Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 11:03 AM   #91
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

you have to turn the winterization valve before it will suck antifreeze from the jug .

Old 10-16-2011, 11:20 AM   #92

tried that. didn't suck. i just attached a short garden hose to the "winterize hook up" beside my other water fills.

Old 10-16-2011, 03:55 PM   #93
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I have a 2011 bhok and it doesn't have a winterize kit.
Must have been dealer installed.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:55 PM   #94
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Can you take pics of the plumbing?
Old 10-17-2011, 09:04 AM   #95
Here to Help

ccyake,
I see turbo is trying to help. Without being right there this might be a little challenging. It might take a couple of trys. It sounds like you have the hose connected to the winterize intake. Try to make the hose as short as possible and make sure the connection is tight so the pump can not suck any air. You need to have the winterize valve flipped and the water heater bypass valve flipped. As turbo asked a couple of pictures might help me.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:28 PM   #96

ok. got it figured out. i believe the problem was either the hose i was using was too long, or not tight enough. i ended up getting the "winterization hook up" to suck from a jug. i had too disconect the hose from the back side and put direct in jug. biggest thing is its done now for freeze up. thanks for everyones help.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:23 PM   #97
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccyake View Post
ok. got it figured out. i believe the problem was either the hose i was using was too long, or not tight enough. i ended up getting the "winterization hook up" to suck from a jug. i had too disconect the hose from the back side and put direct in jug. biggest thing is its done now for freeze up. thanks for everyones help.

I assume you drained the hw heater and by passed it and removed the water filter?
did you remember to run "pink" through the outside shower ?
with my bhok being new to me I have to remember I have one more sink to winterize !
Old 10-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #98

yep. did all that. filter out, drained hot water tank, bypassed the hotwater tank, got pink in all drains including outdoor shower, outdoor kitchet etc.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:30 PM   #99

SaberSam,
Having a problem with our 2012 32QBTS furnace with the Duo Therm thermostat. We will set the thermostat to 70 degrees. It will operate perfectly for several cycles only letting the temperature vary by a few degrees + or - and then all of a sudden it will not come on. The temperature will continue to drop and it will not come on at temps even below 65 it still will not come on. When it locks up and will not turn the furnace on the only way to get the furnace to run is to turn it off and then back on. It will then work for a few cycles and then lock up again. If you just leave it once it locks up it eventually will come back on but the temp may be 10 degrees or more below the set point. We have had it in for service on this twice. The first time the technician could not duplicate the problem and they did nothing. The second time it was in for service the tech was able to duplicate the issue. He then replaced the thermostat with the exact same model thermostat and it eventually did the same thing. They then called dometic and dometic's recommendation was to replace with a higher quality thermostat (at my own expense). Dometic also told them they were not meant for continuous use. When we go camping we like to have the furnace turned on to a set temperature the whole time we are set-up to camp. We do not want to wake up very cold in the middle of the night and have to go reset the system. Not a acceptable fix for such a high end trailer. Have others experienced this to your knowledge? Would like to have it fixed ASAP as we are going camping again over the Thanksgiving holiday. Thanks.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:44 PM   #100
Here to Help

Dear Red Ex,
I've been traveling for my job and unable to reply. I will contact you Monday or Tuesday to get this issue resolved. Is there are phone number I can reach you during the day? I feel with this complicated problem, a phone conversation will get it resolved quicker.

Thanks

Tags
led pad