Old 09-04-2010, 04:04 PM   #41
We have a Mega cab short bed. Not exactly sure on the travel and will have to check the specs. We have not had a need for quite 90 degree yet but have had 0 clearance issues.

Deleted Account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #42
I appreciate all your help. Any input you can offer will be helpful. Thank you.

Mr. Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:51 PM   #43
2011 sabre 31ckts

Picked up my new 5er on Tue. Heading out tomorrow afternoon from Mi to Louisiana for full time living while working. Searched the web and dealers for the last year, Came to the conclusion that Sabre gave you way more bang for your buck. I will soon find out if all the research paid off. Happy trails to all.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:17 PM   #44
We love our 2011 Sabre 32bhok!! It has a outside camp kitchen (microwave, camp stove, and fridge) lots of room. Bunkhouse in the back that comfortably sleeps 3 with a master bedroom in the front, and coming from a small travel trailer to a 35 foot fifth wheel was the best investment we ever made. So happy with our purchase. We bought our 5th wheel from RV Wholesalers in Lakeview Ohio and we decided to pick it up. If I had to do it all over again I would have had it delivered, but we did get to see some beautiful country along the way.
smcook716699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:25 AM   #45
Owner - RVtronics
Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
I saw the new products at the FR Dealer Show recently and boy are they beautiful RVs! Good luck!
Bob Fields
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:07 AM   #46
We are considering a Sabre 2011 likely the CKTS as love the island. NOW how are you liking your unit? Any problems. We are Forest river consumers now with a Rockwood SS ultra lite that gave us multiple problems, so we are a little worried that they are now the manufacturer of this unit. However, talking to lots of rvers and ALL makes seem to have some lemons.
I really liked the Sabre and we have been looking for over a year. We are hoping this time to get it right. We are just too much on the road to have an ultralite anymore. Not full time but at least 6-8 months of pretty constant use.
It is a lot different when you only use your rv a few weekends or a couple of weeks a year than using it long term even if not full time. Please share your thoughts.
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:16 PM   #47
I fully understand your dilema. We went through the same last year before we bought our Sabre 31RKDS from Cheyenne Camping Center. We love our unit and like anything major you purchase new there is always some hiccups. Ours were minor, the problem was getting the local FR dealer doing the warranty work our unit was not at the top of thier priorities since we did not buy from them. The dealer we purchased from is in Iowa and we are In New Mexico. We decided to go out of state because the price could not be beat locally. Saved lots of money. So it is worth the small headaches with the local dealer. Sabre offers alot for your money and also it is not really a FR product just owned by them Palomino still builds them. Would buy again if we had too. Check out the Cheyenne Camping website they have the best one in the industry and Kevin Frazier is one honest man. Good luck
riciren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:17 PM   #48
We have been fulltiming in our Sabre 31REDS since beginning of Sept.
Right now we're in Osoyoos BC. This unit is GREAT! Has been very comfortable all winter. Husband did put skirting around it to keep it a bit warmer, and we have not had any problems with anything freezing. Temp has gone down to - 13 C with wind chill down to -24C. No problems . We would definately buy another Sabre. Great value for the price.
D&GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:30 PM   #49
I am the original poster here, posted back in 2007.
We still have our Sabre 31RKTS. It's over 3 years old. Had a few issues but took it to the Sabre factory and they took care of it. It now looks like a new uint! We still love it. The only thing I wish it had was a King size bed, which I have mentioned to Sabre a few times.
I toured the Sabre factory and was very impressed with the people working there. I spoke with a number of them.
They have made a number of improvements since mine was built. Stronger frame & axles, better sealing around the windows, etc.
Bottom line, we made a wise decision when we bought our Sabre back in 2007.
2013 Palomino Columbus 320RS
2007 Dodge RAM 2500 6.7 Cummins
Reese 15K manual slider
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:55 AM   #50
Thumbs up newbie

Hi all
We purchased our 5'er used last spring & love it! Previous owner bought it, towed it home, slept in it for 2 nites then traded it in on another smaller Sabre. (His loss our gain!) Just found this site this morning & enjoying it! Looking forward to another funfilled summer of camping!

Ken & Janet
'07.5 GMC 2500 D/A CC/SB
'09 SABRE 31RETS-6
wingriders is offline   Reply With Quote