Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2013, 08:00 PM   #321

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcat View Post

Measured ours from road the roof line at the 2nd AC in front and then from the roof to top of the AC unit...came up with 13'3" and figured you could add at least another 2" to 3" for the "bow" in the roof. We came up with a max est. 13'6"...which someone told me is the max "legal" height. Not sure where that came from but I am nervous when going under bridges/overpasses and overhead electric lines. A couple of bridges I passed under on I75 had heights of 14"1" and the semis in front of me had very little clearance. Either way it's very tall and I make sure to stay on federal and state highways where I figure most clearances are designed for tractor trailor heights..
Thanks. That was about what I came up with. Just had to pass under a 14'2" bridge on my way to drop off the camper.....got a little nervous and wanted to make sure I didnt rip the a/c off.....it is still there
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:13 PM   #322

[QUOTE=QCCowboy;342820]I'm not sure where the difference comes from, but we could compare measurements if you want and determine the difference. I'll will get them sometime this afternoon or evening.

We were also a bit surprised by the changes as we were not expecting them, but really love the changes. I don't have the dimensions (will get them this evening as well) but they are deep enough to hold a little hidden surprise for us (see below):

We also were extremely glad about the storage under the fridge to put all of our pots and pans in (we used to have to store them up high).

And here is a look into the pantry (yep we weren't expecting it at this angle either, but we really like it because you don't have to walk around a wall to get into anything. (sorry this one is a little blurry).

/QUOTE]

Our's is a 2103 model. We ordered it late December and it came off line in February. Our pantry faces our super lounge and is not as deep as yours.
We do not have the "pull out" pantry next to the fridge. We do have a little extra counter space between the stove/oven and fridge. We do have the pot/pan drawer. Interesting the changes made from year to year model...and oh yeah..we also have the platinum package. Got our unit back from the factory repair trip on Friday and took it out for it's maiden voyage this weekend. Gave it a good bath when we got back home today and it does look good all shined up
Airlift system/on board compressor

speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:44 PM   #323

Sounds like it must be a 2014 change. So now let me ask this, do those of you that have 2013 models have different keys for the bathroom vs. the main entry door? I ask because I ran into a little problem today while running the trailer out to storage. Accidentally stuck the wrong key in the main door deadbolt to lock it. Shouldn't have done this, but it turned the tumbler. Bad part is that the tumbler wouldn't turn back Other bad thing was that the bathroom door was unlocked and the key to lock it was stuck in the other door.....I don't carry two sets of keys with me when running the camper to storage.

Tried everything I could think of to try and get this out, but ultimately think I am going to have to remove the lock from the inside. So now for the question, how to get inside. Well I would highly recommend that everyone become familiar with manually opening the slides. Passenger side bunkhouse and main slide, pretty easy, but to get the driver's side bunkhouse you have to get under the camper once the other slide is out (after a few deep breaths and some strategically picked 4 letter words, I was fine.) Oh, yeah make sure that if this happens to you that you remember whether or not you turned the battery, disconnect switch off before you try to use the switches once you have them opened enough........

Anyway, camper is now home again and key is stuck in the lock. Hoping some extremely nice factory rep might be able to get me a couple that are keyed the same or at least a replacement as I think the tumbler might be FUBAR'd so that I don't have to do this again.......Oh yeah, as my DW asks where I am and I tell her what do you think the first words out of her mouth were...."I thought you were going to mark those keys...." Lesson learned.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #324
Always Learning

Yes, separate lock and keys for each door.

I was given 2 sets of keys. 1 set of keys lives in the truck. 1 set of keys lives in the camper. I made extra copies of the main door keys and keep one on every key chain for each vehicle as I've gotten to the storage lot in my car only to realize I couldn't get in.

Thanks for the info on the manual slide operation - my dealer's tech just shrugged his shoulders.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #325

Yes, ours is keyed seperate also...it hate it when things like that happen..have you tried WD40 or liquid wrench and "gentley" giggleing the key..is it the deadbolt lock or door lock?

Old 04-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #326

Where did your manual crank reside? My tech said the bunkhouse slides cannot move manually?? I was hoping they would, can you explain how and if they move?
bluflame11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #327

Quote:
Yes, ours is keyed seperate also...it hate it when things like that happen..have you tried WD40 or liquid wrench and "gentley" giggleing the key..is it the deadbolt lock or door lock?
Came home and grabbed a beer. Haven't tried that yet, but it was on my list. Going to give it a shot, after this next drink or tomorrow..... It is the deadbolt. I couldn't even unlock it from the inside (after my manual slide operation).
Old 04-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #328

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluflame11 View Post
Where did your manual crank reside? My tech said the bunkhouse slides cannot move manually?? I was hoping they would, can you explain how and if they move?
To operate the passenger side bunkhouse slide there there is a hole on the driver's side bunkhouse on the lower half of the slide. You should have been given a long bar with a slide "wrench" fitting on it (looks like my old crank for stabilizers). For the master slide, it is just to the left of the main entry door (again a little hole that the wrench will fit in.) For drivers bunkhouse slide, you need to open the passenger (kitchen) slide first, then get under the slide to open. To open, insert slide wrench into the hole, make sure it grips on to the slide crank (you might have to look under the unit to see this) and turn counter clockwise. To close, do the opposite.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #329

Maiden voyage at Ky. Horse Park...a whopping five miles from home!!
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130406_144617 (3).jpg
Views:	103
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	27369

Old 04-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #330

Quote:
No luck, going to have to pull the lock from the inside and see what I can come up with.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #331

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post
Came home and grabbed a beer. Haven't tried that yet, but it was on my list. Going to give it a shot, after this next drink or tomorrow..... It is the deadbolt. I couldn't even unlock it from the inside (after my manual slide operation).
The deadbolt may be more challenging. If it happens to break off in the lock here are some suggestions..

I even ran accross someone who straightened our a small fishing hook and got the same results

Old 04-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #332
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Maiden voyage at Ky. Horse Park...a whopping five miles from home!!
Beautiful!!!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:26 PM   #333

Thanks, I'm going to snap the end off a jigsaw blade and put it in my tool box tonight.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:37 PM   #334
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:

The deadbolt may be more challenging. If it happens to break off in the lock here are some suggestions..

I even ran accross someone who straightened our a small fishing hook and got the same results
He had me at liqueur cabinet. ......
Then again at helicopter.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #335

A great big thanks to crunchman12001.....came across something on another forum and found out he was the poster.... he sent me detailed pics and I am now in. Now to get the key out of the lock
Old 04-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #336

And with a little bit of wd40 and a pick from the inside the key is now out as well.....what a relief
Old 04-08-2013, 10:47 PM   #337

Quote:
To operate the passenger side bunkhouse slide there there is a hole on the driver's side bunkhouse on the lower half of the slide. You should have been given a long bar with a slide "wrench" fitting on it (looks like my old crank for stabilizers). For the master slide, it is just to the left of the main entry door (again a little hole that the wrench will fit in.) For drivers bunkhouse slide, you need to open the passenger (kitchen) slide first, then get under the slide to open. To open, insert slide wrench into the hole, make sure it grips on to the slide crank (you might have to look under the unit to see this) and turn counter clockwise. To close, do the opposite.
Thought I would post a couple of pics here to help you all with where the manual slide cranks are located (sorry the pictures aren't that great): and remember manual cranks are on the opposite side of the slide you want to crank out or in.

Hole where crank is for master/kitchen slide:

Hole where the crank is for the bunkhouse with outside kitchen:

Once you get the outdoor kitchen slide out, you will be able to see the crank for the opposite bunkhouse slide underneath the slide:

Hope this helps everyone!
Old 04-09-2013, 04:00 AM   #338

Quote:
A great big thanks to crunchman12001.....came across something on another forum and found out he was the poster.... he sent me detailed pics and I am now in. Now to get the key out of the lock
You are welcome QCCowboy, Glad my method worked for you!

My DW tried to put the wrong key in the lock and it damaged the cylinder.
Here is a link to my album. I posted the pictures in there for everyone to read.
crunchman
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #339

Just wondering if anyone looked at their 2013's to figure out where the extra room came from to put in this pull out pantry?? Any other new 2014's out there with any extra goodies they weren't expecting?
Nevada5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:12 PM   #340

[QUOTE=QCCowboy;344830]Thought I would post a couple of pics here to help you all with where the manual slide cranks are located (sorry the pictures aren't that great): and remember manual cranks are on the opposite side of the slide you want to crank out or in.

I don't have a hole in the drivers side to put the crank...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	no hole.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	27523  
bluflame11 is offline   Reply With Quote