Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 12:02 PM   #241

Our new unit came with a manual rewind trap for use in an emergency when there is no shore or batt power available, but we were also told that once you retract a power awning manually, it requres a "qualified service person to "reset" it back to power mode....Not sure what that means though and I have not pursued it.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #242

oops...typo....

trap=Strap
Old 04-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #243

I have a new 31RLTS. The steps leading up to the bedroom have several screws on the treads, but when I remove these screws the treads still wont come off. Are they glued down as well? Is it possible to safely take them off without damaging the treads?
Old 04-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #244
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by evergryn View Post
I have a new 31RLTS. The steps leading up to the bedroom have several screws on the treads, but when I remove these screws the treads still wont come off. Are they glued down as well? Is it possible to safely take them off without damaging the treads?
I would guess there glued down.
better question is why are you taking them up?
Old 04-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #245
Here to Help

Steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by evergryn View Post
Dear Customer,
We don't glue them down, but there maybe corner trim that is nailed to the wall and step that is holding it inplace. Look there, if not send me a picture of the step and I will get you some more answers.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:50 PM   #246

Interior Height

What is the interior height of the 2012 32 RLTS travel trailer ? I see the slide room is 6'1".
Old 04-10-2012, 11:04 PM   #247

32 rlts

Is the flip up counter extension standard in the kitchen on these travel trailers ? and with the drawers under the bed does the bed raise up for more storage, and if does not can I add a hinge for that purpose ?
Old 04-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #248

Cable TV Connections

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam View Post
Jamie S.
The cable signal will go only to the main Living room TV. The bedroom TV(s) only receive Ant/Air signal.
Sabre Sam: Please don't take this wrong. I have a 2011 RETS and the Cable signal input adjacent to the water hookup feeds both living room and bedroom TV's, along with the external connection in the curbside basement access.
SPAT61
Old 04-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #249
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

But the satellite in only goes to the main living area.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:05 AM   #250
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggerk View Post
Is the flip up counter extension standard in the kitchen on these travel trailers ? and with the drawers under the bed does the bed raise up for more storage, and if does not can I add a hinge for that purpose ?
The countertop extention is standard. The bed base does not raise.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #251

Steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
I would guess there glued down.
better question is why are you taking them up?
I would like to take mine up to carpet the steps. We are old and can't afford to slip on a wood step. I did try getting mine up to no avail. Can anyone offer the solution. They must be glued on, otherwise with all screws removed, they should pull out. Thankas.
Steve
Old 04-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #252

Sabre Sam,

Can anything be done now, that will allow the black water dump valve to operate without having use both hands to open, and risk pulling off the plastic handle, then having to hit the handle with the palm of my hand to close? My selling dealer went out of business shortly after purchase and delivery, so there wasn't anyone to ask about the operation. It always worked, though a struggle at times, but has become harder to operate with age and started to leak when closed.

RV is a 2009 Sabre 28RETS 5th wheel bought in 11/09
Old 04-12-2012, 12:37 PM   #253
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

[QUOTE=cruisinhwy66;180664]Sabre Sam,

Can anything be done now, that will allow the black water dump valve to operate without having use both hands to open, and risk pulling off the plastic handle, then having to hit the handle with the palm of my hand to close? My selling dealer went out of business shortly after purchase and delivery, so there wasn't anyone to ask about the operation. It always worked, though a struggle at times, but has become harder to operate with age and started to leak
RV is a 2009 Sabre 28RETS 5th wheel bought in 11/09[/QUOT

I don't think there's much you can do short of replacing valve.
it really should be easy to pull.

Maybe there's crud stuck in the plate allowing it to be tight.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #254

The valve isn't exposed on our model, it's above the belly cover.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:55 PM   #255
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Unfortunately short of what I suggested I'm not sure you have any other options.
that under covering comes down pretty simple and the valve is easy to replace.

Let me know if I can help further.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:00 AM   #256
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisinhwy66 View Post
Sabre Sam,

Can anything be done now, that will allow the black water dump valve to operate without having use both hands to open, and risk pulling off the plastic handle, then having to hit the handle with the palm of my hand to close? My selling dealer went out of business shortly after purchase and delivery, so there wasn't anyone to ask about the operation. It always worked, though a struggle at times, but has become harder to operate with age and started to leak when closed.

RV is a 2009 Sabre 28RETS 5th wheel bought in 11/09
Dear Customer,
I'm guessing by the symptoms you are describing the valve seals have problems. You'll need to drop the underbelly and replace the valve. Any RV dealers should be able to help with this service.

I hope this helps.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:29 AM   #257

While sitting here reading your reply above, when the A/C cycles off and I'm reminded of another annoying event when the condensate from the roof unit runs down the rear windows of the RV. I have been trying to think of a way to redirect the water to the side gutters. I bought some entry door weather stripping that will stick to the roof and act as a channel to reroute the the flow. Any ideas??
Old 04-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #258
Happy Camper

Thumbs up Broken wiring support strap under slideouts FIXED

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurge1947 View Post
Yes I have had to replace the strap under the sofa side slide on my Sabre, although the 'Atrium' side strap is fine. I'm assuming that all straps in this model are routed the same way, so this is how I fixed mine. The problem was that the strap was bending over the top of the slide bar when the slide was closing, and there was very little room for the strap to compress. I thought about moving it forward, but could see that would make no difference, and there was no room to move it rearward. I finally figured it out. I cut a 10 inch length of 1 inch square 'L' bracket , aluminum, bought at any hardware store, and affixed this bracket to the left edge of the plate that the outside of the strap was connected to. I then afixed the strap to this bracket, so that the strap was 'LOWER" than its previous position, and rode UNDER the slide mechanism. On the coach side the strap slid down to the base of the 'pin' , where I wrapped a tie wrap, and Voila, it now has room to compress into that space along the frame rail of the trailer. I'd take pictures, but I'm on my way down to Arizona early in the AM, and I think you can figure it out as I did, that if you go below the slide bar, you got more room.
Thanks very much Spurge, and also thanks to SabreSam for sending two new straps. We copied this idea of yours, manufactured an aluminium bracket and the repair has held now for 800 Mi. Nice to get such great assistance without the time/hassle/cost factor of going into a dealer. Much appreciated.............
Old 04-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #259
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisinhwy66 View Post
While sitting here reading your reply above, when the A/C cycles off and I'm reminded of another annoying event when the condensate from the roof unit runs down the rear windows of the RV. I have been trying to think of a way to redirect the water to the side gutters. I bought some entry door weather stripping that will stick to the roof and act as a channel to reroute the the flow. Any ideas??
its seems most roofs have a crown to them and normally the water runs to one side or the other .
I wonder how or why your runs down the middle ?
Old 04-16-2012, 07:38 AM   #260

ThankYou

Saber Sam
I am setting her trying to find the words to explain how happy we are with the service we have rec. from you and your team also American RV. This kind of service in not heard of at this day and age.
We met up with Gary and what a pleasure that was. He and his team went all out to make sure the customer was happy. He made it clear Saber want’s happy customers! I ran a company for years and it was a pleasure to see the work ethic of his team
Before we bought our unit we searched for months before we made a decision, after our tour of the facility 2 times with Kevin we purchased one. You and the Saber team have confirmed we made the right choice.
Again thank you for your help. You have myself and my wife as two more salesman for Saber because we have a superior unit!!!
This web site is first class. Saber is on there way to being number one if they are not already there.
THANK YOU ! !
LeRoy Preston
Closed Thread

Tags
led pad