Old 10-08-2014, 10:22 PM   #811
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
So we got it delivered and set-up with no problems. Spent our first weekend in it along with 9 kids.

We did find out that they didnít give us keys for the door to the outdoor kitchen. The key to unlock the 3 doors to the basement is a different key. The OK takes a standard 751 key that so many other trailers have. They just didnít give us any new ones and we gave up our old ones when we traded in our old TT.

Luckily my parents are on the site next to us and they have one.
Good thing you could get in!!
We didn't get one either. We caught it when they gave us the keys and locked up after pdi. Our dealer just gave us the one off of his keychain. Then I later stopped by a lock Smith and had a bunch of others made.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:21 PM   #812
Site Team

So after spending 3 weekends in our QBOK, I have a couple of observations/comments.

One thing we noticed is a lack of electric outlets in the main living area. There’s one under the dinette and one above the sink. That’s it. I can’t believe they didn’t put one on each side of the door going into the bunkhouse. Our old Wildwood had them there.

I’m also tying to figure out how we went through both our tanks of propane in two weeks. We discovered this on Saturday afternoon when the furnace wouldn’t kick in.

Two full 30# tanks should’ve lasted a lot longer than that. We keep the heat set around 68 and used the electric fireplace during the day. The only time we use any hot water is on Sunday afternoon for the few dishes we have.

On Sunday we used the electric to heat up the water and it took forever to heat up. The temp outside was somewhere around 50 degrees that day. I thought electric was supposed to be faster?

Other than that we loved it and can’t wait until next year when we’ll get to spend a full season in it.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:30 PM   #813
Fulltime family RVer

I find that in moderately cool temperatures (50 degree days, 40 degree nights), we'll go through a propane tank every other day or so. But we also like to keep warm and have it set above 70.

Electric outlet-wise.. there is one behind of our love seat, one under the dinette, 1 at the charging station, 1 behind the TV, one on the cabinet below the sink (facing the TV), one above the counter top (e.g. above the sink but off to the side).

Where I'm disappointed in the lack of outlets is in the bunkhouse - there aren't any on the passenger side bunks even though they could have tapped off of the outside kitchen. Plus, I think a pair of 2amp 12v USB plugs at each bunk would be ideal at this point. (And 4 up at the charging station since just about everything is USB.)
Old 10-20-2014, 04:31 PM   #814
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Where I'm disappointed in the lack of outlets is in the bunkhouse - there aren't any on the passenger side bunks even though they could have tapped off of the outside kitchen. Plus, I think a pair of 2amp 12v USB plugs at each bunk would be ideal at this point. (And 4 up at the charging station since just about everything is USB.)
Agreed. I was surprised to find that the charging station doesnít have them. One of these solves the problem though.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:41 PM   #815
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
Agreed. I was surprised to find that the charging station doesnít have them. One of these solves the problem though.

Yeah, I've got a couple of them. Would be nice to be built-in, though.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:04 PM   #816

Quote:
I find that in moderately cool temperatures (50 degree days, 40 degree nights), we'll go through a propane tank every other day or so. But we also like to keep warm and have it set above 70.

Electric outlet-wise.. there is one behind of our love seat, one under the dinette, 1 at the charging station, 1 behind the TV, one on the cabinet below the sink (facing the TV), one above the counter top (e.g. above the sink but off to the side).

That sounds like an awful lot of propane even if your stat is set >70.
2006 HarleyDavidson RoadKing Classic
5verdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 07:20 PM   #817
Fulltime family RVer

I don't know. It's 42' of camping goodness. It's a fair amount of windows in the living room (and we weren't offered double-paned windows).

But, I only have a pop-up to compare it to and we didn't use that a whole lot in the chilly months. AND we augmented that with an electric heater.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:37 PM   #818
Oklahoma Proud

I just pulled my first empty bottle out last weekend. That is camping 40 nights since may 28th, and running water heater on gas for about 2 months. We have used the furnace about 3 or 4 nights and a couple days that were in the upper 50s and a couple of the nights were in the upper 50s, mainly when the fireplace wouldn't keep up.
We won't use much more than another tank this year since I think I will only use it for about another month before I take it in to the dealer to get all my warranty stuff worked on.

Ps. We do have the double pane windows and try to keep the hatch doors shut when its cold out.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:51 PM   #819

We purchased our QBOK in the fall of 2012, and basically sat all winter. In 2013 we camped three times in it before we took it to Florida in August. When we camped in October last year we ran out of propane. I attributed it to the dealer not filling both tanks upon taking delivery of it in 2012. I can't believe the bulk of it was used going over the road to Florida and back....but maybe it did.
2006 HarleyDavidson RoadKing Classic
5verdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:56 AM   #820

My 2015 Sabre has the usb ports built in the charging station.... I think I just got it back from the factory this week so I will have to get in and confirm. Sad that I don't know that....

Quote:
Yeah, I've got a couple of them. Would be nice to be built-in, though.