Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #81

It's official! Just have to inspect the unit and take in our trade. Deal will complete once this happens. We are super excited to welcome our new, and first 5er, the Sabre 36QBOK!
Nights Camped 2013 - Not enough!
mhuffs9017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #82

Congratulations

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:01 PM   #83
Always Learning

Woohoo! Post pics when you get it!
Old 01-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #84

Anyone hit the scales with their rigs loaded ready to go hitched up? I DO NOT want to start a weight police discussion here I'm just curious if anyone has done so.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:19 PM   #85
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuffs9017 View Post
Anyone hit the scales with their rigs loaded ready to go hitched up? I DO NOT want to start a weight police discussion here I'm just curious if anyone has done so.
I have wanted to all season long, but I've either been in a rush getting out of town, or in a rush getting back home. When the camper is just here, it's generally not loaded for camping. The couple of times I've been out on the highway and had a chance, I was too intimidated with the trucks around to do it.

But, given the weight-sticker on the camper:

Our weight from the factory was 12,239. If I recall correctly, that's supposed to include the 2 propane tanks full as well as the battery. We generally run with close to a full freshwater tank (350 pounds) as well as some water in both black tanks (maybe 5 gallons each for another 70-90 pounds). Rarely we'll run with water in all 5 tanks, depending on our overnight stops and destination.

My guess is that we run close to 14,500. BUT- that's a wild estimate (or wishful or even pessimistic thinking) based on what we've added to the camper (not that I've ever weighed anything).
Old 01-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #86

Speaking of tanks, does anyone know their locations? Especially the freshwater one?
Old 01-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #87
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Speaking of tanks, does anyone know their locations? Especially the freshwater one?
Normally the fw tank is directly inline with the outside fill.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #88
Always Learning

Quote:
I haven't looked under the underbelly cover yet, BUT the drain for the fresh water tank is approximately where the left-side of the bush is in this picture:

Other than that - I can only tell you tanks by pull handles (starting from the front):
1) Gray #1 is below the heater
2) Black #1 is behind that a bit
3) Gray #2 is just behind the main living room slide
4) Gray #3 is just behind the bunkhouse slide
5) Black #2 is just behind that

(I generally get gray 3 and black 2 switched up, so I might have them backwards.)

Gray #1 is for the front bathroom's shower + sink.

Gray #2 is for the kitchen/galley.

Gray #3 is for the outside kitchen sink.

Black #1 is for the front bathroom toilet.

Black #2 is for the rear bathroom toilet and sink. (On my 2012, at least - I actually recommended Sabre plumb these up so that the sink goes to the gray, but I don't know if they made production changes to address my personal/specific feedback. )
Old 01-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #89
Always Learning

p.s. my neighbors love me. The camper stays out front of the house on the road for weeks at a time. Just after the new year (after we got back from 2 weeks in Florida), the neighbor across the street came over and as tactfully as he could, asked if it would be staying for the winter or what. (It wasn't - just had business at work and my plumbing issue to deal with before winterizing it and taking it to the storage lot.)
Old 01-25-2013, 04:56 PM   #90
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Normally the fw tank is directly inline with the outside fill.
That sounds pretty accurate. Here's a picture of the back-side of the water connections. The biggest hose towards the top is the fresh-water fill and makes a pretty straight shot down through the floor (gentle curves, of course).

A minor gripe - after seeing behind it, I don't entirely understand why it had to be so high. I think they could have lowered it (making putting water in from a jug easier) and still had a gentle curve.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #91

It's official! Just have to inspect the unit and take in our trade. Deal will complete once this happens. We are super excited to welcome our new, and first 5er, the Sabre 36QBOK!

Awesome!! That is the unit I viewed prior to ordering mine. When do you plan on picking up? Please share you PDI experience and your towing experience on the way home. I will also tow with a 3/4 ton and am interested to hear your take on the towing difference between your TT and the new fiver.
Airlift system/on board compressor

speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:56 AM   #92

Well, thanks to mother nature we'll be holding off our signing until next weekend. It's supposed to snow all day here tomorrow so we're deciding to hold tight. I'll be sure to take the camera and post up some pics.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #93

Quote:
Well, thanks to mother nature we'll be holding off our signing until next weekend. It's supposed to snow all day here tomorrow so we're deciding to hold tight. I'll be sure to take the camera and post up some pics.
I would do the same....not only the snow but cold temps. We had a near white out here in Lex last night and I am at home with my younger one for a school "snow day". I'll be looking for your pics next weekend. I am anxious to hear how they process your trade unit, the paperwork portion and PDI. I am planning on taking delivery of our unit in two weeks and am allowing for an all day experience. Too bad we can't have the temps we had earlier this week!
Airlift system/on board compressor

speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #94

New to this forum, Glad to have so much info available!

We have just ordered our 36 qbok!! We are very excited! We are upgrading from a 99 wilderness 24 ft 5ER! Should be quite a change for us!

Ours is due the end of Feb!
bluflame11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:54 PM   #95
Always Learning

Congrats bluflame11! We are incredibly happy with ours! She's in storage now, but somehow - even 6miles away, I can still hear her whisper my name at night.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:44 PM   #96

Lol! My wife says I'm obsessed!! Haha!

My only little concern is towing a unit that size...I have been towing since I could drive, but never anything longer than 28 foot...yet...
bluflame11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluflame11 View Post

We have just ordered our 36 qbok!! We are very excited! We are upgrading from a 99 wilderness 24 ft 5ER! Should be quite a change for us!

Our dealer just called and our 36 QBOK is ready for pickup (We ordered Dec. 20, 2012) Will wait till next week to pickup, cann't use it in MN yet. I have pulled a 28 and a 33 FW's but this is the first one this long (41.7) just take alittle getting used to. Going down the road won't be a problem just the parking will want an extra pair of eyes watching.
Heiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #98
Always Learning

Quote:
Lol! My wife says I'm obsessed!! Haha!

My only little concern is towing a unit that size...I have been towing since I could drive, but never anything longer than 28 foot...yet...
LOL, I gots you beat there. Before my pop-up, my prior towing experience before the FW was a kayak trailer being pulled from a parking lot, down a walking path to a lake. If we couldn't park it back in it's parking lot, we'd simply get it close and PUSH IT INTO POSITION! Same with hitching up!

Then I got the pop-up - it was something like 3,300 lbs. and no longer had the option of pushing it around by hand. That was 19' from coupler to bumper. We had that for a year.

THEN we got the fifth wheel. The dealership sent one of their techs on a test-drive with me. I made him pull it around the building (back to front) before I'd get in and drive. We drove for 30 or 45 minutes and he gave me tips as we went.

After leaving there, we stopped at a couple of Walmarts on our way to a campground; I hopped 3 curbs and almost ran out of gas!

Since then, I've only gently kissed a curb or two.

The size doesn't bother me so much now. I still get anxious thinking about making it around campgrounds and having to back into our sites. But wife and I have been working on it. Our storage lot parking experience has gone from 50+ minutes down to about 5.

Most importantly: !!!
Old 02-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #99
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiman View Post
Going down the road won't be a problem just the parking will want an extra pair of eyes watching.
Yep, wife and I always work as a team. It's funny - parking with friends and family, there's always a guy who ends up trying to give directions. We've found if she calls me on my cell, I listen only to her. Our friends and family quickly get the hint. I really only want them around to yell STOP if I'm going to hit something (and even then, sometimes I know I'm coming within inches of something).

As for out on the road - truck stops are our best friend. We use the truck pumps in the back and just pretend we're one of them.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #100

Quote:

Congrats to you! We can't wait to go get ours. Darn snow is keeping us here in Cincy tomorrow or we'd have it tomorrow. I'm sure we are equally excited to pick them up and get campin!

Welcome to the forum!