Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2016, 11:02 AM   #21
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by davel1971 View Post
it's funny that people want to run half way across the country to get the factory to do a "better" repair job, when they are the ones that installed all the problems in the first place. I let the dealer do the stuff that requires costly parts, but I handle 95% of the stuff myself, even when under warranty. That's the only way to guarantee it's done to my satisfaction.
First- many of us don't have the ability to do it ourselves.

Second- I trust the factory WAY more than a vast majority of dealers.

Third- the reason that they can do it right for a factory return vs. originally built is TIME. When a camper is built, it's literally done at a run's pace. Whereas when it's a repair, they're given the time to slow down and do things right. I can tell you that I definitely see a difference in quality for the things fixed at the factory vs. the original work that the camper came with.

Is it right? No. Should it be this way? No. Is it what it is? Yep.
Old 04-15-2016, 10:41 AM   #22

We've had many issues as well. 365rl been at dealer since november

we dropped our our 2016 365rl to the dealer in mid November. With a list of almost 20 issues to be resolved. Most have been taken care of, we think haven't used it to find out. Our biggest issue is, which I have not seen on the posts, is the ceiling panels started to pull away from the substrate above, almost as if the adhesive was faulty. The dealer has done no favors with inadequate pictures sent to the manufacturer , they didn't even get up and touch the spots to see that the adhesive was letting loose, palomino denied warranty based on a couple lousy pictures they had sent, put the burden on me. Dealer has had 3-4 week lags of inactivity saying they're waiting for a response from Wayne. The dealer actually lost 3 weeks after Christmas when it was sitting there "done" before they called me and they forgot to address the ceiling panels issues. We bought palomino based on there "commitment " to quality. We really did our homework,so we thought. Now our camping seasons about to start and we are in limbo, might end up having to go back to Indiana to fix. Which all coulda been done in our winter seeing they had it all theses months with proper reporting and not missing things. You are by far not alone!
Rudyg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 03:33 PM   #23

Similar experience

We also had a laundry list wrong with our 2016 Palomino Solaire 229 BHS. Almost all of ours were from brand new too. Biggest things were the heater was not hooked up. I'm talking the wires weren't even attached so it would work at all. The heat won't come out of the vents for the heater as well as the AC. One of the igniters didn't work on the stove, broken shower handle, styrofoam flying down from the skylights when AC turned on. Trim fell off of two places inside the camper and one outside the camper. Missing one of the rubber gaskets on the fresh water drain. Chandelier not tightened enough and fell off and broke the glass in it. We bought it from Camping World as well so their quality control check was obviously terrible. We were on a time crunch and had to take off to go to Alaska from Colorado and had to fix most of that stuff on the way up. Has been in the shop for 7 months but we live in Fairbanks unfortunately so it's a pain in the ass.
Benzo719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 02:23 AM   #24

Having trouble with heat coming out vent also...foam balls coming from AC also... humidity is terrible had to by separate unit to run...3 toilets and still leeks...tracks in backwards in shower water all over the floor...outlets put in crooked....beautiful unit ...poor work man ship....not seal well whether it's windows or what but the dust coming is is way more than terrible
Linda T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 09:35 AM   #25

Weve had a small amount of dust as well but not as bad. Heating ducts are just a poor design and don't come out the vents very well. The main AC unit had a piece of silver tape on it that was stopping the air from going through the vents causing the pressure to drop styrofoam balls from the roof. Repair shop couldn't figure out a see, someone else on this forum helped. Sorry about your troubles. How are you and it is beautiful too but poor workmanship. Was told they throw them together faster than you would imagine. I have another thread on this forum where people have help me with some of my issues. They are very knowledgeable and could possibly help you too
Benzo719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 08:04 AM   #26

I think that the design and materials used by Palimino is as good as any other unit in the same price range. WORKMANSHIP..... that's another story. Automobile manufacturers use "repairs per hundred" as an indicator of their quality level. The goal is to have no repairs for every 100 vehicles. I think the RV manufacturers have a "repairs for vehicle" as a standard or at least it seems that way. Poor workmanship is not acceptable in any industry. It should be unacceptable to have to return a unit to the dealer for workmanship repairs. Repairs because an assembler did a sloppy job should NEVER be as acceptable as it seems to be in the RV INDUSTRY. Just sayn.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 08:35 AM   #27

Yes, I Have had many problems with my Palomino Sabre 34REQS 38' 5th Wheel. Purchased in April 2016. First trip was local and plugged to 50 amp site. All went well.
However, as I speak, I am vacationing on my first major trip since purchase and we are plugged into 30 amp site and things have been horrible:
1. I have not been able to use either AC consistently. I realize with a 30 amp that I have to live quite frugal on electrical consumption. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Yesterday, the bedroom AC would only work when bedroom light switch was on and would shut down when light switch was off?? I'm guessing it's affecting the thermostat??
2. Same thing occurred when using BT radio, when either bedroom or bathroom light switch was off, BT was knocked off and lights would flicker throughout trailer.
3. Refrigerator works sometimes, sometimes not. Propane backup doesn't work.
4. Slides and awning will not retract. When I try, they bog down and all lights dim.
5. Half of electrical outlets work, half don't.
6. Shower leaks water onto bathroom floor around door frame. I have added silicon caulk around frame and for the most part, leaking has stopped.
7. The entire vent box in bathroom has separated from ceiling and hanging an inch below ceiling.
8. Several decorative trim pieces that cover ceiling seams are coming unglued.
9. During transit, the front AC electrical box located in unit itself, was not attached and broke through AC cover and was hanging by wires. I have secured box for now.
10. Microwave popped and threw sparks on first use.
I am having RV repair person on site today to help me out. Yesterday, I called my dealer where I purchased to get some help because I'm 800 miles from home. He acted as if my story about the AC unit turning off and on with bedroom light switch was not possible. I wouldn't have thought so either, but I turned switch off and on 3 times to confirm. I will be taking my unit back to dealer after this trip. NOT HAPPY!!!!
Maloned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 07:50 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeChuck View Post
I think that the design and materials used by Palimino is as good as any other unit in the same price range. WORKMANSHIP..... that's another story. Automobile manufacturers use "repairs per hundred" as an indicator of their quality level. The goal is to have no repairs for every 100 vehicles. I think the RV manufacturers have a "repairs for vehicle" as a standard or at least it seems that way. Poor workmanship is not acceptable in any industry. It should be unacceptable to have to return a unit to the dealer for workmanship repairs. Repairs because an assembler did a sloppy job should NEVER be as acceptable as it seems to be in the RV INDUSTRY. Just sayn.
Totally agree. I do understand the need for using lighter materials etc.....and it's not so much what they use....it's "how" they use and install it. I think quality control ceases to exist when it comes to trailers of all types. This is why I would be hesitant to send it back to the factory for repair, as if that's how they build it, I have no confidence they will fix it to my satisfaction.

My experience has been a horror story but certainly not to the degree others have had. It's sad that's for sure. Perhaps I am just too picky but when I drop 20K+ on a trailer I expect a good deal more in quality. With my issues I am having a dealer in Ontario look after things on my brand new PUMA 259RBSS. It most certainly won't be going back to the dealer in Michigan as they didn't even have the decency to wash the unit. Buyer beware :-)

I do love the layout though.....
FJRDarksider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 04:52 PM   #29

We just bought 2017 377MB Columbus. have found many issues since getting in end of May. RV Lock didn't work, had water in it and corroded board, back unit is heat pump, reversing valve solenoid bad out of box, picked up from dealer after all their inspections and cleaning, ceiling fan blade missing screw and would turn. I had to find all these issues and have them order me the parts because I didn't want to haul it 1.5 hours to fix. Now that temps are 90-95 living room stays 84 and bedroom 88 until sun sets with two A/C. Have appointment for 3 weeks down road. Quality control doesn't match price paid.
HVACMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:54 AM   #30

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maloned View Post
Yes, I Have had many problems with my Palomino Sabre 34REQS 38' 5th Wheel. Purchased in April 2016. First trip was local and plugged to 50 amp site. All went well.

However, as I speak, I am vacationing on my first major trip since purchase and we are plugged into 30 amp site and things have been horrible:

1. I have not been able to use either AC consistently. I realize with a 30 amp that I have to live quite frugal on electrical consumption. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Yesterday, the bedroom AC would only work when bedroom light switch was on and would shut down when light switch was off?? I'm guessing it's affecting the thermostat??

2. Same thing occurred when using BT radio, when either bedroom or bathroom light switch was off, BT was knocked off and lights would flicker throughout trailer.

3. Refrigerator works sometimes, sometimes not. Propane backup doesn't work.

4. Slides and awning will not retract. When I try, they bog down and all lights dim.

5. Half of electrical outlets work, half don't.

6. Shower leaks water onto bathroom floor around door frame. I have added silicon caulk around frame and for the most part, leaking has stopped.

7. The entire vent box in bathroom has separated from ceiling and hanging an inch below ceiling.

8. Several decorative trim pieces that cover ceiling seams are coming unglued.

9. During transit, the front AC electrical box located in unit itself, was not attached and broke through AC cover and was hanging by wires. I have secured box for now.

10. Microwave popped and threw sparks on first use.

I am having RV repair person on site today to help me out. Yesterday, I called my dealer where I purchased to get some help because I'm 800 miles from home. He acted as if my story about the AC unit turning off and on with bedroom light switch was not possible. I wouldn't have thought so either, but I turned switch off and on 3 times to confirm. I will be taking my unit back to dealer after this trip. NOT HAPPY!!!!

I would seriously look at 12 volt system. This runs a lot of things you are having problems with. Is your battery installed properly? Do lights work when the power plug is pulled out of the camp pedestal?
Also check GFCI outlets. More often than not this is hey multiple outlets fail to work.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 08:14 AM   #31
Senior Senior Member

Wow, all of your troubles and you still say you love your rig! Amazing.

My wildly fluctuating refrigerator temps seem small compared to the laundry list of problems I see others have.

I commend you on your forbearance.
Old 07-10-2016, 09:34 AM   #32

I did Finaly get all my problems solved. We made a trip to the dealer in Indiana. These guys where amazing! I gave them a list of about a dozen things and they had every single thing fixed in less than two hours. I can't say enough to how amazing these guys where. Not to put down some of the great mechanics we have used but these guys where a step above everyone else. It was like second nature to them.

I also want to mention something that I did recently that made a huge difference in the heat of our RV. I went to the hardware store and bought a big roll of reflective insulation. Basically it's the stuff you put in your car window to keep the heat out, but in a big roll. I cut it and put it in every window. The difference has been huge! It cost me $60 and I highly recommend it to everyone who RVs in the summer.
travelingemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 03:03 PM   #33

Anyone else having this many problems?

Welcome to the RV World. I have had more problems than I have time to describe. From poor workmanship and engineered to the lowest possible standard if there is a standard. I strongly suggest an extended warranty. Check out Good Sam. I will find out this week. Both my slides are messed up. The material they slide on is broken and protruding. One would expect this material to last the lifetime of the trailer. New Sabre 33 rets. New 2013. This is more a hobby keeping things working than using it for fun. Im somewhat handy and have repaired many by myself with help from the internet. People new to RVing need to beware of the junk we are purchasing. The dealers are aware of what they are selling and laughing at us all the way to the bank.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
The pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 04:00 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by The pope View Post
Welcome to the RV World. I have had more problems than I have time to describe. From poor workmanship and engineered to the lowest possible standard if there is a standard. I strongly suggest an extended warranty. Check out Good Sam. I will find out this week. Both my slides are messed up. The material they slide on is broken and protruding. One would expect this material to last the lifetime of the trailer. New Sabre 33 rets. New 2013. This is more a hobby keeping things working than using it for fun. Im somewhat handy and have repaired many by myself with help from the internet. People new to RVing need to beware of the junk we are purchasing. The dealers are aware of what they are selling and laughing at us all the way to the bank.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
x2

2013:31 / 2014:51 / 2015:58 / 2016:37 / 2017:46
2018:16
Total 239
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 10:35 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evereddie View Post
x2
x3
campingguy is offline   Reply With Quote