Old 05-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #1

Anyone installed a television in BR of 2012 31 RETS?

Wondering if anyone with a 31 RETS-6 has installed a television and mount on the wall in the bedroom? Dealer rep said he thought there was a board in between the wall as a backer board but I can't tell.
SabreSam, would you know if a mount could be installed on this wall.

ret2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:06 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ret2006 View Post
Dealer rep said he thought there was a board in between the wall as a backer board but I can't tell.
My dealer's tech said the same thing.

I removed the antenna coax wall plate and probed with a wire looking for said board and found nothing but hollow wall (and way too thin for a mount). The shelf or nothing in my unit.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:24 PM   #3

I just set ours on the dresser in our 34REQS-6.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #4
Here to Help

Quote:
Wondering if anyone with a 31 RETS-6 has installed a television and mount on the wall in the bedroom? Dealer rep said he thought there was a board in between the wall as a backer board but I can't tell.

Dear RET2006,
I do not beleive there is a backer in that area. I will confirm with production. You might be able to pop the panel from the inside of the closet. This would allow you to look in the wall and see if a backer is installed.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:23 PM   #5

I put one on the outside wall of the bedroom of our 2011 31 RETS. I know that SabreSam recommends not mounting on the outside wall, but here is what I did.

I used a stud finder to locate the aluminun cage, drilled a small pilot hole then used a short metal screw to fasten the mount. I take the tv off the mount and place it on the bed when towing. Mounting on the closet wall did not seem like a good solution for us and that is why I used the outside wall. My advise is if you decide to go this route, just be sure to use short screws!

HTH
Old 05-14-2012, 10:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDWeir View Post
I put one on the outside wall of the bedroom of our 2011 31 RETS. I know that SabreSam recommends not mounting on the outside wall, but here is what I did.

I used a stud finder to locate the aluminun cage, drilled a small pilot hole then used a short metal screw to fasten the mount. I take the tv off the mount and place it on the bed when towing. Mounting on the closet wall did not seem like a good solution for us and that is why I used the outside wall. My advise is if you decide to go this route, just be sure to use short screws!

HTH
I did the same thing, it is over the window, I ran HDMI cable to it from the satellite box in the living room
Old 05-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #7

Heres how I did mine, I got a 30' Belkin HDMI cable, ran it from where the sat box is in the Living room, behind the fireplace and thru the floor, I dropped the rear section of the belly pan and routed the cable thru there Went up thru the floor of the Dresser in the bedroom to the wall by the wall plate fished a 12' cable thru that and made a connection in the front compartment, I use a Trip Light splitter and now can plug the TV in out side also

Old 07-12-2012, 04:43 AM   #8

When installing the TV mount on the outside wall what size and length screws were used ?
Old 07-12-2012, 12:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggerk View Post
When installing the TV mount on the outside wall what size and length screws were used ?
I used whatever size fit the mount, probably about a #8 or #6 if I remember correctly. The length was probably 3/4 or 1 inch, again that will depend on the mounting plate thickness.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:34 PM   #10

Quote:

I had a tv mounted in my bedroom of my sabre rets 2011...what a job...they had to rip my closet wall apart, put in a support and put it all back together...right where you thought the mounting bracket would go...funny the sales pamplet shows a TV virtually sitting on the dresser my tv is mounted up by ceiling. I got mounting bracket much cheaper at walmart