Hello all. I’m new to the site and this is my first post. Sorry it’s a bit long…
I’m posting in this thread even though my wife and I won’t officially be QBOK owners until tomorrow afternoon. We’ve walked through it a couple of times at the dealership and after looking at a number of other trailers, we decided that it’s definitely what we want.
Our story is actually kind of interesting/funny. We currently are parked permanent with a 2008 Wildwood with 4 bunks in the back. But with 3 kids (plus their friends) and 2 dogs we decided that we need something just a little bit bigger.
We’ve been looking around for most of the summer and happened to stop by a dealership that we drive by literally every time we go to the campgrounds. We had looked around their lot before but nothing caught our eye. The salesman showed us a Gateway but it only had 3 bunks. Then he showed us the QBOK and we really liked it but were still a little un-decided.
So we went back the following week and the salesman we had talked to was busy with another couple. He stopped by and said that they had lowered the price on the Gateway and that we should take another look at it. So we did and we still weren’t overly impressed. We saw another customer in the Gateway but that’s not uncommon.
Then we went to check the Sabre again but it was looked. The lady at the front desk gave us a key and we went back out to look inside. We weren’t in there for 30 seconds when another couple came in. It happened to be the wife of the guy that was looking at the Gateway 5 minutes before. Then he came in a few seconds later.
We started talking and comparing notes for a few minutes and we told them that we were probably going to go with the Sabre.
So we go back to wait for the salesman and we find out the other couple we were just talking to is who he is working with. He stops by and we asked him if the other couple was interested in the Sabre also. He said “You really need to take a 2nd look at the Gateway”. We told him that we were not interested in that one, we’d rather have the Sabre.
So a few minutes later he comes over with a different salesman. He said that he might be awhile and that we needed some attention. So we could go over with this other salesmen to his desk and talk. We asked him if the other couple was interested in the Sabre and he said they were still undecided but that his “pen was moving a little slow”
So we talk with the other salesman and are literally 10 feet behind the other couple. I was half-listening to their conversation and it sounded like he wanted one trailer and she wanted another.
So we put we went ahead and put money down so they could hold it and run the numbers with the bank on Monday. The first salesman finds out and goes up to the other couple and says “Well, the Sabre is off the table.” Meanwhile we are still sitting 10 feet away.
My wife felt bad about it but I told her that we simply helped the other couple make their decision easier. It’s a 2015 so I’m sure they will have more on the lot before too long.
So we’ve had all week to worry about everything going right because we have a lot that has to be done and the timing has to be nearly perfect.
The salesman said that we could sign the papers this weekend and have it delivered next weekend. Well next weekend is “Halloween weekend” at our campground. Everyone will be decorating and the kids get to dress up and go trick-or-treating in the afternoon. So we didn’t want to deal with getting a new trailer delivered in the middle of all that. So they will be delivering it sometime during the week next week instead.
This weekend we have to get our decks moved out of the way so they can get the old one out and the new one in. This will require at least 7 or 8 guys helping us move them because they are pretty heavy. This could get tricky because the new trailer will be going in a different spot on our site since it’s about 10 feet longer. We’ll be facing north instead of east.
Then we have to get the old trailer emptied out as much as possible and find a place to store everything for a few days.
We’ll find out tomorrow if the salesmen went to the campground to check our site like he said he would. We want to be sure we can fit the new trailer in the way we want it. I know the trailer will fit, but it’s gonna be a tight squeeze getting the vehicle they use to tow it in and then back out again.
This is not even mentioning that we are still waiting on a repair guy to get some repairs done that we had set up a month ago. The parts needed were on back-order. I’m hoping to find the repairs done when I get there tonight.
Less than 24 hours to go!