Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2012, 01:40 PM   #181
Well it looks like i will need to buy new material so It might as well be 2X10's.
Thanks all.

Cathy & Jeff
Midland, Michigan
2013 Sabre 32RCTS / 2012 Ram2500 Hemi
Nights Camped: 2015-140; 2016-137 YTD; 160 Planned
Old 02-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #182
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wooly View Post
Thanks for the description Spurge. My strap arrived today. The sofa-side one died within the year, had no joy trying to get a replacement through my dealer (beginning to discover he was a really great guy until we drove off the lot with the trailer. Every problem we have had, and there weren't many, have been extremely well handled by FR direct). SabreSam helped out in getting a replacement to me. I think my 31RETS is back to front compared to yours in that the pin is on the outer side of the slider, and the other end is screwed into the chassis. Now I know what the probable cause is I'll go attack the refit tomorrow, Tx rain permitting.

Hi. Our straps have just arrived and we will be tackling installation next few days. There were no instructions with them. Did you mount the inside end with the screws in the same location(s), or did you mount further forward ? Thanks for any input you can provide.

2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 4X4, Quad
2010 Sabre 31-RETS-6
Old 02-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #183
Hey SabreSam, Thanks for the clarification on the "6". That makes more sense than what I was told.
Harland & Nita from Texas
Rusty & Coffee - Guard Dachshunds
2012 Sabre 34REQS-6
2011 F-250 CC/SB/6.2L Gas/2X
Nights Camped 2012 = 14
Old 02-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #184
I made a bracket out of 3/4" wide strap metal bent into a "Z" shape to move the interior mounting point (the mounting point that is on the chassis, not the exterior portion of the slide) inward and downward. The exterior mouniting point is a rod pointed down on a bracket. I have plans to change the mount and bring the rod down, but in the mean time, I just slid the strap down on the rod and used a couple of wire ties to keep it from falling off the rod. This allowed the strap to go under the slide mechanism, and by moving the interior mounting point in as well as down, the strap is not as tightly bent (squished actually) as it was when the slide had been slid in. Here is a photo of the first bracket I made, I remade the bracket with more strap on the bottom part to allow me to drill another hole and use 2 small bolts to keep the strap level.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bracket.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	10548

TV, 2000 Dodge RAM 2500 Quad cab short bed, Cummins 5.9, Edge Comp, Gauges.
5ver, 2011 Palamino Sabre 31 RETS.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:33 AM   #185
TV Bracket mount

For anyone with a 31RETS, and maybe other models, for a bedroom TV, do not mount a TV bracket on an outside wall. The interior surface is not suitable for that. Instead, we mounted our bracket on the Wardrobe wall, above the light switch, and used a 4 inch wide by 12 inch long, laminated 1 inch thick plywood backer board. The backer board is secured to the front of the shelf in the closet (through the rear) , and through the side vertical. The problem I encountered was the hollow space between the outer wardrobe wall, and the interior wall. This cavity in my case was about an inch deep, and ran the entire length of the wall. I solved it by drilling the mounting holes for the TV mount, and then inserting a tube from a LOW expansion can of foam, designed for around windows, and emptying the can into the dead space. After leaving it to cure ovenight, the wall was solid, and enabled me to mount the bracket with no floppiness. Hope this helps someone.
2011 31' RETS Sabre
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 HD
Lovin It
Old 02-24-2012, 10:40 AM   #186
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Normally there's a sticker on the wall if it will hold a tv and mount.
no sticker NO mount
Old 02-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #187
Hello sabre sam !! once again I am impressed with the sabre product line. I was interested in the 32 bhts last fall but it looks like that unit is not available anymore????? The 34 tbok layout looks like a worthy replacement. Just wondering why the changes were made and any other info on the 34 tbok. Thank You!!
Old 02-25-2012, 08:56 PM   #188
Ordered my 34TBOK today!!

I ordered it today and i'm super excited! When can I expect it to be built and leave the factory heading south to GA?
Old 02-26-2012, 06:15 AM   #189
cerwin WELCOME and CONGRATS. There is a lot of great info here.
2007 Chevy 2500 HD 6.6
2012 Sabre 31RETS
(LA) Lower Alabama
Old 02-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #190
For the LG solid surface countertop option, is there any other color available except the black?

Closed Thread

led pad