Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2013, 08:20 PM   #281

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuffs9017 View Post
Tomorrow we ink the deal! PDI tomorrow! Pickup later in April b/c campground isn't open till then.
Congrats! And we all know you won't be driving past the dealer everyday just to glance at it until you pick it up and haul it to the CG.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #282

Got into the basement today and was able to get some better pics of the Central Vac as well as the location of the EMS unit.

Here is a front view of the Central Vac

Rather than the cover and having the vac behind the wall, they moved the vac forward a little, cut a circular hole through the single ply, and added a black ring around the edge. The ring around the outside does not look like something that came with the vac, but something that was added to help address thoughts on ways to improve appearance. If you look close, you can see the scoring here that shows the inner hole was cut out (not molded).

Here is where the EMS unit is mounted. It sits between the central vac and the water pump. The remote display is connected using a cord similar to phone line, but I believe the pairs are twisted/crimped differently.

QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #283

4 weeks into the wait for our new Sabre 36QBOK. Kids are excited for their own room!!! We are too. :-). This is our first 5th wheel, nervous about the size but with a family of 5 we needed it.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:54 PM   #284
Phat Phrog

What a beautiful rig!!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #285

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-litePartyof5 View Post
4 weeks into the wait for our new Sabre 36QBOK. Kids are excited for their own room!!! We are too. :-). This is our first 5th wheel, nervous about the size but with a family of 5 we needed it.
I know everyday seems like 'forever', when you have something like this on order. We have the same coach and just made our first reservation for April vacation for our maiden trip. The size IS somewhat overwhelming at first. I know for me, once I got it home and stepped backed a bit, I thought to myself, What did I just get myself into? They don't look all that big when there in a lot all parked next to each other, but get it home by itself and WOW, it's huge. You'll be fine, just be mindful of the rearward swing.
2006 HarleyDavidson RoadKing Classic
5verdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #286

Agree with what 5verdriver just said. It does seem like everyday is forever, but than one day you will get that call and it becomes yours. Well worth the wait. It will be a big change for you given that this is your first fifth wheel, but when you are camping with a family of 5 you will really enjoy all of that space.

On another note, I finally got around this afternoon to put my wide angle lens on my camera and take a few shots of mine that weren't taken from a phone. Rather than post up individual photos, here is a link to my gallery on Photobucket.

General Pictures Photos by qccowboy | Photobucket
Old 04-02-2013, 05:17 AM   #287

Now I'm really excited!! Thanks for sharing the pictures. Kind of scary that you needed a wide angle lens :-0. My husband has been researching the hitches. We have a Ford F350 crew cab with 6ft bed. He is looking at the hitches that glide. Any suggestions??
Old 04-02-2013, 05:58 AM   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctyankee View Post
Now I'm really excited!! Thanks for sharing the pictures. Kind of scary that you needed a wide angle lens :-0. My husband has been researching the hitches. We have a Ford F350 crew cab with 6ft bed. He is looking at the hitches that glide. Any suggestions??
Given your bed length you'll need a slider hitch. I strongly recommend something like the Pullrite Superglide 16k or 18k that'll provide another 14" of clearance automatically as you navigate turns. It's worth the extra money in my opinion.
bjlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:34 AM   #289

Thanks for the link to your pics QC, great looking camper !
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #290

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjlowe View Post
Given your bed length you'll need a slider hitch. I strongly recommend something like the Pullrite Superglide 16k or 18k that'll provide another 14" of clearance automatically as you navigate turns. It's worth the extra money in my opinion.
The 18k is the hitch that my husband has been looking at. Thanks for the advice.

Any suggestion on rail type? DH is trying to decide whether to buy the type that the rails are either fully removable or industry standard rails which means the bed will always have 2 bumps on floor. He is concerned about how difficult is it to remove rails.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #291

If you ever use your truck to haul stuff in the bed get the removable rails....
Jdulworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #292
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctyankee View Post
The 18k is the hitch that my husband has been looking at. Thanks for the advice.

Any suggestion on rail type? DH is trying to decide whether to buy the type that the rails are either fully removable or industry standard rails which means the bed will always have 2 bumps on floor. He is concerned about how difficult is it to remove rails.
My personal opinion is that a clear bed is best when the hitch isn't in place. BUT- I don't know what that entails for your particular hitch.

I can also tell you that my wife's uncle thinks nothing of his rails being in place. He said he'll just throw down a couple of 1x4s (I think that's the dimension) on either side of the hitch when he needs to load something big.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #293
Always Learning

Shameless self-promotion. For those of you looking at the 36QBOKs or have bought, I went to a CAT Scale at a truck stop this weekend and got weighed. I did it 3-ways:
1) truck and camper
2) truck only
3) camper axles split across 2 platforms (to see how evenly loaded my axles are)

I'm generally of the safety-paranoid side of things and strongly urge you to read the thread and compare it against numbers for your truck. I fully believe in staying within ALL ratings of your truck.

Hit the Scales - Ram 3500 DRW & 36QBOK
Old 04-03-2013, 05:44 AM   #294

CtYankee- we have a Ford SD 6.5 bed also, and I too run with the PullRite 18k slider, and I went with the ISR system, (industry standard rails). A little more money, but worth the piece of mind over a non-slider. BTW, where in CT are you guys??
2006 HarleyDavidson RoadKing Classic
5verdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:09 AM   #295

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5verdriver View Post
CtYankee- we have a Ford SD 6.5 bed also, and I too run with the PullRite 18k slider, and I went with the ISR system, (industry standard rails). A little more money, but worth the piece of mind over a non-slider. BTW, where in CT are you guys??
Sent a PM with location
Old 04-03-2013, 07:19 AM   #296

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5verdriver View Post
Sent a private message to you.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:57 PM   #297

I have been reading this entire thread and there is a lot of great info. We ordered our unit today. We have never seen one in person so we are going by pictures and videos. This will be our third 5th wheel and our 3rd Forest River. It is very nice to hear that everyone is pleased with their new 36 QBOK's. We will hopefully be getting ours in about 6 to 8 weeks. Just in time for Memorial Day. We live in Nevada so we don't have any Sabre's close by to look at.
Nevada5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:00 AM   #298

Welcome to the 36QBOK club Nevada5er. You'll be interested to hear that there are a couple of us that also ordered ours site unseen. Actually ordered my last Sabre that way and was extremely happy with it as well.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:09 AM   #299

We were looking at the Silverback, but when we went and saw it at the Pomona RV show last fall we were really dissapointed. One question I have - are the drawers in the bunkhouse big? They look like they may only be about 6 inches deep. That's the thing about pictures, they make everything look really great. Also, I noticed a lot of talk about surge protectors. Do you use them to protect all the tv's or what? We have never had one, and didn't know exactly what you were protecting.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:11 AM   #300

Sorry, another question. What is included on the Platinum package? Living out here the sun bakes anything outside. We wondered if the designs were painted or decals??