Old 11-13-2008, 06:48 PM   #1
Anyone ever installed phone jack in camper?

Looking to install phone in camper since it is at a lake with no cell service. Got any suggestions on how to make this attractive?

kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:55 PM   #2
if its on a spot you wont be moving from often
go to home depot or a home center and get a real nice interior plate and box
and a marine outside box and run your wires insied, then run a removable or plug one from your outside box to the phone line connection at your pole, have the phone guy put you a jack on your power pedastal and then run your prtable line from it to the rv, thats what we do,

Living in the Piney Woods of Texas.
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:18 PM   #3
Cyber Phrenologist
Or if you are cheap, lazy and reluctant to drill holes in your RV, just poke the wire in through the slide seal.

I would want a permanent install using a surface mount solution, such that a square hole doesn't need to be cut in the wall, just a small hole for the wire to go through. I'd want to install in an area that backs into a storage compartment, and from there I'd tend to want to drill through the floor and not the sidewall.

My phone would be a two phone wireless kit, so I'm not running around falling over stuff trying to get to one phone in the middle of the night. Radio Shack usually has a good deal on a kit like this near Christmas.
Admin at, part of the Social Knowledge network.
"RVing and Amateur Radio served up on the same plate"
2008 (or is it 2009?) Rockwood 8280SS - 2007 F-150
Lot's of mostly Kenwood radios

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote