Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2013, 08:01 AM   #241

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post
I might be able to help, same phone. But I need to understand the rest of your setup? Operating system on computer, etc. I will say there is a much easier way though that I have found. Rather than send you a PM I thought I would post this as others may find it useful. If you install the DropBox app and then sign up for a free account, you can set your pictures to automatically upload to dropbox once you have connected to a wifi. You then install Dropbox on your computer (lightweight app) and you will have access to all of those images. Now depending on how many photos you have on your phone now the initial upload might take a while, but it works slick. You can also access the same pics from another device like a tablet, etc. They will also download to a directory on your PC. PM me if you want more info.
Thanks. I got your PM. I guess I'll get acquainted with DropBox and try it again this evening. There's always something!!!

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:51 AM   #242

Got DropBox installed and don't think I'll be looking back for now. It's currently uploading over 1000 pics from my phone, so tomorrow ought to be the day I get to post some pics.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #243

Dropped off "Diego" back at the dealer today for a trip back to the factory for "fixin". The living room slide will be pulled and the floor replaced. If the dime size hole in the roof fabric is considered to be compromised they will replace the whole roof. When looking over it with the dealer today we also notice the OK door is slightly bowed and the frame may have been bent. Sounds like they will consider replacing that also. I know that is a lot of fixes but the way FR and my dealer has resonded has given me great confidence in the product.
Airlift system/on board compressor

speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #244

Bunk house tv

Mount my rear tv to the wall tonight, the mount is 1 wide top to bottom alum channel that is 1/16 the at best so I took a piece of 1/4 thick t6 6051 & drill & tapped it 5/16-18 for the mount bolts then I riveted it to the backer to spread the load.Will post some pics later when I get in to the computer.
bcurvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:14 PM   #245

pics of tv backer

pics of bunkhouse tv
Old 03-10-2013, 10:16 PM   #246

pics of tv backer

tv pics
Attached Images

Old 03-10-2013, 11:37 PM   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcurvey View Post
tv pics
Nice work. I've been so busy working, I haven't had much time to post pics or get much done on the camper. I too realized there was no backer in the bunkhouse, but after realizing how having the TV at the back of that opening killed the view of the closer seats, wifey and I decided mounting it wouldn't be best for us. We just put the stand on it so it can sit forward for viewing and get slid to the back for travel. We're gonna use a couple of curtain rods/cupboard rods to secure it in travel, plus it can't fall out when the slides are in anyway. Hopefully this week I can get some free time.

I'm also trying to get familiar with DropBox, so I'm testing it here to see if I can post a couple of pics of the 1/2 bath door lock.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rzmv4u2fny...2020.08.22.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3pvlym2gyr...2020.08.01.jpg

Old 03-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #248

Exclamation

Hello all fellow 36QBOK Owners... I just found what could be a major problem... but I'm hoping it was just an error when our 5th wheel was built. Under the far outside corner of the outside kitchen slide there are two groups of wires which run up into the outside kitchen. I noticed the wires were frayed and discovered when the unit was built the installer drilled a hole for the wires that was not close enough to the edge of the slide. The wires were actually being pulled back into the slide frame itself.

After determining the wires were 120 AC I disconnected from shore power and took apart the far left cover next to the three drawers and discovered there were quick disconnects for the power there. I disconnected the wires... borrowed a drill and bit from another camper and drilled a new hole much closer to the edge. Cut wires back to undamaged sections and reconnected. It all looks good now but super dangerous if the circuit breakers had not tripped. Please check your trailers ASAP... it was pure luck that we discovered this problem.

I already closed the slide but if anyone wants pictures let me know as we are lucky enough to keep our trailer at our home.
Jdulworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #249
Always Learning

Pictures are definitely requested. I'm pulling my 36qbok out soon and will look for what you describe.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #250
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Pictures are definitely requested. I'm pulling my 36qbok out soon and will look for what you describe.
x2
altho I have a 32bhok id like to see pics as well
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #251

Picture of Old Hole Vs. Re-routed Wiring

Here is a picture of where the original hole was and you can see where I re-routed them.

Try this link:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=83bd7...lBGDuwJ8-qKneA
Jdulworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #252

rear tv mount

laydback take a close look at the tv, its out even with the cabinets & u can turn to either side for one side viewing, turned out nice & with it up off the counter u can still put bluray & xbox under it & not have to drill hole in top for cables, that was my other goal, how thick was that backer in the bedroom? haven't been there yet.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:37 AM   #253

Quote:
laydback take a close look at the tv, its out even with the cabinets & u can turn to either side for one side viewing, turned out nice & with it up off the counter u can still put bluray & xbox under it & not have to drill hole in top for cables, that was my other goal, how thick was that backer in the bedroom? haven't been there yet.
I'm told the backer is a 2x6. I do see the TV is flush, now that you mentioned it. What mount did you use. My bedroom TV is a 26" Insignia from Bestbuy. I used a little mount they sell there and then snugged some thick foam behid the TV to take any wiggle out. I just need to double check that I didn't cover the vents on the TV.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:24 AM   #254
Always Learning

For what it's worth, this is the mount that I plan on getting for our bunkhouse TV:
Locking Cantilever Mount from Camping World

That or just get the same mount as what's in the living room for the back bunkhouse. The Camping World one is a little cheaper.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #255

Quote:
tv pics
Bcurvey,

Forgive me if you've already detailed this, but what size TV is that in your rear bunkhouse?
bjlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #256

tv

its a 32 inch vizio led that came from walmart, best buy has them also, but they were out by my so I had to go to china mart, lol! they offer 2 models in the same size, with or with out wireless movie stuff built in, it is the super slim frame model. we got a mods thread going in the mod section.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:22 PM   #257

Well it is now official. On Wednesday I will actually be able to update my signature and can start contributing to the 36QBOK mods thread! I will be sure and take some pictures to share.......now to start ordering my mods!
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:03 AM   #258

Congrats!!
bluflame11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:14 AM   #259

Sweet..

Now, if 'ol man winter ever decides to take-a-hike, we'll be able to get excited about the whole camping/traveling thing again. We had a couple weeks of pre-spring weather, and decided to start loading (non-liquid) stuff into the camper. Gotta say, it felt pretty good...until we got more snow, bummer.
2006 HarleyDavidson RoadKing Classic
5verdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #260
36QBOK-7 Club

Send a message via AIM to bigblue08 Send a message via MSN to bigblue08 Send a message via Skype™ to bigblue08
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5verdriver View Post
Sweet..

Now, if 'ol man winter ever decides to take-a-hike, we'll be able to get excited about the whole camping/traveling thing again. We had a couple weeks of pre-spring weather, and decided to start loading (non-liquid) stuff into the camper. Gotta say, it felt pretty good...until we got more snow, bummer.
I actually had de-winterized mine already. It's sitting at the dealer and I had to go re-winterize it this morning. If I find old man winter were gonna have words.
B&W Turn over ball and companion
Days Camped 2012 - 76
Days Camped 2013 - 7
bigblue08 is offline   Reply With Quote