Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #331
Site Team - Lou

Sam,

I, and I believe most, appreciate the vendors who do participate is this forum.
We understand that you are in no way obligated to do so.

The "back door" access to the factory, however limited, can be worth diamonds when dealing with a sick camper.
Lou

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 05-19-2012, 05:30 PM   #332

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam View Post
...I help customers on this forum on my own time. This is not a Forest River Website. I just happen to have some knowledge on Sabre and try to help. ...
An many of us appreciate it, thank you SabreSam.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:12 PM   #333
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
I think your comments are rude sorry.
If its under warranty call your dealer that's why you have it.

You cannot compare the auto industry with the rv industry.

Good luck
this is so true. using this logic, if you buy a new house, equipped with new appliances and the fridge went out, would you go after the contractor? NO.

too many people assume the RV industry works like the auto industry. the only thing they have in common is they both use dealers that sells things with wheels.

outside of that, they are very different.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
Old 05-20-2012, 07:53 AM   #334

Thanks, everyone has an opinion and lot people agree with me and some dont. I think your missing the point,Iam not asking forest river to fix it unless its a problem that should addressed with Dometic which it looks like it might be. I have got emails from people who are installing computor fans inside the refrig and bigger fans on the top of refrig. Do you think people should have to install fans inside and outside to correct a problem that is caused by a vendor that they hire for their product. How many refrig. have you seen with fans stuck everywhere? No I dont think a contracator should take care of bad appliances but if he is contracting a certain company to put app. in and he is making a profit off those and they are bad and causing problems with alot of different people then he should get them to fix their problem or get new vendor because it is hurting his reputation and his business.
Did you ever try to prove who cause delamanation so you wouldnt have to pay thousands of dollars out of your pocket?

I have and it is tough,it kills the value of your rv .
Thanks for your input
Duchie
Old 05-20-2012, 11:09 AM   #335

Help removing kitchen drawer

SabreSam,
On our new 32 BHOK-6, the top drawer in the Galley won't close. It is on an angle (gap on left side when closed).
I tried to slide the drawer out, but I can't figure out how to release it from the rails.
Useful tidbits like this are conspicuously absent from the owners manual.

Help!

NeilM
Old 05-20-2012, 12:56 PM   #336
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchie View Post
Thanks, everyone has an opinion and lot people agree with me and some dont. I think your missing the point,Iam not asking forest river to fix it unless its a problem that should addressed with Dometic which it looks like it might be. I have got emails from people who are installing computor fans inside the refrig and bigger fans on the top of refrig. Do you think people should have to install fans inside and outside to correct a problem that is caused by a vendor that they hire for their product. How many refrig. have you seen with fans stuck everywhere? No I dont think a contracator should take care of bad appliances but if he is contracting a certain company to put app. in and he is making a profit off those and they are bad and causing problems with alot of different people then he should get them to fix their problem or get new vendor because it is hurting his reputation and his business.
Did you ever try to prove who cause delamanation so you wouldnt have to pay thousands of dollars out of your pocket?

Thanks for your input
Duchie
OK, now I'm confused. Do you feel that FR or Dometic should be fixing the problem?

I am sorry that you are going through this as I can understand how this problem can overshadow the *joy* value of your RV too. Is there a way to check out the Dometic in another unit to compare it to your fridge? What does your dealer stand on this issue?

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Old 05-20-2012, 01:07 PM   #337
Mod free 5er

Quote:

Thanks for your input
Duchie
Because there are only 2 mfgs of rv refrigerators and they both share the same systems and the same problems, the rv mfgs are pretty much limited and as such, have to address the problem the best they can. Don't see it as much of a problem to add a small computer fan to make both brands work better, but do we like to have to do it? No, it's just something we all have to deal with as adults. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #338

If takes fans to correct then forest river in connection with dometic should pay to fix. With all the technology it is hard to beleive they cant come with something better. As long as people pay for fans and what ever, it never effects the bottom line for companys therefore why fix it.
If you or I will sellling them something this bad they(forest river} would demand it gets fixed
Maybe it would not take aditional fans if a better more quite fan would fix it, installed by the manufacture,but no one is going to know as long we make our own lemanade.
Thanks
Duchie
Old 05-20-2012, 04:41 PM   #339
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
If takes fans to correct then forest river in connection with dometic should pay to fix. With all the technology it is hard to beleive they cant come with something better. As long as people pay for fans and what ever, it never effects the bottom line for companys therefore why fix it.
If you or I will sellling them something this bad they(forest river} would demand it gets fixed
Maybe it would not take aditional fans if a better more quite fan would fix it, installed by the manufacture,but no one is going to know as long we make our own lemanade.
Thanks
Duchie

OK, I would like to weigh in here.
I live in the North East and my Dometic Fridge works just fine as it is.

However, in the southwest US with direct sunlight on the side of the camper that has the fridge, The darn thing has to work its heart out to keep the box cool.

It is because of how it works. It is an evaporative cooler system.
The heat from the propane or 120 VAC electric element heats the liquid ammonia (or other liquid depending on the system) and boils. The vapor under pressure rises in the riser tubes and condenses in the cooling tubes and drains back into the flask.

In the hot sun, this process does not work near as well as in the shade or in cooler environments. Users have added "booster" fans for DECADES to improve air flow in the stack to keep the process going; when by rights it should shut down.

They make solar powered fans that go on the top (replacing the roof cover); they make fans that attach to the side cover plate; and fans that go inside. All to improve airflow when it gets real hot out.

This is No Ones fault. It is how the fridge works. If you want to make a fortune; invent one that cools and freezes that does not use propane or electric and you will get rich.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	yhst-17908773761865_2207_2374780.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	14172  

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 05-21-2012, 08:15 AM   #340

Missing the point. If it requires a fan then put a quality fan on it that doesnt sound like a electric drill running all night.I spent a week(first time I used it) where it was totaly shaded,Ididnt even put up the awning,temp avg'd 84 degrees and the fan ran 80 to 90 percent of the time.
Duchie

Tags
led pad