Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #1
Factory Representative

Ask the Palomino Michigan factory

Hello Palomino RV owners, operators, architects, and conspirators. I will be the Palomino contact for the Thoroughbred, Stampede, Banshee, Maverick, Real Lite, Bronco, Mustang, Yearling, Pony model campers. I will answer any question to the best of my ability. We have been manufacturing Palomino campers here in Colon Michigan since 1968, and my knowledge of the parts on them is fairly extensive going all the way back. I've been working in the Palomino Parts Department for 12 years, there isn't much that I haven't heard as far as the parts side of things is concerned. I look forward to our interaction. For those that would rather call me direct 1-800-297-5830 my name is Jevin.
Palomino Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
camping

to the forum!!

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #3

Welcome! Glad to have you here (see sig)
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:00 PM   #4
Campfire Master

Thanks for stepping in. Your participation is much appreciated!

John
AVid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:06 PM   #5

Thanks for being here,and Welcome!You just answered my question from awhile back,We bought a 2011 Sabre 31RETS from All-American Coach in Toledo Ohio,and at the time they told us that they were made in Michigan,and just a few hours aways and they go up and just get their own units.Then I find out they are actually made across the line in IN.,but I guess the rest of the Palomino line is from Michigan...correct?
SuperDutyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:49 AM   #6
Factory Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDutyGuy View Post
Thanks for being here,and Welcome!You just answered my question from awhile back,We bought a 2011 Sabre 31RETS from All-American Coach in Toledo Ohio,and at the time they told us that they were made in Michigan,and just a few hours aways and they go up and just get their own units.Then I find out they are actually made across the line in IN.,but I guess the rest of the Palomino line is from Michigan...correct?
Thanks and yes you are correct, Puma, Sabre, and they are making a new line called the Columbus are made in Elkhart Indiana. All American also sells some of our units that we build at the Michigan plant, and they do pick up from us as well. I can see how it would be easy for them to be a little confused
Old 01-24-2012, 09:12 AM   #7
Factory Representative

Facebook

If I can get 400 people to click "like" on our Palomino RV facebook page I get a pay raise! j/k but I would greatly appreciate each and every one of you that takes the time to do that. Thank you
Old 01-24-2012, 02:55 PM   #8

Does the Columbus Palomino 2012 have "house batteries"?

My wife and I saw the new Columbus Palomino 2012 at an RV show and loved it! We do have some questions...

a) Does it have house batteries to power lights when not connected to AC? If so, what are the specs? Battery type and/or Amp Hours.

-Ken

PS: I "liked" your Facebook page too.
Frogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:19 PM   #9
Factory Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogz View Post
My wife and I saw the new Columbus Palomino 2012 at an RV show and loved it! We do have some questions...

a) Does it have house batteries to power lights when not connected to AC? If so, what are the specs? Battery type and/or Amp Hours.

-Ken

Thanks for liking our FB page, as for your question, it would be better served to ask SabreSam that question, the columbus line is made at his facility in Indiana. Go to the "ask the sabre factory" thread and ask this question, I'm sure SabreSam will get back to you in short order.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palomino Pal View Post
If I can get 400 people to click "like" on our Palomino RV facebook page I get a pay raise! j/k but I would greatly appreciate each and every one of you that takes the time to do that. Thank you
For those of us who aren't real experts on Facebook, could you tell us how?
Old 01-24-2012, 03:24 PM   #11
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogz View Post

-Ken

Dear Customer,
The Columbus brand is sold by a different group. I'm guessing that the batteries would be sold to you by the dealer and not the factory. I would contact Specialty Auto and RV (who had the Columbus at the show).

Sorry I can't be more help.
SabreSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:25 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFugate View Post
Nevermind, I figured it out. I'm not as dumb as I thought
Old 01-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFugate View Post
To "Like" the page, start here...
Palomino RV | Facebook

...then click on the "Like" button near the top.

And thanks to "Palomino Pal" for the tip about "Ask Sabre". I went ahead and re-posted to his/her thread.
Frogz is offline   Reply With Quote