Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 10:47 PM   #641
phat phrog stunt crew

i was going to suggest bead blasting and powder coating, but turbo beat me to it.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #642
Always Learning

Sigh, me again... 2 more things:

1) where in the world is my battery? When I look in the front hatch in the basement and look right, there is a sticker about the color wires to the battery, but there's no actual sign of the battery itself. I've looked in the basement and both propane areas. The only place that I didn't look is down where the spare tire is. Is it down there? And is there a battery disconnect from the factory?

Second (yeah, I know technically third- but who's counting?)... has to do with propane. Which is the primary tank? (driver's side or passenger side) And, how do I know which tank is currently in use? And, is there an easy way of knowing current propane levels?

Ok. A bunch of questions about two topics, at least.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:45 PM   #643

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

1) where in the world is my battery? When I look in the front hatch in the basement and look right, there is a sticker about the color wires to the battery, but there's no actual sign of the battery itself. I've looked in the basement and both propane areas. The only place that I didn't look is down where the spare tire is. Is it down there? And is there a battery disconnect from the factory?

Second (yeah, I know technically third- but who's counting?)... has to do with propane. Which is the primary tank? (driver's side or passenger side) And, how do I know which tank is currently in use? And, is there an easy way of knowing current propane levels?

Battery should be to the right of the spare tire area, under the lift off cover. The battery case hangs down on the right of the front of the trailer.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #644

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

No battery disconnect from the factory. We had the dealer install one after delivery. Ret 2006 answered the location.

You designate the primary tank by flipping the switch above the tank on the passenger side (on ours). If you point the switch to the tank, that's the one you are using. When you point it the other way, it is the tank on the drivers side. No way of telling the level unless you install a meter on your own. We used the same kind that we bought for our outdoor grill.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:52 AM   #645

To check the level of LP, pour hot water down the side of the tank. You can usually see some condensate difference. If not, feel the tank. LP is cool and the tank will feel coldest up to the level where the propane is.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:42 AM   #646
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad

Something I do to check propane levels ( don't do often as I have a feel of when the tank is getting low), take the empty weight of your tank as speced by the manufacturer , weigh your tank on a common home scale and compare he two numbers.
Kinda crude but accurate

Old 08-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #647
Site Team - Lou

Due to size, this thread is CLOSED

Click here: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ost-28599.html for Sabre Sam.
Closed Thread

Tags
led pad