Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 09:13 AM   #341
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchie View Post
Missing the point. If it requires a fan then put a quality fan on it that doesnt sound like a electric drill running all night.I spent a week(first time I used it) where it was totaly shaded,Ididnt even put up the awning,temp avg'd 84 degrees and the fan ran 80 to 90 percent of the time.
Duchie

Are you sure it was the fridge? My converter is under the fridge and it has a large fan. My Dometic is pretty quiet.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 05-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #342
Here to Help

Drawer Guide Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilM108 View Post
SabreSam,
On our new 32 BHOK-6, the top drawer in the Galley won't close. It is on an angle (gap on left side when closed).
I tried to slide the drawer out, but I can't figure out how to release it from the rails.
Useful tidbits like this are conspicuously absent from the owners manual.

Help!

NeilM
Dear NeilM,
The attached picture is a drawer guide that is not mounted on a drawer. Notice the black plastic lever. You should see one of these on each side of the drawer when you have it pulled out. On one side you will need to press this lever down, and on the other side press it up. This should release the drawer. You can then inspect the guides and see what is going on.
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-05-21 15.08.38.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	14232

Old 05-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #343

Drawer not aligned

SabreSam,
Thanks for the photo. It worked.
I've attached a picture of the drawer looking down. you can see the gap (a little more than 3/8") on the left side.

To me, it looks like the drawer guides are not perpendicular. I'm 400 miles from the selling dealer and 75 miles from the closest Forest River dealer. Is the backplane (that the guides attach to) screwed and glued or just screwed?

Neil
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0049.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	14283  
Old 05-22-2012, 10:24 PM   #344

Re attaching PinBox Cover

SabreSam,

My dealer had to remove the white plastic pinbox cover when they installed a new pin box upgrade on my 32 RCTS. I would like to re-attach it myself, but the mounting holes no long align properly due to the new pin box being shaped slightly different. I can hit one existing screw hole on each side, but I would like to add a couple more on each side. It looks like the self tapping scews go through the plastic and tap into the pin box mounting frame.

Do u think it would be ok to add a couple of "new" holes on each side. I don't want to hit anything nor do I want to weaken anything critical..

Thanks
Old 05-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #345
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilM108 View Post
SabreSam,
Thanks for the photo. It worked.
I've attached a picture of the drawer looking down. you can see the gap (a little more than 3/8") on the left side.

To me, it looks like the drawer guides are not perpendicular. I'm 400 miles from the selling dealer and 75 miles from the closest Forest River dealer. Is the backplane (that the guides attach to) screwed and glued or just screwed?

Neil
Dear Customer,
the support for the guides is screwed. The guide may have shifted or even cracked. Let me know if I can be more help.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #346
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimchaSabre View Post
SabreSam,

My dealer had to remove the white plastic pinbox cover when they installed a new pin box upgrade on my 32 RCTS. I would like to re-attach it myself, but the mounting holes no long align properly due to the new pin box being shaped slightly different. I can hit one existing screw hole on each side, but I would like to add a couple more on each side. It looks like the self tapping scews go through the plastic and tap into the pin box mounting frame.

Do u think it would be ok to add a couple of "new" holes on each side. I don't want to hit anything nor do I want to weaken anything critical..

Thanks
I don't want to guide you wrong, so I have a question. Are you wanting to drill more holes in the extended king pin or more holes upward (under the king pin, upwards toward bedroom floor)? You should be able to trim the cover if needed.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #347

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam View Post
Dear Customer,
the support for the guides is screwed. The guide may have shifted or even cracked. Let me know if I can be more help.
It is firmly affixed at the wrong spot. Nothing is broken or cracked. I will move it. Thanks for your help.

NeilM
Old 05-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #348

Quote:
I don't want to guide you wrong, so I have a question. Are you wanting to drill more holes in the extended king pin or more holes upward (under the king pin, upwards toward bedroom floor)? You should be able to trim the cover if needed.
More holes upward into the bedroom floor. It looks like I'd be drilling through the bracket that the Pin box bolts to.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:40 PM   #349
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimchaSabre View Post
More holes upward into the bedroom floor. It looks like I'd be drilling through the bracket that the Pin box bolts to.
You should be fine. Try to use short screws. Predrill holes in the cover if needed. Don't just put a screw through the plastic, predrill a little bigger hole so the cover has a little room to grow in the hot and cold.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #350

Quote:
You should be fine. Try to use short screws. Predrill holes in the cover if needed. Don't just put a screw through the plastic, predrill a little bigger hole so the cover has a little room to grow in the hot and cold.

I hadn't thought about enlarging the holes in the cover. Thanx SS

Closed Thread

Tags
led pad