Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2017, 08:26 PM   #1

Any Solaire 292QBSK Owners?

Hey all. Been watching the forum for a few weeks in anticipation of the arrival of our new 292QBSK. Haven't been able to find hardly anything about this model and posts about the Solaire TT's are few and far between. Is this because they are somewhat more "rare?" Just curious where all of the Solaire TT owners are!
ahoshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 09:55 AM   #2

Hi
Looking forward to taking delivery of our new Solare 251RBSS GT3
I have also noticed that there is not much talk of the Palomino TT s
Maybe they are so well built ,there are no issues
Shawn
Shawn63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 11:56 AM   #3

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140830_105733.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	133404we have a solaire 267bhsk, 2012. We go somewhere once a month. It has its quirks but we like it.
howellma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoshock View Post
Hey all. Been watching the forum for a few weeks in anticipation of the arrival of our new 292QBSK. Haven't been able to find hardly anything about this model and posts about the Solaire TT's are few and far between. Is this because they are somewhat more "rare?" Just curious where all of the Solaire TT owners are!
We ultimately chose the 307QBDSK because of the kitchen island feature. However, the 292QBSK was a close second. We've had a few issues with our camper but don't regret the purchase and are looking forward to our fourth season with it. I occasionally see a Solaire at the campgrounds but they must be somewhere "rare" as you say.
campingguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:16 PM   #5

Trailer was supposed to be built on 4/13. Heard that the factory is running two weeks behind. More waiting....
Old 04-27-2017, 06:57 PM   #6

Certainly not as long as yours. Ours is a 2013 209 RB.

Just picked it up, new to us.

We will be out soon

Tanyoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 12:00 AM   #7

We had a 292QBSK before our current rig. We loved the layout and would have loved to keep it around. Unfortunately, we had a few too many problems with ours to keep it. I'm sure they have corrected most of the issues by now and you will have a great time with yours.

A few things to watch for just in case... We ended up having 3 of our 4 walls replaced after the first year. The front wall started delaminating in several areas, mostly at the "seam" points where they had "curved" the plywood. The first thing we noticed was that the front of the mattress would be wet in the morning if it rained because it would leak down the front wall to the bed.

The slide wall started "bubbling" all through the front area all the way to the slide. I never found a leak, and FR said they couldn't figure out what caused the delam on that wall.

The back wall started to separate from the unit. My wife called me back to take a look with "should I be able to see outside as I make the kids beds?" It turns out they missed when they added the screws to the corners and nothing was truly anchoring the wall in place...

Then when they replaced the walls, they didn't get the roof secured quite right... So as we drove down the interstate at 65 mph... The rubber roof started to catch air at the front and inflate like a balloon...

We ended up being well known at the factory since we lived close enough that we would drop it off and pick it up after each major repair. They always did their best to make it right and stand by the product. We just finally through in the towel on that unit since camping is supposed to be fun and it just wasn't fun anymore...

One other thing I will recommend you watch out for is the water filter housing. We had ours "unscrew" and come off twice. That means that if you are on city water you have an unlimited supply of water to fill the entire bottom of your trailer... If on the fresh tank the pump will run until it empties the entire fresh tank... I'd bypass it if you don't use it!
wentcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 12:37 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wentcamping View Post
We had a 292QBSK before our current rig. We loved the layout and would have loved to keep it around. Unfortunately, we had a few too many problems with ours to keep it. I'm sure they have corrected most of the issues by now and you will have a great time with yours.

A few things to watch for just in case... We ended up having 3 of our 4 walls replaced after the first year. The front wall started delaminating in several areas, mostly at the "seam" points where they had "curved" the plywood. The first thing we noticed was that the front of the mattress would be wet in the morning if it rained because it would leak down the front wall to the bed.

The slide wall started "bubbling" all through the front area all the way to the slide. I never found a leak, and FR said they couldn't figure out what caused the delam on that wall.

The back wall started to separate from the unit. My wife called me back to take a look with "should I be able to see outside as I make the kids beds?" It turns out they missed when they added the screws to the corners and nothing was truly anchoring the wall in place...

Then when they replaced the walls, they didn't get the roof secured quite right... So as we drove down the interstate at 65 mph... The rubber roof started to catch air at the front and inflate like a balloon...

We ended up being well known at the factory since we lived close enough that we would drop it off and pick it up after each major repair. They always did their best to make it right and stand by the product. We just finally through in the towel on that unit since camping is supposed to be fun and it just wasn't fun anymore...

One other thing I will recommend you watch out for is the water filter housing. We had ours "unscrew" and come off twice. That means that if you are on city water you have an unlimited supply of water to fill the entire bottom of your trailer... If on the fresh tank the pump will run until it empties the entire fresh tank... I'd bypass it if you don't use it!
What year was your unit if yo don't mind me asking?
Old 04-28-2017, 03:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoshock View Post
What year was your unit if yo don't mind me asking?
I'm pretty sure it was a 2013 model. It may have been an early 2014... Don't tell my wife that I'm having trouble remembering!
wentcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 05:27 PM   #10

Picking up tomorrow!!! PDI checklist downloaded. Hopefully everything goes well. This forum has me as ready as I will every be.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:55 PM   #11

How are the first few days going? Did the PDI go well? I am thinking of ordering a 317bhsk.
TXlonghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 07:48 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXlonghorn View Post
How are the first few days going? Did the PDI go well? I am thinking of ordering a 317bhsk.
Went well. Only issues were a few minor cosmetics inside, a couple areas of extra Dicor requested to add to the roof, and the cold water feed to the HW heater had a bad crimp which was leaking. All fixed and ready to roll out! I'm out of state now but will post pics when I get a chance. National RV Detroit (Belleville) was great to work with.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:23 AM   #13

Thanks. My order is also with National RV Detroit . I am glad you had a good experience with them.
Old 05-21-2017, 02:22 PM   #14

Quote:
Thanks. My order is also with National RV Detroit . I am glad you had a good experience with them.
My only words of caution are to be ready for a quick PDI as they churn customers through, especially on Fridays. Have your checklist ready. You may have to make them slow down. I did feel a bit rushed for sure. I didn't catch the HW issue at the dealer. Found it during shakedown night in driveway. Since I live close and have been out of town with no way to get the unit back before Memorial day weekend, National actually sent a tech to my house to do the repair. I wasn't expecting that level of service and needless to say I'm quite happy. Gabrielle, our sales contact, really came through for our us. Are you coming in from TX or having it delivered? I was just in SA for work about a month ago. Love it down there![emoji106]
Old 05-26-2017, 09:00 PM   #15

I haven't decided but leaning towards picking it up myself. Gabrielle is our sales contact also.
Old 06-03-2017, 10:25 PM   #16

Quote:
I haven't decided but leaning towards picking it up myself. Gabrielle is our sales contact also.
Let me know how it goes. Good luck!