Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #601
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
As Sam said look at the distance between my bumper and wall
I have a 2012 320FQDS and there is not enough on mine, besides the fact that the bumper extension are tack welded in 2 spots on each side of the extensions and I wouldn't trust for the extra weight.
__________________

__________________
2007 GMC 3500 CCLB 6.6 Duramax
2012 Sabre 320 FQDS
GSS0816 is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #602
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 27
Sam, My jackknife sofa in the bunk room of my trailer keeps coming loose from the floor. The original screws were only drywall size screws and was on each corner(4), I replaced them with heavier wood wood screws and they too have pulled out. Can you tell me how thick the floors are and maybe a better way to secure the sofa. Thanks Steve
__________________

__________________
2007 GMC 3500 CCLB 6.6 Duramax
2012 Sabre 320 FQDS
GSS0816 is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #603
Here to Help
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSS0816 View Post
Sam, My jackknife sofa in the bunk room of my trailer keeps coming loose from the floor. The original screws were only drywall size screws and was on each corner(4), I replaced them with heavier wood wood screws and they too have pulled out. Can you tell me how thick the floors are and maybe a better way to secure the sofa. Thanks Steve
Dear Customer,
Please double check me on this, but I beleive that if you open your front storage door and look up, that should be the floor you are screwing into. You might consider drilling holes and adding a bolt with washers on both sides. Please keep in mind that this is only a suggestion. I can't confirm that this will work. If your unit is still under warranty, I would have a dealer look into it.
__________________
SabreSam is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 12:16 AM   #604
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 36
Received the replacement glass and drape hooks. Thank you very much Sabre Sam for shipping the parts so quickly.
__________________
Jambr403 is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 12:21 AM   #605
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 36
It never ends....

Tuesday evening we had a significant hail storm here in Calgary, AB, Canada. All 4 of my vent covers broke and incredibly there was no other damage.

Unit is a 2012 Sabre 320 FQDS.

I believe the Camco 40158 RV Vent Cover will work.

I was wondering if you can tell me what part I need? I can't see a model number on the existing covers although I see they are manufactured by Heng Industries.

Sincerely,
James Braum
__________________
Jambr403 is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 05:49 AM   #606
Here to Help
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambr403
It never ends....

Tuesday evening we had a significant hail storm here in Calgary, AB, Canada. All 4 of my vent covers broke and incredibly there was no other damage.

Unit is a 2012 Sabre 320 FQDS.

I believe the Camco 40158 RV Vent Cover will work.

I was wondering if you can tell me what part I need? I can't see a model number on the existing covers although I see they are manufactured by Heng Industries.

Sincerely,
James Braum
Dear customer
Are you asking me for a sabre part number? It might be easier to purchase from a local dealer or camper website.
__________________
SabreSam is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 07:45 AM   #607
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,336
Camco replacements should work fine.
Do yourself a favor and invest in max air II
Vent covers while your at it.
You will be leased you did.
Ron

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/r...ent-covers.jpg
__________________
TURBS is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #608
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 36
Yes, I'm looking for a Sabre part number if you happen to have that info available. Thanks!
__________________
Jambr403 is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #609
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 36
Yes, thanks for the Max Air Vent Cover suggestion. I always wondered why people had those installed on their RV's thinking they looked kinda cool, but I saw no fault in the existing vents... until hail strikes! Trying to decide what color would be best. The translucent or smoked?
__________________
Jambr403 is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 10:46 AM   #610
Here to Help
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambr403
Yes, I'm looking for a Sabre part number if you happen to have that info available. Thanks!
Sabre only sells the entire vent to dealers. If covers are only needed, most dealers order them elsewhere. i would try the link the other member provided.
__________________

__________________
SabreSam is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
led pad

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 AM.