Old 01-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #51

Sabre had all the necessary equipment for the outside kitchen which we use a lot, minus a grill, which to me is the easiest thing to acquire. I bought a Weber Q200 and retrofitted it to plug up to the camper. I do remember not being moved by the Sandpiper outside kitchen setup, not to say it wasnt nice, just didn't do it for me, and if I recall correctly, it doesn't have the stove. We got the rear bike rack/cargo carrier anyway, and my last camper had the swing around grill with the different bumper mount than the Sandpiper, which I liked better than the one on the 365. Inside the bigger bunkhouse with airbed sofa and folding bed/bench with table appealed to us more, as we always end up with a trailer full of kids. We also liked the bunkhouse layout with plenty of open room, while still having a nice storage and entertainment center The Sabre front bedroom is more than ample for us, in fact my wife didn't want the king bed. She prefers me closer to her, and likes the little tables. Fit and finish I like the Sabre, and love the super lounge option. The full sized shower trumps the angle shower for me. Overall we looked at every version of the floorplan that we could find, and hands down the Sabre did it for us more than any other line. Good luck deciding, you may wanna give Sabre a good look. Oh, and for the price, the platinum package is a must!

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaydBack View Post
Sabre had all the necessary equipment for the outside kitchen which we use a lot, minus a grill, which to me is the easiest thing to acquire. I bought a Weber Q200 and retrofitted it to plug up to the camper. I do remember not being moved by the Sandpiper outside kitchen setup, not to say it wasnt nice, just didn't do it for me, and if I recall correctly, it doesn't have the stove. We got the rear bike rack/cargo carrier anyway, and my last camper had the swing around grill with the different bumper mount than the Sandpiper, which I liked better than the one on the 365. Inside the bigger bunkhouse with airbed sofa and folding bed/bench with table appealed to us more, as we always end up with a trailer full of kids. We also liked the bunkhouse layout with plenty of open room, while still having a nice storage and entertainment center The Sabre front bedroom is more than ample for us, in fact my wife didn't want the king bed. She prefers me closer to her, and likes the little tables. Fit and finish I like the Sabre, and love the super lounge option. The full sized shower trumps the angle shower for me. Overall we looked at every version of the floorplan that we could find, and hands down the Sabre did it for us more than any other line. Good luck deciding, you may wanna give Sabre a good look. Oh, and for the price, the platinum package is a must!
We are definitely going with the platinum package. Has to match the tow rig

Does the super lounger come with a hide-a-bed as well? We will need as much sleeping as possible and right now we don't have the super lounger on the list of upgrades.

Nights Camped 2013 - Not enough!
mhuffs9017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuffs9017 View Post

We are definitely going with the platinum package. Has to match the tow rig

Does the super lounger come with a hide-a-bed as well? We will need as much sleeping as possible and right now we don't have the super lounger on the list of upgrades.
Super lounge does have sleeper, so I say it sleeps 9. Platinum is gonna look gooooooooooddddd with my truck too.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #54
Fulltime family RVer

We did the partial paint with turned out to look pretty stunning with our gray truck. The "platinum package" wasn't offered at the time we bought. We got the solid surface counter tops and galley extension (this is one of our favorite upgrades- we use it constantly!). We upgraded to the 15k A/C and also got the second air in the master bedroom. We went with the standard u-shape dinette. In the bunkhouse, we opted for a sleeper sofa back there and upgraded the sleeper sofa in the main living area.

Our dealer out on J/Ts knockoffs (UltraFab Eliminators) as well as slide topper/awnings.

Had they been options- I would have gotten a central vac system and a black tank flusher for the second tank.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-928694741.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	23175  
Old 01-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaydBack View Post
I figured I best point out that I still need to verify the 32" will fit widthwise thru the baggage door and in between the gas struts. I realized that the TV I bought is 29.5" wide and would probably definitely require that the mount be centered in the opening. That being the case, I have to look at the cut sheets on the MorRyde site to get an idea of what the overall height of the stowed TV/mount setup will be. I don't want to block the entire storage access when the TV is stowed. In the pic I attached, I need to know the distance in between the gas struts and the height from the high floor of the basement to the bottom of the aluminum framing at the top of the basement. I'd hate to order a $160 bracket that I can't use, I can always exchange the TV.
Keep us posted on this. I'd like to see how this can be done.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:56 PM   #56

We ordered the 36qbok as well due to many factors. I was partiicular about the outside kitchen as I made good use of the one in the unit I am trading. The ok had to have a built in stove, not a pull out drawer to set a coleman stove with fuel tank. I wanted the quick connect high pressure gas line that hooks direct to the stove. I also required a sink and fridge. I like the flex faucet on 36qbok and the microwave is an added bonus. I don't mind loosing the grill attachement. Like Laydback said, you can get a portable colemman road trip gill. I think I will like this option better than the fixed grill on the bumper. It was hard to clean and you could not change the position. I am gladly trading that for bike rack with a 450lb capacity. We also chose the 36qbok for the large bunkhouse, exta 1/2 bath for the kids, not to mention the mega storage space and table set up. In the main living area we also opted for the superlounge with air bed. According the Laydback the tables (2) and legs can be stored under the couch. In that setup it's very similar to a toy hauler main living space. Comes equiped with the central vac, ceiling fan, charging center for your personal electronics and solid surface counter tops with an extension. We love the residential style shower in the master bath. The MB does seem smaller but it's an improvement over the one we have now. We also opted for the queen bed as I did not want to give up the shelves on the sides...plus now I don't have to get new sheets. We upgraded the AC from 13.5 to 15 and added the 2nd AC in the MB. Also added the slide toppers (just thought it looked classy) but that was an luxury expense. We chose the platinum edition...as Laydback said....well worth the cost and it will look good on his truck! Im envious Laydack....I have covented the F350 King Ranch for years but for now am going to have to stick with my Silverado...As my wife says....we have done enought to help stimulate the economy. Oh...also added the trail air equiflex suspension and rubberized pin box and 12gal water heater. The delivery of my unit should be any day as the dealer provided the VIN# to me last week. I plan on taking delivery President's day weekend as want ample time for the PDI and to stay overnight in case the unit needs any immediate attention from the dealer.
Airlift system/on board compressor

speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:09 PM   #57

Laydback,

Thanks for the input on the basement TV mount. I'm going to wait and lay eyes on mine before taking on that one...let me know what you decide on...also...where is the electric panel in relation to the stairs. Also, how did you mod the grill?
Airlift system/on board compressor

speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:26 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuffs9017 View Post
Keep us posted on this. I'd like to see how this can be done.
Sure thing.....It will definitely be done. I'll try to keep it simple enough that anyone could do it. My ultimate goal is to come up with something that the TV stays affixed to, and that I don't have to do much if anything to setup. I do know that the original mount that speedcat and I were looking at is more than likely out of the equation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcat View Post
Laydback,

Thanks for the input on the basement TV mount. I'm going to wait and lay eyes on mine before taking on that one...let me know what you decide on...also...where is the electric panel in relation to the stairs. Also, how did you mod the grill?
It's where the white vent is in the pic below, by the bottom step. I have the central vac in the toe kick of the bottom step, and that's where they put the vent. I plan to try and put my surge guard under the bottom step, and depending on if there's room, I may install a vac pan also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcat View Post
We ordered the 36qbok as well due to many factors. I was partiicular about the outside kitchen as I made good use of the one in the unit I am trading. The ok had to have a built in stove, not a pull out drawer to set a coleman stove with fuel tank. I wanted the quick connect high pressure gas line that hooks direct to the stove. I also required a sink and fridge. I like the flex faucet on 36qbok and the microwave is an added bonus. I don't mind loosing the grill attachement. Like Laydback said, you can get a portable colemman road trip gill. I think I will like this option better than the fixed grill on the bumper. It was hard to clean and you could not change the position. I am gladly trading that for bike rack with a 450lb capacity. We also chose the 36qbok for the large bunkhouse, exta 1/2 bath for the kids, not to mention the mega storage space and table set up. In the main living area we also opted for the superlounge with air bed. According the Laydback the tables (2) and legs can be stored under the couch. In that setup it's very similar to a toy hauler main living space. Comes equiped with the central vac, ceiling fan, charging center for your personal electronics and solid surface counter tops with an extension. We love the residential style shower in the master bath. The MB does seem smaller but it's an improvement over the one we have now. We also opted for the queen bed as I did not want to give up the shelves on the sides...plus now I don't have to get new sheets. We upgraded the AC from 13.5 to 15 and added the 2nd AC in the MB. Also added the slide toppers (just thought it looked classy) but that was an luxury expense. We chose the platinum edition...as Laydback said....well worth the cost and it will look good on his truck! Im envious Laydack....I have covented the F350 King Ranch for years but for now am going to have to stick with my Silverado...As my wife says....we have done enought to help stimulate the economy. Oh...also added the trail air equiflex suspension and rubberized pin box and 12gal water heater. The delivery of my unit should be any day as the dealer provided the VIN# to me last week. I plan on taking delivery President's day weekend as want ample time for the PDI and to stay overnight in case the unit needs any immediate attention from the dealer.
Sounds like we chose just about the same options. I assumed that the 1/2 bath had the cheapo fan, but it turned out to just have been a vent. Had I known, I'dve payed for the extra high powered fan back there. Now I'll have to do the Vortex II. I figured why not on the 12 gallon water heater, and 2nd AC was a must for a unit of this size. Slide toppers are standard fare with me....why have the hassle of having to get on top of the roof/slide to clean it all the time. I hate that by getting the upgraded pin box, they don't have the nicely matched cover for it, but I went with the Trail Aire pinbox as well. We got the solid surface top with extension, and I must tell you that the front table and extension shut down the road when you have both in use, so though it was a surprise, we can live with it.

I got a good deal on the truck, and decided to trade my EFI Live tuned, deleted, re-routed, 4" cat back, transgo jr 2008 Silverado 2500HD vs. adding leafs and stabilizer bar, etc. I loved that truck, but feel more confident going at this unit with a dually, and with the growing boys, I liked the cab size of the Ford.

As for retrofitting the Weber Q200, it was rather easy. I removed the regulator, which left 1/8" MPT threads on the gas valve. I used a 1/4 MIP x 1/8 FIP brass bushing and a 1/4 FIP x 3/8 male flare brass adapter. I already have a hose for my Camp Chef stove that has a 3/8 female flare on one end and the 250 male plug for the quick connect on the opposite end. Probably cost $6 to do since I already have the hose. See the pics below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	panel.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	23199   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130107_173618[1].jpg
Views:	97
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	23200   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130107_173738[1].jpg
Views:	90
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	23201   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130107_214159[1].jpg
Views:	83
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	23202   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130107_214224[1].jpg
Views:	91
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	23203  

Old 01-21-2013, 02:07 AM   #59

That last post got a bit lengthy, so I figured I'd do a separate post.

Here's some of the mods I plan to do:

50A Hardwired SurgeGuard
Vortex II fan in 1/2 Bath
Switch to run furnace in fan mode only, just as a circulation fan
Extend gas pipe 6' and add a second quick connect
2 Cyclone Vents
2nd Black tank flush for 1/2 bath
2 Fanmate 950 black vent covers (may do MaxxAir IIs)
LED lighting in pass thru (on my last camper I set these up to come on when a door was opened)
Backup lights on rear of camper
Running lights in wheel wells (helps locate wheels when maneuvering in dark)
TST TPMS (already have from last trailer)
VacPan added to central vac system
32" LED TV in bunkhouse
32" LED TV in pass thru
26" LED TV in bedroom
Winegard SensarPro
Wingman or Jack (head only)
Rework electrical circuiting
Locking knobs for bedrooms and bathrooms
New shade for bedroom door (see below)

I had these LEDs on my last trailer and plan to do on the 36QBOK

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="Changing Color RGB LEDs - YouTube" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We noticed on the unit our dealer had in stock when we ordered ours, that the glass in the doors of the bedroom and bunkhouse are not the same size/width. The factory still puts the same width shade on each door, which just barely covers the glass on the bedroom door, and you can still see into the bedroom when the shade is down. I ordered the smallest width offered (21") from getblinds.com to replace the original shade. The antique linen seemed to be the closest match, and I paid about $35.

I'm sure the list will continue to grow. I'm looking into a small inverter to power the outside (beer) refrigerator, as we go down the road. I haven't quite educated myself on the potential ill-effects this might cause as far as the refrigerator.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:05 AM   #60

LaydBack - I'm looking forward to your mods and tutorials. A lot can be learned from you.

I have a question. The park where we are most often is only 30A. I'm going to do the 50A upgrade ordered during the build simply because I'm not an electrician. Will I be able to run the 2 A/C's? I've read conflicting info online about as long as they don't start together etc. Wondering if you have any insights.