Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiman View Post
Our dealer just called and our 36 QBOK is ready for pickup (We ordered Dec. 20, 2012) Will wait till next week to pickup, cann't use it in MN yet. I have pulled a 28 and a 33 FW's but this is the first one this long (41.7) just take alittle getting used to. Going down the road won't be a problem just the parking will want an extra pair of eyes watching.
Awesome! So cool to see so many new buyers of the 36qbok. It's a great model for our growing family. We thought we were good with the 34 BH TT but quickly found as they grew so did our need for more, and separate spaces.

Congrats on your new 5er! Can't wait to pick ours up.

Nights Camped 2013 - Not enough!
mhuffs9017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #102

Thanks for the welcome! We are just south of Pitt...so I'm sure your Cincy snow will be coming our way!

Too bad mother nature didn't cooperate, but good things come to those that wait!
bluflame11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #103

Question. Anyone using surge protection on your rigs? I have a portable 30A now for the old TT. Was wondering how difficult it would be to put in a hardwired unit from progressive industries, EMS-LCHW50C?

Any of you do this yet?
Old 02-04-2013, 08:06 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuffs9017 View Post
Question. Anyone using surge protection on your rigs? I have a portable 30A now for the old TT. Was wondering how difficult it would be to put in a hardwired unit from progressive industries, EMS-LCHW50C?

Any of you do this yet?
I have the SurgeGuard hardwired 50A to go in when I take delivery. I plan to
install it either under stairs, behind the subwoofer, or go thru the basement if necessary. i prefer to have it where it can be seen. There's pics in the link in my sig of the one i installed in my last unit. Do not install these units on there back, as the instructions say not to, and that's the way my dealer installed my original 30A one, and I originally did the 50A that way, until a member on another forum saw my pics and pointed it out.

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #105
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaydBack View Post

I have the SurgeGuard hardwired 50A to go in when I take delivery. I plan to
install it either under stairs, behind the subwoofer, or go thru the basement if necessary. i prefer to have it where it can be seen. There's pics in the link in my sig of the one i installed in my last unit. Do not install these units on there back, as the instructions say not to, and that's the way my dealer installed my original 30A one, and I originally did the 50A that way, until a member on another forum saw my pics and pointed it out.
Please document the process with steps and instructions. :-) I want to add one.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:40 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Please document the process with steps and instructions. :-) I want to add one.
Sure thing. It's really a 1 maybe 2 beer mod....just depending on where your panel is, and what you have to do to get to it.

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:59 PM   #107
Always Learning

I wish I could measure things in just 1 or 2 beers! I'm not handy in the slightest! Everything takes me a while and multiple trips to the home improvement stores.

My panel is under my fridge...
Old 02-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaydBack View Post
Sure thing. It's really a 1 maybe 2 beer mod....just depending on where your panel is, and what you have to do to get to it.
Yes! This would be so helpful. I'm handy, but not an electrician. I can follow directions too, just ask my DW.

To be honest, I don't think it's going to be that hard, I'm just more concerned with where to tap in and cut the existing wire. I'll be looking for your mod review on this one.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #109

Quote:
I wish I could measure things in just 1 or 2 beers! I'm not handy in the slightest! Everything takes me a while ...
Consider yourself lucky 'cause then it's a 3 or 4 beer job .
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:00 PM   #110

Our unit has arrived at the dealer!! Planning on PDI on 2/16. Hey mhuffs..are you scheduled to pick up your's this weekend? If so, and you get a chance, take a look at mine and let me know how she looks..I noticed the dealer has my unit on thier inventory web site without pics, not listed as "pending sale" or "sold"....just "call for show price" and "make an offer"....does that sound typical? Since I custom ordered and they are holding my earnest money I think they should at least list it as a pending sale.
Airlift system/on board compressor

speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:03 PM   #111
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcat View Post
Our unit has arrived at the dealer!! Planning on PDI on 2/16. Hey mhuffs..are you scheuled to pick up your's this weekend? If so, and you get a chance, take a look at mine and let me know how she looks..I noticed the dealer has my unit on thier inventory web site without pics, not listed as "pending sale" or "sold"....just "call for show price" and "make an offer"....does that sound typical? Since I customer ordered and they are holding my earnest money I think they should at least list it as a pending sale.
Sometimes they do that to get traffic in and then tell them its "sale pending" and try to sell them something else !

TURBS
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:16 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Sometimes they do that to get traffic in and then tell them its "sale pending" and try to sell them something else !

TURBS
Thanks for the reassurance...I thought so, as I've seen some on the lot like that, but it still makes me a bit nervous.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #113

Price

My DW and I are looking to get a new 5er for us and the family. We really like the 36qbok by sabre. The dealer is asking 49900 for it. Looking for some tactical advice on how much I should offer and pay and what other have gotten theirs for?

Thanks
Scoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #114
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Thanks for the reassurance...I thought so, as I've seen some on the lot like that, but it still makes me a bit nervous.
Fully warranted !
ITS a sales tactic used by a lot of stealerships !

When we were looking for our latest 5th wheel I at a dealer that had 4 units we would have considered buying .........
They were listed online as NEW arrivals come in and buy today with low apr.
As I just work Down the street I checked in on it the day after the Internet sale went up ....
4 were customer ordered and 1 was sale pending .
Old 02-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoffman View Post
My DW and I are looking to get a new 5er for us and the family. We really like the 36qbok by sabre. The dealer is asking 49900 for it. Looking for some tactical advice on how much I should offer and pay and what other have gotten theirs for?

Thanks
It depends on options etc...what is the "listed" retail price? I have found you can typically take 25-30% off of the retail price. It can also get a little confusing when you have a trade, is this the case? However, that price does sound high...I think the range for a base model should be between $37K-$42K. I reccomend getting quotes on line from RV Wholesaler, Tom Raper etc..and asking the dealer to match or get close..

Old 02-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #116

Quote:

Thanks
BTW...Welcome aboard!!! Noticed that was your first post. This will be my 4th RV but first FR product. I have shopped, compared, priced and thunk about this one for over a year. I also have participted on other manufacturers forum and this one, by far, is the best!! Go to the Welcome Mat thread and introduce yourself...you will find there are lots of friendly, helpful folks on here...

Old 02-07-2013, 09:47 PM   #117
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:

Thanks
Sent you a pm

TURBS
Old 02-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #118
Always Learning

Quote:
Our unit has arrived at the dealer!! Planning on PDI on 2/16. Hey mhuffs..are you scheduled to pick up your's this weekend? If so, and you get a chance, take a look at mine and let me know how she looks..I noticed the dealer has my unit on thier inventory web site without pics, not listed as "pending sale" or "sold"....just "call for show price" and "make an offer"....does that sound typical? Since I custom ordered and they are holding my earnest money I think they should at least list it as a pending sale.
My camper is still on the dealership's website (with incorrect specs at that) as "for sale". I've owned it for almost 7 months now.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:55 PM   #119

Quote:
My camper is still on the dealership's website (with incorrect specs at that) as "for sale". I've owned it for almost 7 months now.
WOW...now there's a delaer that needs a new web marketing salesperson!

Old 02-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #120
Always Learning

Quote:

WOW...now there's a delaer that needs a new web marketing salesperson!
Even better- I called them cold and custom ordered the rig. They didn't list it on the site until they got it there and took pictures of it. (Shrugs.)

There weren't any signs that they walked people thru it. I don't care after that... :-)