Old 03-16-2016, 07:34 PM   #1

Anyone else having this many problems?

I recently purchased a 2016 373 MBC Palomino and love the rig. The problem is that I have been in the repair shop more than in the rig. Has anyone else had this many problems?
Two blown converters
Complete removal and reinstall of shower - faulty flooring
Rear driver side slide won't go in/out all the way - bent Ram
All the scare lights have died
Ice maker has died
Random lights inside have died
Shower door hinges extremely loose
Awning sounds like death when you pull it in
Shower wall separating (prior to shower replacement)
Broken recliners
DVD player was never connected to the tv
Bathroom skylight not attached
Sound bar buzzes when being used
Pantry door won't close when slide is open
Bunkhouse door is stiff to open and close when slide outs are out
Master bedroom door had a grinding noise when you moved it
Loose baseboards not even nailed down

I love the rig and have had about 2/3 of the problems fixed so far. This many problems just seems a little excessive after only owning it for less than a month. We are about to put it back into the shop for its 4th major repair. Is anyone else having problems like this?

Old 03-16-2016, 10:11 PM   #2

IMO, I'd start to talk to the dealer and Palomino about getting it back to the factory for repairs to be done there.

And sadly, you're not alone with this many and severity of repairs.

ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 10:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
IMO, I'd start to talk to the dealer and Palomino about getting it back to the factory for repairs to be done there.

And sadly, you're not alone with this many and severity of repairs.

Agree with doug. Factory is the answer. Not sure of your location and unfortunately would have been better handled over the winter when you weren't wanting to use it. Keep on your dealer and it'll get handled.
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 10:31 PM   #4

Bummer, the Palomino line had very good reviews by most. They were on my short list before we got the Wildwood. Ours is not perfect either but the 5-6 issues I have seem common.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
Bummer, the Palomino line had very good reviews by most. They were on my short list before we got the Wildwood. Ours is not perfect either but the 5-6 issues I have seem common.
You can't discount any one brand based on a problem unit. All brands have problem units- up to and including the $100k+ luxury trailers.

IMO, it's how the manufacturer reacts in general - do they usually take care of folks? Again, you can't take a single story of a unit/situation from hell as gospel for how things go. For instance, at the same time as my Sabre mess- another family were having huge issues and raged about Sabre. They left with a bitter taste and a bad story to tell and I ended up a satisfied/happy customer.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:28 PM   #6

I've had incredible care by my dealer. Unfortunately I'm now a couple states away and their isn't much they can do.
It sounds like I'm not alone with the plethora of repairs which I what I wanted to know. I love the unit as I said before. Its just disappointing that it came with some rather large frustrating problems so soon. I will keep an update on the post if the problems are not fixed or if new large problems pop up.
I will say that for this reason alone I am thankful I had such an amazing dealership. They truly went above and beyond to take care of me at a moments notice on multiple occasions.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingemt View Post
I've had incredible care by my dealer. Unfortunately I'm now a couple states away and their isn't much they can do.
IMO, all the more reason to get a factory repair setup.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:47 PM   #8

It depends on where he is and how far away from the factory he is. He apparently travels with his job and needs the unit for sleeping quarters... Then again, I may be reading too much into his forum name. That would be a heck of a trip for me... Texas to Indiana... to get stuff fixed that should have been done right to begin with... wow.
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 12:17 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
It depends on where he is and how far away from the factory he is. He apparently travels with his job and needs the unit for sleeping quarters... Then again, I may be reading too much into his forum name. That would be a heck of a trip for me... Texas to Indiana...
There's no doubting the distance and hassle are real obstacles. But, I've found for major stuff- there are very few dealers who will actually do a decent job of repairs of this size.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:58 PM   #10

New RV/TT Blues

We the unknowing, starry eyed, wowed, and have too much confidence in our wonderful dealer need to start demanding a one(1) week satisfaction return policy. The proof that all systems function should be done before signing anything - they already have your deposit (usually). Best excuse for not running AC, slide(s) and appliances is it's not plugged in because service is using the outlet. Bought mine in October, first weekend after the furnace didn't work (40F went to Walmart electric heater), kinked hose, took service two hours to correct on site the next day.
By the way no mention of sawdust and spare screws hidden for your enjoyment.