Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #261

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5verdriver View Post
Sweet..

Now, if 'ol man winter ever decides to take-a-hike, we'll be able to get excited about the whole camping/traveling thing again. We had a couple weeks of pre-spring weather, and decided to start loading (non-liquid) stuff into the camper. Gotta say, it felt pretty good...until we got more snow, bummer.
I know what you mean. We have the potential to get another 2" of snow tomorrow (better than some of the original thoughts), but at least we will start seeing some 50 degree weather by the end of the week. I'm just anxious to get everything from our current camper out of the house and into the new one. I was amazed at just how much we had packed in there.

Got my first round of new camper purchases ordered and hopefully should be here by Wednesday of next week. Looks like next weekend is going to be pretty busy for me
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #262

Yeah I know what you mean, my wife and I just did two different shopping trips to local dealers and dropped about $800 on 'stuff' and now about another $500 online from CW, for more 'stuff'. Definitely adds up.

It's all good
2006 HarleyDavidson RoadKing Classic
5verdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:35 AM   #263

Check out what I got today!

Well, the wait is finally over with. Took a trip out to Cheyenne Camping Center and they have done it again, great customer service and all around great experience.....and best of all, look at what is now sitting in my driveway!

Old 03-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #264
Always Learning

Looks mighty fine with your truck! Congrats!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:50 AM   #265

Looks great! Congrats!
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:09 PM   #266

Congrats QCCowboy!! She's a beaut! Thanks for sharing the pics.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:32 PM   #267

Thanks all! Spent the remainder of the morning and afternoon moving everything from our old camper to the new one (DW got to help and put things where she wanted them.). All I can say is wow is this a big fifth wheel next up, time to start a couple mods..hopefully this weekend.

Good news is that I ordered a PI hard wired surge protector with remote display as part of my purchase. When I did my walk through they already had it installed...that is one mod I am glad I don't have to do myself!
Old 03-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #268

Congrats Cowboy. We actually still have not moved anything into ours yet. Maybe I can get some mods or moving done this weekend if the St. Louis weather cooperates.

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:54 PM   #269

Sweet Cowboy, nice setup . We are running the same thing 'cept the truck is SRW and short bed. I'll post pics as soon as the weather breaks ( for good ).
2006 HarleyDavidson RoadKing Classic
5verdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:58 PM   #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post
Thanks all! Spent the remainder of the morning and afternoon moving everything from our old camper to the new one (DW got to help and put things where she wanted them.). All I can say is wow is this a big fifth wheel next up, time to start a couple mods..hopefully this weekend.

Good news is that I ordered a PI hard wired surge protector with remote display as part of my purchase. When I did my walk through they already had it installed...that is one mod I am glad I don't have to do myself!

Wow!! Very nice fiver/TV combo. Congrats!!! I had mine partially loaded when I found some flaws. Unloaded and back to the factory for repairs. Ive been in touch with the factory rep and hope to get it back within the week...itchin to go RVing!! BTW...where is the surge protector installed.
Airlift system/on board compressor

speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:07 PM   #271

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcat View Post

Wow!! Very nice fiver/TV combo. Congrats!!! I had mine partially loaded when I found some flaws. Unloaded and back to the factory for repairs. Ive been in touch with the factory rep and hope to get it back within the week...itchin to go RVing!! BTW...where is the surge protector installed.
Thanks! Hope you get yours back and all is well. They mounted the EMS unit in the same space in the basement as the central vac (can't even see it.) The remote display is mounted on the side of the entertainment center about 8" above the CO detector. I wil take some pictures of the interior tomorrow to show the remote display and will see if I get a chance to pull the panel for the vac to show where the unit is mounted.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #272

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post
Thanks! Hope you get yours back and all is well. They mounted the EMS unit in the same space in the basement as the central vac (can't even see it.) The remote display is mounted on the side of the entertainment center about 8" above the CO detector. I wil take some pictures of the interior tomorrow to show the remote display and will see if I get a chance to pull the panel for the vac to show where the unit is mounted.
Pics would be awesome...is your central vac cannister behind the basement wall? Mine is and most I had seen in other quality fivers was flush with the basement wall.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:31 PM   #273

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcat View Post

Pics would be awesome...is your central vac cannister behind the basement wall? Mine is and most I had seen in other quality fivers was flush with the basement wall.
It is flush with the wall. Will make sure and put that in my list of pics to take tomorrow.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:06 PM   #274

Had a few other things to get done tonight but I did get a few quick shots of where the remote display is mounted and the inside of the garage to show the central vac being flush with the wall (sorry I didn't get a chance to pull the items out that were blocking my view so the picture isn't that great but you can at least see it.) Supposed to be in the 50's tomorrow so I am going to spend some time tomorrow working on it. Will get in and take some pics of where the EMS is mounted and the rest of the inside.

Here is the remote display:

It is actually at eye level when standing outside of the camper so I can check readings right after I plug in without entering the camper.

Here is somewhat of a shot of the central vac in the basement (will get a better shot tomorrow.)

Old 03-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #275

Thanks for the pics.Did the dealer install the surge protector and remote? The access to my central vac is behind the basement wall accessed by a plastic cover plate. Looks like it was done as an afterthought. Guess I may have to live with it. Yours looks like a quality job! Looking forward to my first trip and am anxious to get my unit back.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:31 PM   #276

The dealer did install it. I had them order it and planned on installing it myself, but when I showed up for the walkthrough it was already installed. I was thrilled because it was one less thing that I have to do. I also really like where he mounted it and the remote display.

I think you had posted on your vac. Was it something the dealer added after the fact or part of the build?
Old 03-28-2013, 08:52 PM   #277
Always Learning

If I recall correctly, he and a couple of others had them factory installed. Pretty embarrassingly bad installs, if you ask me.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:10 PM   #278

Yes, factory installed, and poorly at that. I posted a pic of it somewhere back in this thread. I am asking FR if they can make it "right" while its there at the factory but I'm not getting an answer. I aso remember another new owner says his was installed the same as mine. Think I'll pm Sam since he arranged to have it brought back to the factory in the first place. I appreciate the input!

Old 03-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #279

Tomorrow we ink the deal! PDI tomorrow! Pickup later in April b/c campground isn't open till then.
Nights Camped 2013 - Not enough!
mhuffs9017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:32 PM   #280

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuffs9017 View Post
Tomorrow we ink the deal! PDI tomorrow! Pickup later in April b/c campground isn't open till then.
Congrats! You are going to love it. Get pics tomorrow during your PDI.