Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2007, 05:31 AM   #1

Any Sabre owners out here??

New to the forum so I was curious if there were any other Sabre owners in the bunch. Being a fairly new line, I haven't seen many on the road or CG.
We've had our 31RKTS for a few months and love it.
Wanted to compare notes and swap stories.
Just curious.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:09 PM   #2
Cyber Phrenologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by amxpress View Post
New to the forum so I was curious if there were any other Sabre owners in the bunch.
No, but I have a Swiss Army Knife that's pretty cool.

Welcome to the forum! Friendly bunch here, I'm sure some other Sabre owners will show up sooner or later. Until then, enjoy the forum!

Radio
Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:50 PM   #3

Hey,
I lost my Swiss Army Knife while camping. It's not red, is it?
Prodigy
Old 11-15-2007, 08:05 PM   #4
Cyber Phrenologist

Give it time. Sometimes they come home. Most of my Swiss Army Knives I have lost managed to find me again.

Radio
Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:26 PM   #5

Question Sabre

We are going to look at a 31reds this weekend. I have never had a fifth wheel and wonder if this is one for us...
Bob Vaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:01 PM   #6
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
No, but I want to welcome you to FRF!

PS...whatcha got against your mother in law? (heheheh)

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:29 PM   #7

Unhappy Disappointmen at Sabre Dealer

I went to my local Sabre dealer and all he talked about was what a good deal he was going to make me......Well he must have thought I just fell off the last cabbage truck to come thru town....He did not come one dollar off the MSRP of $40.000.00......There were some things that were different from the brochure and he just blew it off. All in all I liked the unit except for a few things like the mission brand tires.....and the small TV in the living room and the concertone entertainment center. I would have probably given him a down payment if he wasn't pounding on his chest so much
Old 11-30-2007, 08:27 PM   #8

I also have Mission tires on my Sabre. I'm replacing them with Maxxis "E" load range tires in the Spring. As for the Concertone, yea, it's crap. I'm getting a replacement from my dealer. If it fails again, I'm installing a conventional DVD player.
You have plenty of room to negotiate price. If you can get it for $30K, you'd be doing OK.
Good Luck
Prodigy
Old 12-01-2007, 08:03 AM   #9

Talking 28rets

We are going back today to look at the 28 RETS...I was looking at an old brouchure and when I got home the mail main left me a new brouchure that shows this unit with the 3 slides....The Super show is in Tampa next month and I will be there again. If this guy won't come off the price then we will see what the show has to offer....The show is great you just have to have a game plan .....decide what you want to look at before you get there....with over 1200 rv's to look at you can get burned out real quick
Old 12-17-2007, 12:23 PM   #10

Send a message via Yahoo to Sabre Tooth
Smile

We have purchased a 31RKTS 2008 this year. My wife and I really like it. We bought ours from Tom Raper in Richmond Indiana. We camp for a week then old man winter made us put the camper up. We found some problems with our camper as most people do. The DVD was not working right, the coverter box went bad, the microwave door would not open. Bathroom door would stick, the lamination was bubbling. Tom Raper has our 5th wheel right now and will have it all Winter it looks like. They are the ones that found the lamination bubbling and called to tell us they were going to fix this problem. Tom Raper has done a very good job for us so far.
Sabre Tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:22 AM   #11

That is where we purchased our TT also
Old 03-10-2008, 08:36 PM   #12

How do you like the 31RKTS? We are looking at trading in our Open Road TT for a 5th wheel and really like this layout. How's the Dodge do pulling it? We have a 04.5 Ram 2500 CTD and think it should pull it fine but never know until you do it. It pulled the TT good but now we have an ATV trailer we want to pull and don't think it is a good idea behind a TT. Would rather pull it behind a 5th wheel.
jferm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 07:46 PM   #13

Jferm,
We love our 31RKTS.
We went out last weekend, and we're heading out in the morning for Charleston for a week.
The Sabre is great. Plenty of room, lotsa counter space in the kitchen, along with cabinet storage.
It pulls great behind my 6.7 CTD. I installed some Firestone airbags and run them at 20 psi, it helps the ride when towing. I can cruise comfortably at 65.
Where are you looking at Sabres?
Prodigy
Old 03-26-2008, 08:05 PM   #14

we just took delivery of our 30bhds and its great for driveway camping. we live in ohio and cant wait for spring. we have only found a few things wrong. one be the bathroom door misaligned. and the major problem with the 15inch bdrm. tv that is useless because it doesnt have digital tuner and cant see what antenna pulls in due to poor placement which isnt adjustable. sam lambrich at forest river doesnt want to help with tv which is pissing us off. guess ofter the sale customer service doesnt matter. happy camping summers coming
cycletuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:18 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by amxpress View Post
Jferm,
We love our 31RKTS.
We went out last weekend, and we're heading out in the morning for Charleston for a week.
The Sabre is great. Plenty of room, lotsa counter space in the kitchen, along with cabinet storage.
It pulls great behind my 6.7 CTD. I installed some Firestone airbags and run them at 20 psi, it helps the ride when towing. I can cruise comfortably at 65.
Where are you looking at Sabres?
We are looking out in the Denver area. Have been talking with a local dealer here and may pull the trigger here really soon. We have a big TT now and want to tow some toys behind. We were going to try the TT + 10' ATV trailer but have decided against that. Besides we have a 70' limit here in Co and we are at 71'. That would be a monster to pull up and more important down some of these hills we have here. With this unit I think we will be just under 65' which is where I would rather be.

So is the Sabre wearing well? We have been looking for a while and the floor plan of this unit keeps pulling us back. Just love the lay out. Plenty of room to chill without getting in the way of the kitchen.

Jim
Old 05-21-2008, 11:03 AM   #16

keep us posted on your progress. I am looking at a Sabre 31reds. Just have to sell old faithful first.
fourwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:46 PM   #17

We ended up trading in our TT for the 31RKTS. And we love the room and layout of the trailer. We pulled our ATV's behind it through the mountains. All worked great. Truck only struggled a little bit in one spot but that was around a 7% grade up a mountain here in Colorado.

Only thing I didn't like was the outside show is right above the power connector. Other than that, we have had a few small issues that the dealer quickly fixed. All-in-all, really glad we went with the Sabre.

Jim
Old 06-18-2008, 02:57 PM   #18

Smile Comments on Sabre 32FBDS

Hubby and I are looking at a 2008 Sabre 32FBDS. Love the front bunks and totally enclosed bathroom. Anyone out there want to comment before we purchase? Owned a Flagstaff 827BH TT before...now want to try 5th wheel.
Thanks...
mawmoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:46 PM   #19

sabre owner

yes

I have a new 2008 34 foot . Wonderful
paramedic 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:50 PM   #20

Great for two grand children, two dogs . No stres to hookup which is important after open heart surgery no problem to pull with a 2500 HD chevy and looks greats on the road. Traded our Cardnial for this have NO regrets a better made unit inside and out .
paramedic 16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
palomino