Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam View Post
Dear Customer,
the following website does have information about removing scratches in the countertops.

Consumer Cleaning, Care & Repair

SabreSam,

Thanks for sharing the LG Website. We're dealling with a number of scratches & rough edges ourselves. (Our dealer is still negotiating warranty terms with FR.)

We're looking through our stack of "owners stuff" we got when we took delivery and can not find anything on the LG countertop.

Could you provide the exact LG product description/ color that was installed in our Sabre. Was there supposed to be Owners maintence info included and if so could we get a copy of that as well

Thanks

Old 08-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #562

Cabinet Door Glass Cracked and Drape Hook

Hi Sabre Sam,

Just returned yesterday from a 3 week trip through the interior of BC and Waterton (CDN side of Glacier) National Park. Trailed worked like a champ with no "major" issues.

I have a 2012 320FQDS.

There were 2 minor issues (which is pretty good since I covered 2K miles over some rough roads)

1. The glass overhead sofa cabinet door fell out of the frame and cracked. Looked like the glue came loose. I have a glue gun and see how to install new glass, but I need some replacement glass that matches the décor of the trailer. Please see these pictures.

2. The shower door came loose. The machine screw at the top of the shower came out of the door - the flange that the screw goes into is stripped. The self tapping machine screw is circled in yellow. I bought some machine nuts and bolts and will attempt a repair. Has anyone else had this issue?

3. My drape hook broke last fall. This is the one that holds the drapes on the rear window of the trailer. it should curve around where I've highlighted in yellow, but is broken. As such the curtains don't hold on.

SabreSam - would it be possible to send a replacement glass and the drape hook?

We are very impressed with the trailer thus far and all the issues we are having a really minor cosmetic issues that I think every trailer would have.

Best Regards,
James Braum

Old 08-05-2012, 10:08 AM   #563
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambr403
Hi Sabre Sam,

Just returned yesterday from a 3 week trip through the interior of BC and Waterton (CDN side of Glacier) National Park. Trailed worked like a champ with no "major" issues.

I have a 2012 320FQDS.

There were 2 minor issues (which is pretty good since I covered 2K miles over some rough roads)

1. The glass overhead sofa cabinet door fell out of the frame and cracked. Looked like the glue came loose. I have a glue gun and see how to install new glass, but I need some replacement glass that matches the décor of the trailer. Please see these pictures.

2. The shower door came loose. The machine screw at the top of the shower came out of the door - the flange that the screw goes into is stripped. The self tapping machine screw is circled in yellow. I bought some machine nuts and bolts and will attempt a repair. Has anyone else had this issue?

3. My drape hook broke last fall. This is the one that holds the drapes on the rear window of the trailer. it should curve around where I've highlighted in yellow, but is broken. As such the curtains don't hold on.

SabreSam - would it be possible to send a replacement glass and the drape hook?

We are very impressed with the trailer thus far and all the issues we are having a really minor cosmetic issues that I think every trailer would have.

Best Regards,
James Braum
Please send me your vin number, address, phone number.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #564
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimchaSabre View Post
SabreSam,

Thanks for sharing the LG Website. We're dealling with a number of scratches & rough edges ourselves. (Our dealer is still negotiating warranty terms with FR.)

We're looking through our stack of "owners stuff" we got when we took delivery and can not find anything on the LG countertop.

Could you provide the exact LG product description/ color that was installed in our Sabre. Was there supposed to be Owners maintence info included and if so could we get a copy of that as well

Thanks
Dear Customer,
I will get you the product description from LG. There is no owners info included with our units.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #565
Fulltime family RVer

My wife was pulling in the bedroom slide and something happened with a laundry basket, a box and well - one of the mirrors in the bedroom broke. I assume this is some kind of safety glass. Is this something that I can buy locally and replace with a piece of mirror myself? Or, should I have a Sabre dealer order the specific mirror used from the original build?
Old 08-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #566
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad
My wife was pulling in the bedroom slide and something happened with a laundry basket, a box and well - one of the mirrors in the bedroom broke. I assume this is some kind of safety glass. Is this something that I can buy locally and replace with a piece of mirror myself? Or, should I have a Sabre dealer order the specific mirror used from the original build?
You can buy locally
Old 08-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #567
Fulltime family RVer

I figured - does anyone know if there is a spec or standard that has to be met to be safe for use in a mobile (e.g. RV) application?
Old 08-08-2012, 01:34 PM   #568

In my last TT we had a full length mirror (not safety glass) installed on a closet door and had no issues. Many mirrors today aren't really glass anyway, they are some variation of plastic. That should work well with both weight and safety concerns.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:44 PM   #569

In the near future, I am anticipating a purchase of a Winegard Carryout Portable Satellite Antenna. I want to be able to watch satellite tv in both the bedroom and the living area. The Sabre is prewired for satellite but I am not sure how/where the wires go. Although the Winegard supports 2 receivers, I will likely use only one and either move the receiver from room to room or better yet, have the bedroom TV watch the same channel as the living area.

What I need to know is if the satellite prep extends to the bedroom, if I need to run a seperate wire to the bedroom, or if I should just use a splitter (post receiver) to send signal to the bedroom. Does anyone know how this is wired or how it works?

I had a dealer installed Winegard roof mount on my last TT and it had two different "satellite in" leads- one in the front of the TT and one in the rear.

edited to add:
I have a 2011 Sabre 31RLDS
Old 08-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #570

Looking thru my manuals I can not find what the amps are on any of my appliances.
fireplace-a\c -micro-ref.-tv-fan. I have a 2012 34reqs sabre. Am I looking in the wrong plaace or dont they tell you.
Duchie

Tags
led pad