Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 12:43 AM   #401
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNY Family View Post
Sabre Sam and/or others:

We are looking to purchase a TT sometime in the coming months. Because of our family makeup and certain mandatory features (Outside kitchen, bunks, real door on the bedrooms) it has severly limited our field of choices! But what remains are:

Keystone Cougar Xlite 32RBK
Dutchmen Aspen Trail 3010 BHDS Both a Thor Company
&
Palomino Sabre Silhouette 310 BHOK

The Keystone was our favorite. It looks great, awesome features, etc...but after lurking in the fourms there were alot of bad stories, bad support, and no parrts avaiable...so we started to look at the Palamino. The fourms seem to have less horror stories, better support, etc??

We are going to the RVshow in Rochester, NY this weekend. There will be all three brands there! Hopefully our floorplans too?? But anyway we are gonna kick the tires, have a look around, lookk in the nooks and cranies, on top, under, etc... SabreSam, you know anyone (reps) that will be there?

So one question is this: I want to get the best price possible. I look on RV Trader and in the northeast and southeast reagion, I see prices from $28.5 up to $36K I would be willing to drive from here to Fl to get that $28-29K price. I just cant find a reason to pay mid 30's here and pay $8K less somewhere else? Am I missing something here? I assume I can get warranty work (if needed) anywhere sabres are sold here?

Just looking for a quality built unit at a fair price.

Thanks All!
You may want to wait for some feedback on this issue as it has been discussed more than once. Some members had no problems getting service done while others ran into problems buying it at one place and expecting to get it serviced locally.

I do understand where you are coming from with the pricing issue. The RV show is a good way to comparison shop - floorplans, prices and choices. Have fun at the RV show!

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Old 06-15-2012, 06:32 AM   #402
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNY Family View Post
So one question is this: I want to get the best price possible. I look on RV Trader and in the northeast and southeast reagion, I see prices from $28.5 up to $36K I would be willing to drive from here to Fl to get that $28-29K price. I just cant find a reason to pay mid 30's here and pay $8K less somewhere else? Am I missing something here? I assume I can get warranty work (if needed) anywhere sabres are sold here?

Just looking for a quality built unit at a fair price.

Thanks All!
How can one dealer sell for so much cheaper?

Start reading here.

And

Confessions of a Car Salesman - Edmunds.com

Here

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 06-22-2012, 06:45 AM   #403

Herk,

After reading the link you provided, it sounds like it really pays to shop around!!!

I know I will be! I knew I was not in that "20%" group!!!

Thanks for the link
Old 06-22-2012, 09:40 AM   #404
Site Team - Lou

Depending on the value of the RV, and if it is financed, the difference between shopping around and buying at the first place you stop could be a year's pay.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 06-26-2012, 12:32 AM   #405

Bedroom TV mounting

My 2013 Sabre 32 RLTS was delivered today. I stopped for a quick check. Now can I put a TV mount on the bedroom wall above the dresser ? The wall felt really solid in that area like it was built for this ?
Old 06-26-2012, 07:07 AM   #406
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggerk
My 2013 Sabre 32 RLTS was delivered today. I stopped for a quick check. Now can I put a TV mount on the bedroom wall above the dresser ? The wall felt really solid in that area like it was built for this ?
"Normally " there's a sticker that says (put tv mount here).
If not your on your own.
Install at your own risk if you will.
I just set mine on the dresser.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #407

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
"Normally " there's a sticker that says (put tv mount here).
If not your on your own.
Install at your own risk if you will.
I just set mine on the dresser.

Ours sits on the dresser too.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:17 PM   #408

Need Warranty Repair

SabreSam,

I need warranty repair to a commode in my Sabre Silhouette which is still under warranty. From what I can tell the broken part cannot be replaced, and the whole commode will have to be replaced. The dealer I bought from is two hours away. I have a local Forest River dealer, but not with Palomino. Local dealer said I will have to pay for the repair, and then submit for reimbursement through the Palomino dealer or through Palomino. Of course I knew the risks of not buying locally, and I can go through the Palomino dealer to have the work done, but I would like to have it done locally if possible. Is there anyway I can get a guarantee through Palomino to get reimbursed, or what are my options? Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:11 PM   #409
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Texan
SabreSam,

I need warranty repair to a commode in my Sabre Silhouette which is still under warranty. From what I can tell the broken part cannot be replaced, and the whole commode will have to be replaced. The dealer I bought from is two hours away. I have a local Forest River dealer, but not with Palomino. Local dealer said I will have to pay for the repair, and then submit for reimbursement through the Palomino dealer or through Palomino. Of course I knew the risks of not buying locally, and I can go through the Palomino dealer to have the work done, but I would like to have it done locally if possible. Is there anyway I can get a guarantee through Palomino to get reimbursed, or what are my options? Thanks for any help you can provide.
Dear Customer
Please send me a private message with your full name, last six digits of your vin and the local dealers name. Also a phone number to contact you. I will then try to get all the parties together to get this handled.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:26 AM   #410
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggerk View Post
Dear Customer,
There is a TV swivel bracket that you can purchase through a Sabre dealer. The part number is 30I26514A. This bracket will accommodate a 24" TV. It mounts in the corner where the front wardrobe meets the sidewall. Any TV larger than 24" should be placed on the dresser. I hope that helps.

Tags
led pad