Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2013, 10:37 PM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuffs9017 View Post

Was considering this one..... Looks like it doesn't require a roof anchor either.
That's the one that anchors to the roof.

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:14 PM   #162

Well, all is set. I closed on my son's home loan yesterday, but the dealer was all booked for PDIs today. They will be getting ready for an RV show next week and closed next weekend for that show. We just have to workout a time to do my PDI. I went over today and looked it over again, and they actually had 2 more 36QBOKs out back with mine that are sold and awaiting delivery, and one more unit in stock. This unit is moving really good for them, even though they're not taking it to the shows, mostly due to it's size and the amount of space that they have at the shows. I noticed there is no heat or AC in the 1/2 bath, so I guess there's another mod that I hadn't anticipated. The brochure says that heat and AC are standard in all bathrooms. Does anyone have the registers in theirs? I'm going to ask this on the Sabre Sam thread.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:32 PM   #163
36QBOK-7 Club

Send a message via AIM to bigblue08 Send a message via MSN to bigblue08 Send a message via Skype™ to bigblue08
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaydBack View Post
Well, all is set. I closed on my son's home loan yesterday, but the dealer was all booked for PDIs today. They will be getting ready for an RV show next week and closed next weekend for that show. We just have to workout a time to do my PDI. I went over today and looked it over again, and they actually had 2 more 36QBOKs out back with mine that are sold and awaiting delivery, and one more unit in stock. This unit is moving really good for them, even though they're not taking it to the shows, mostly due to it's size and the amount of space that they have at the shows. I noticed there is no heat or AC in the 1/2 bath, so I guess there's another mod that I hadn't anticipated. The brochure says that heat and AC are standard in all bathrooms. Does anyone have the registers in theirs? I'm going to ask this on the Sabre Sam thread.
I think it comes out of the cabinet in a small plastic vent, heat that is.
B&W Turn over ball and companion
Days Camped 2012 - 76
Days Camped 2013 - 7
bigblue08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #164
Always Learning

Our 1/2 bath has neither heat nor air. It doesn't get too hot, but can be chilly in cool weather (we haven't camped in cold).

The main bathroom up front has both.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:45 PM   #165

I knew that I'd seen one online that had a heat register in the 1/2 bath. Guess they stopped it at some point. Looks like the AC one shouldn't be an issue. The duct should be right between the vent and the wall where the vanity is. When I add the black tank flush for the 1/2 bath, I guess I'll figure out how to route heat to it too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	36QBOK Half Bath.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	24468  

Old 02-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #166
36QBOK-7 Club

Send a message via AIM to bigblue08 Send a message via MSN to bigblue08 Send a message via Skype™ to bigblue08
Quote:
I knew that I'd seen one online that had a heat register in the 1/2 bath. Guess they stopped it at some point. Looks like the AC one shouldn't be an issue. The duct should be right between the vent and the wall where the vanity is. When I add the black tank flush for the 1/2 bath, I guess I'll figure out how to route heat to it too.
I knew I saw that picture somewhere, unfortunately I checked this weekend and it was not of my unit
Days Camped 2012 - 76
Days Camped 2013 - 7
Old 02-18-2013, 11:56 PM   #167

We took possession of our QBOK Saturday and are exhausted from the experience. This is one big sucker!! So by the #s this is the tale of the tape. 42' from stem to stern/from king pin to bumper. The height is actually making me second guess every bridge overpass and stop light/utility line. I measure 12' to the roof line just above the bedroom window passenger side. Add 15" for the 2nd A/C and and inch or three for the arch in the roof and the total is 13'6". My dry weight ended up at 12,349lbs. Due to a misunderstanding with our order it came with the wide lower bunk vs. the couch with airbed. The sales manager gave us a cash credit and we were satisfied as we had wondered if the bunk would suit us better than the couch anyway. The towing experience has been better than expected. the coach certainly tracks better and is more stable when dealing with the trucks on the interstate and my fuel mileage ended up about the same. I have had a little "chucking" back and forth but nothing severe. In fact the ride is smoother at higher speeds. When I pulled off of the dealers lot it was dark, 19 degrees and snowing. A few miles down the road the DW and kids are ready to stop for dinner since our lunch had consisted of complimentary hot dogs from the dealership. So Cracker Barrel it is, but wait..how do I nav and park this beast?? The DW instructs me to bypass the service road to the CB and turn around in the adjacent neighborhood for a better approach...I make the smart comment.."hope it's not a dead end"..well..as luck has it..yes...a dead end...so in the freezing blowing snow the DW gets out and directs me to back into a residential driveway and turn around...after a few beads of sweat and anxious moments we nav the turn and make it back to the CB for dinner prior to the long trip back home...enough for now..I will post more later about my PDI and further inspection at home.
Airlift system/on board compressor

speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:46 AM   #168

Congrats on your new toy and home away from home when travelling.
Flying dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:03 AM   #169
Always Learning

Quote:
I don't think that's a heat register in the picture. I think there was some discussion at one point of "what is it?" I don't recall what it is- but I don't think it's a heat register...
Old 02-19-2013, 01:39 PM   #170
Always Learning

In fact, this is a picture of my actual camper (pics taken on the dealer's lot last July):

I'm almost positive that it's not a heat register. It's on the other side of the wall from our converter/breaker box. My guess is that it's a fan outlet.

I thought I had heard that the newer campers had this moved to the stairwell wall - hence the removing of this vent.

When I pull the cover on the bottom of the camper in the coming months to install my black tank flush for the 2nd black tank, I'll see if I can tell any better.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:53 PM   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
In fact, this is a picture of my actual camper (pics taken on the dealer's lot last July):

I'm almost positive that it's not a heat register. It's on the other side of the wall from our converter/breaker box. My guess is that it's a fan outlet.

I thought I had heard that the newer campers had this moved to the stairwell wall - hence the removing of this vent.

When I pull the cover on the bottom of the camper in the coming months to install my black tank flush for the 2nd black tank, I'll see if I can tell any better.
Thanks for the good follow up. The camper online that my pic came from does have the power center under the refrigerator, but there's a grille just to the right of it for air. Nevertheless, I have a black tank flush kit waiting to be installed as well, so during that install, I will take care of heat to the half bath. I've just gotta get'er home!

I've been thinking, once I start posting mods, would the fellow 36QBOKers prefer posting them here, or is there/should we start a 36QBOK Mods thread in the mods section???

Old 02-19-2013, 02:13 PM   #172
Always Learning

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of the power center under the fridge to remember if there's a grill down there or not and sadly, the camper lives in storage, so I can't even hop on over to it.

My opinion for the mods - I'd prefer separate threads (extra points if you have 36QBOK in the subject line). I find it easier to find stuff later - though, this one-thread thing is nice for following along!
Old 02-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #173
36QBOK-7 Club

Quote:
Thanks for the good follow up. The camper online that my pic came from does have the power center under the refrigerator, but there's a grille just to the right of it for air. Nevertheless, I have a black tank flush kit waiting to be installed as well, so during that install, I will take care of heat to the half bath. I've just gotta get'er home!

I've been thinking, once I start posting mods, would the fellow 36QBOKers prefer posting them here, or is there/should we start a 36QBOK Mods thread in the mods section???
My preference would be a mods thread in mods. I will be doing my first one this weekend hopefully. Installing a Fan-tastic fan 6600r/417 in the 1/2 bath with a new power switch located with the one for the lights. I do have a question have you or anyone else found Dicor that matches the roof? I have the cocoa colored exterior with the tan'ish roof. I know they make it as the current vent is sealed with it.
Days Camped 2012 - 76
Days Camped 2013 - 7
Old 02-20-2013, 08:49 PM   #174

]I have a question about the location of the central vac cannister/bag access. The access to mine is about three inches behind the basement wall, behind a plastic panel secured with one screw. In other fiver's, most I have seen are flush with the wall and more easily accessible. Where is it in your QBOK?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20130218_103845.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	24580

Old 02-21-2013, 08:04 AM   #175
36QBOK-7 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcat View Post
]I have a question about the location of the central vac cannister/bag access. The access to mine is about three inches behind the basement wall, behind a plastic panel secured with one screw. In other fiver's, most I have seen are flush with the wall and more easily accessible. Where is it in your QBOK?

Attachment 24580
Mine is exactly as you describe and show in the picture.
Days Camped 2012 - 76
Days Camped 2013 - 7
Old 02-21-2013, 03:24 PM   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcat View Post
We took possession of our QBOK Saturday and are exhausted from the experience. This is one big sucker!! So by the #s this is the tale of the tape. 42' from stem to stern/from king pin to bumper. The height is actually making me second guess every bridge overpass and stop light/utility line. I measure 12' to the roof line just above the bedroom window passenger side. Add 15" for the 2nd A/C and and inch or three for the arch in the roof and the total is 13'6". My dry weight ended up at 12,349lbs. Due to a misunderstanding with our order it came with the wide lower bunk vs. the couch with airbed. The sales manager gave us a cash credit and we were satisfied as we had wondered if the bunk would suit us better than the couch anyway. The towing experience has been better than expected. the coach certainly tracks better and is more stable when dealing with the trucks on the interstate and my fuel mileage ended up about the same. I have had a little "chucking" back and forth but nothing severe. In fact the ride is smoother at higher speeds. When I pulled off of the dealers lot it was dark, 19 degrees and snowing. A few miles down the road the DW and kids are ready to stop for dinner since our lunch had consisted of complimentary hot dogs from the dealership. So Cracker Barrel it is, but wait..how do I nav and park this beast?? The DW instructs me to bypass the service road to the CB and turn around in the adjacent neighborhood for a better approach...I make the smart comment.."hope it's not a dead end"..well..as luck has it..yes...a dead end...so in the freezing blowing snow the DW gets out and directs me to back into a residential driveway and turn around...after a few beads of sweat and anxious moments we nav the turn and make it back to the CB for dinner prior to the long trip back home...enough for now..I will post more later about my PDI and further inspection at home.
Congrats and looking forward to all you have to say!!!! Did you see our unit while you were up there We are picking up end of March so we are anxious to hear of your experience, and the quality of the hot dogs

Glad you made it home ok and all is well.
Nights Camped 2013 - Not enough!
mhuffs9017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:01 AM   #177

So we are ready to pull the trigger on one of these. Can anyone give some advice on purchase pricing?

2013 Sabre Palomino 36QBOK
2011 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie Dually
2010 Lincoln Navigator L
Scoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:01 AM   #178

Scoffman;

We purchased our 2012 QBOK last October and paid a tic over 38k before tax. Can't really speak to a 2013 model though. Hope that helps. I basically brought it home and winterized it, so I really can't give any pro's or con's yet, however, most everyone who has one speaks highly of the QBOK. Good luck, and I'm sure you won't disappointed.
2006 HarleyDavidson RoadKing Classic
5verdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:07 PM   #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoffman View Post
So we are ready to pull the trigger on one of these. Can anyone give some advice on purchase pricing?
Go to a local dealer, pick out options you want and have them quote you with their build sheet, or pick one off the lot and get the quote. Submit that to several online wholesale dealers including RV Wholesalers. This will give you leverage to buy local first and if that doesn't work out you can buy from the Wholesale dealers and have your unit delivered to you.
Nights Camped 2013 - Not enough!
mhuffs9017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:02 PM   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuffs9017 View Post
Congrats and looking forward to all you have to say!!!! Did you see our unit while you were up there We are picking up end of March so we are anxious to hear of your experience, and the quality of the hot dogs

Glad you made it home ok and all is well.
Thanks....My PDI left something to be desired. The tech said he usually did part of the PDI and another tech did the rest but he was not there that day and the guy we had could not answer some questions They did tape the process and gave us a flashdrive for reference. It was very cold and they did bring the unit inside for the PDI. We inspected thoroughly after we got the unit home and did find a few small items, as expected, and a couple we considered significant. There were two screws in the table leg receptical that were driven in crooked and the angle of the screw was grooving the underbelly of the living slide enough to expose the wood. I removed the screws to elimnate the friction. There also was a dime size hole in the roof fabric near the corner of the door side and front cap. Looks like a puncture of some kind and was not sealed with the roofing goo.(Duct tape doing the job for now) I sent the pics to Sabre Sam, who responded immediately, and I soon received a call from the factory. They have asked me to return the unit to the dealer and they will transport it back to the factory to replace the slide floor and seal the roof. Sabre Sam was very apologetic and my hat is off to him for his attention to customer service and a quality product. We LOVE the unit and have confidence in the product mainly due to Sam's dedication. In my opinion this should have been caught at the factory and at the dealer prior to my PDI. All it took was a walk/crawl on the roof (there were footprints already up there so someone took a look) and a crawl under the unit with the slide extended.
I did look to see if your unit was there and did see another QBOK on the service lot where they sit prior to delivery. Since it was sooo cold and snowy I did not "snoop" as I was ready to begin our PDI. I will look when I'm there again on Sat.

I know you said you are taking delivery 3/22 and leaving for a long trip to Destin on 3/23. I reccomend you look it over prior to 3/22 in case you need any attention before getting too far from home.

Oh yeah... as far as the hot dogs go.....roller food...get there early. They do keep the buns in a warmer and the soda dispenser is good