Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 01:16 PM   #321
Here to Help

Your commnts

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchie View Post
Sir
Whats the deal with these refrigators? Have a 34reqs 2012 and I have owned 2 jaycos and 1 forest river and never have I heard a refrigator make so much noisy. It also takes 18 to 24 hrs to cool down. Why put a 12 volt fan in a refrigarator unless you are trying to cover up a problem. Also I took off vent cover on outside for fan and there was quite abite of moisture which could cause delamanation. I have also got several other problems with the unit. Must of been built on a friday or monday.
Duchie
Duchie,
Sorry but we dont' build the "refrigators". I would suggest that you contact Dometic Customer Service or your local dealer to inspect your refrigator. I'm sure the dealer would also be willing to address your "several other problems".

Old 05-18-2012, 02:52 PM   #322

Quote:
Originally Posted by ret2006 View Post
I havent had any problems with any of the slides, but I do have a question. On the 31 RETS, does anyone know where the manual slide opening is for the bedroom slide ? Thanks in Advance...

What if the bedroom slide is stuck in the closed position, you can't get into the bedroom of the 31 RETS with the slide in? Would probably have to break through the bedroom window to get in. Any suggestion? Just want to have an idea on what to do in a "worse case scenario". I currently have my 31 RETS at the dealer getting a new converter and trying to see why my bedroom slide is so sluggish lately, going in and out.
If you look a couple of posts back, you'll see that 1100turbo answered that the bedroom manual slide is in the driver side propane tank door. I looked and sure enough there itt is!

Old 05-18-2012, 03:48 PM   #323

refrig.

you may not make the refrig. but you put them in your product and make a profit off them when you sell the camper. if i buy a car and the ac doesnt work i dont contact the company who made the ac for the car company, the car dealer takes care of it.
I think your answer to me or any customer would not be considered good customer relations and i will contact forest river direct with your response,
thanks for your time but not your help
duchie
Old 05-18-2012, 03:52 PM   #324
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchie
you may not make the refrig. but you put them in your product and make a profit off them when you sell the camper. if i buy a car and the ac doesnt work i dont contact the company who made the ac for the car company, the car dealer takes care of it.
I think your answer to me or any customer would not be considered good customer relations and i will contact forest river direct with your response,
thanks for your time but not your help
duchie
I think your comments are rude sorry.
If its under warranty call your dealer that's why you have it.

You cannot compare the auto industry with the rv industry.

Good luck
Old 05-18-2012, 03:56 PM   #325
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I also think sabre Sam was spot on.

Your fridge and many other installed appliances have seperate warranty from forest river .
Old 05-19-2012, 11:27 AM   #326
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurge1947

If you look a couple of posts back, you'll see that 1100turbo answered that the bedroom manual slide is in the driver side propane tank door. I looked and sure enough there itt is!
What you are looking at is the manual crank for the front electric jacks. The bed slide override is under the bed.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #327

Turbo
Lets say you need a new a\c for your house. The ac company buys many parts from other vendors, but if your ac quites working the company who you bought the ac from fixes it. They dont give you a bag of ice with a computor fan to blow over it.
Duchie
You think I am rude what does say for a company spokes person tell you dont bother him, you call his vendor and try to get it fixed instead of helping a customer.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #328
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchie
Turbo
Lets say you need a new a\c for your house. The ac company buys many parts from other vendors, but if your ac quites working the company who you bought the ac from fixes it. They dont give you a bag of ice with a computor fan to blow over it.
Duchie
You think I am rude what does say for a company spokes person tell you dont bother him, you call his vendor and try to get it fixed instead of helping a customer.
You have taught me a lesson. In the future I will always tell the customer to take his unit to an authorized dealer. Today I had a problem with my GM car. I called the GM dealer and he told me to bring it in. I couldn't believe he would give me instructions how to fix it myself. I then emailed the GM website. They wouldn't help me either. They told me to take it to my local dealer.

I thought you wanted to try and fix it yourself. So I thought you would get the quickest answers from Dometic.

I help customers on this forum on my own time. This is not a Forest River Website. I just happen to have some knowledge on Sabre and try to help. You can call the company and they will tell you the same thing. On one on this website has any obligation to answer any thread. The success of this forum has been from people understanding this is good people help good people. Forest River does not monitor this website and takes no obligation in addressing any threads. And I'm not saying that is good either.

Please take your unit to an authorized dealer and they will address your problem.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #329
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam

You have taught me a lesson. In the future I will always tell the customer to take his unit to an authorized dealer. Today I had a problem with my GM car. I called the GM dealer and he told me to bring it in. I couldn't believe he would give me instructions how to fix it myself. I then emailed the GM website. They wouldn't help me either. They told me to take it to my local dealer.

I thought you wanted to try and fix it yourself. So I thought you would get the quickest answers from Dometic.

I help customers on this forum on my own time. This is not a Forest River Website. I just happen to have some knowledge on Sabre and try to help. You can call the company and they will tell you the same thing. On one on this website has any obligation to answer any thread. The success of this forum has been from people understanding this is good people help good people. Forest River does not monitor this website and takes no obligation in addressing any threads. And I'm not saying that is good either.

Please take your unit to an authorized dealer and they will address your problem.
Sorry members, I didn't spell well from my phone. Correction;
1.the GM dealer "wouldn't" give me instructions
2." No" one on this website............
3. Good people "helping" good people.

That's what I meant to type.
Best wishes to all and good camping!
Old 05-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #330
Site Team

Let's take a minute and step back from the present discussion before any mud start flying. Keeping the FRF rules in mind there's a better way to communicate. Also already mentioned this site is not related to Forest River. All members are here volunteering feedback and comments.

We migh not be in agreement but we all need to play nice and by the site rules. As frustrating a problem with a refrigerator can be to deal with attacking another member will not be allowed.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Closed Thread

Tags
led pad