Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 12:43 AM   #401
Site Team
 
Terier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNY Family View Post
Sabre Sam and/or others:

We are looking to purchase a TT sometime in the coming months. Because of our family makeup and certain mandatory features (Outside kitchen, bunks, real door on the bedrooms) it has severly limited our field of choices! But what remains are:

Keystone Cougar Xlite 32RBK
Dutchmen Aspen Trail 3010 BHDS Both a Thor Company
&
Palomino Sabre Silhouette 310 BHOK

The Keystone was our favorite. It looks great, awesome features, etc...but after lurking in the fourms there were alot of bad stories, bad support, and no parrts avaiable...so we started to look at the Palamino. The fourms seem to have less horror stories, better support, etc??

We are going to the RVshow in Rochester, NY this weekend. There will be all three brands there! Hopefully our floorplans too?? But anyway we are gonna kick the tires, have a look around, lookk in the nooks and cranies, on top, under, etc... SabreSam, you know anyone (reps) that will be there?

So one question is this: I want to get the best price possible. I look on RV Trader and in the northeast and southeast reagion, I see prices from $28.5 up to $36K I would be willing to drive from here to Fl to get that $28-29K price. I just cant find a reason to pay mid 30's here and pay $8K less somewhere else? Am I missing something here? I assume I can get warranty work (if needed) anywhere sabres are sold here?

Just looking for a quality built unit at a fair price.

Thanks All!
You may want to wait for some feedback on this issue as it has been discussed more than once. Some members had no problems getting service done while others ran into problems buying it at one place and expecting to get it serviced locally.

I do understand where you are coming from with the pricing issue. The RV show is a good way to comparison shop - floorplans, prices and choices. Have fun at the RV show!
__________________

__________________
Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline  
Old 06-15-2012, 06:32 AM   #402
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNY Family View Post
So one question is this: I want to get the best price possible. I look on RV Trader and in the northeast and southeast reagion, I see prices from $28.5 up to $36K I would be willing to drive from here to Fl to get that $28-29K price. I just cant find a reason to pay mid 30's here and pay $8K less somewhere else? Am I missing something here? I assume I can get warranty work (if needed) anywhere sabres are sold here?

Just looking for a quality built unit at a fair price.

Thanks All!
How can one dealer sell for so much cheaper?

Start reading here.

And

Confessions of a Car Salesman - Edmunds.com

Here
__________________

__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline  
Old 06-22-2012, 06:45 AM   #403
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3
Herk,

After reading the link you provided, it sounds like it really pays to shop around!!!

I know I will be! I knew I was not in that "20%" group!!!

Thanks for the link
__________________
WNY Family is offline  
Old 06-22-2012, 09:40 AM   #404
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,158
Depending on the value of the RV, and if it is financed, the difference between shopping around and buying at the first place you stop could be a year's pay.
__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 12:32 AM   #405
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Central, PA
Posts: 35
Bedroom TV mounting

My 2013 Sabre 32 RLTS was delivered today. I stopped for a quick check. Now can I put a TV mount on the bedroom wall above the dresser ? The wall felt really solid in that area like it was built for this ?
__________________
jiggerk is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 07:07 AM   #406
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggerk
My 2013 Sabre 32 RLTS was delivered today. I stopped for a quick check. Now can I put a TV mount on the bedroom wall above the dresser ? The wall felt really solid in that area like it was built for this ?
"Normally " there's a sticker that says (put tv mount here).
If not your on your own.
Install at your own risk if you will.
I just set mine on the dresser.
__________________
TURBS is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #407
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
"Normally " there's a sticker that says (put tv mount here).
If not your on your own.
Install at your own risk if you will.
I just set mine on the dresser.

Ours sits on the dresser too.
__________________
Wiscampsin is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 03:17 PM   #408
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Texas
Posts: 10
Need Warranty Repair

SabreSam,

I need warranty repair to a commode in my Sabre Silhouette which is still under warranty. From what I can tell the broken part cannot be replaced, and the whole commode will have to be replaced. The dealer I bought from is two hours away. I have a local Forest River dealer, but not with Palomino. Local dealer said I will have to pay for the repair, and then submit for reimbursement through the Palomino dealer or through Palomino. Of course I knew the risks of not buying locally, and I can go through the Palomino dealer to have the work done, but I would like to have it done locally if possible. Is there anyway I can get a guarantee through Palomino to get reimbursed, or what are my options? Thanks for any help you can provide.
__________________
2007 GMC 2500 Duramax Classic
2012 Sabre Silhouette 300BHDS
West Texan is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 08:11 PM   #409
Here to Help
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Texan
SabreSam,

I need warranty repair to a commode in my Sabre Silhouette which is still under warranty. From what I can tell the broken part cannot be replaced, and the whole commode will have to be replaced. The dealer I bought from is two hours away. I have a local Forest River dealer, but not with Palomino. Local dealer said I will have to pay for the repair, and then submit for reimbursement through the Palomino dealer or through Palomino. Of course I knew the risks of not buying locally, and I can go through the Palomino dealer to have the work done, but I would like to have it done locally if possible. Is there anyway I can get a guarantee through Palomino to get reimbursed, or what are my options? Thanks for any help you can provide.
Dear Customer
Please send me a private message with your full name, last six digits of your vin and the local dealers name. Also a phone number to contact you. I will then try to get all the parties together to get this handled.
__________________
SabreSam is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 07:26 AM   #410
Here to Help
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggerk View Post
My 2013 Sabre 32 RLTS was delivered today. I stopped for a quick check. Now can I put a TV mount on the bedroom wall above the dresser ? The wall felt really solid in that area like it was built for this ?
Dear Customer,
There is a TV swivel bracket that you can purchase through a Sabre dealer. The part number is 30I26514A. This bracket will accommodate a 24" TV. It mounts in the corner where the front wardrobe meets the sidewall. Any TV larger than 24" should be placed on the dresser. I hope that helps.
__________________

__________________
SabreSam is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
led pad

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 AM.