Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 10:10 AM   #631
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Yeah but ur half blind !
Only blind in one eye and can't see out of the other! And, I do my best work in the dark

Old 08-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #632

Just imagine how handy it is to look in your rear view mirror and know if your rig is level or not. Sometimes, just by pulling ahead or backing up just a few inches is adequate to change the level. There is one spot we go every year that is very unlevel. I can tell by looking at the front mounted level excatly how many boards and blocks it will take (usually at least 4 boards high).

Old 08-21-2012, 10:16 AM   #633
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by awjoker
Just imagine how handy it is to look in your rear view mirror and know if your rig is level or not. Sometimes, just by pulling ahead or backing up just a few inches is adequate to change the level. There is one spot we go every year that is very unlevel. I can tell by looking at the front mounted level excatly how many boards and blocks it will take (usually at least 4 boards high).
Good idea .
But then I would use what blindy (dunnnc) uses .
His level is removable.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #634
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Good idea .
But then I would use what blindy (dunnnc) uses .
His level is removable.
It is removable, but not very easily. Sure comes in handy when parking as awjoker says. Also find it interesting to see how unlevel the highways are while driving.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:35 AM   #635

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
It is removable, but not very easily. Sure comes in handy when parking as awjoker says. Also find it interesting to see how unlevel the highways are while driving.
It's funny that you say that. I often find myself watching the level in the mirror as I drive down the road.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #636

Funny thing is we had one of the big ones but on ours by the dealer. I guess when he said that he would install it, we should have asked if he would do it leveled. Took it out to the first camping trip and guess what- definitely wasn't level! Go figure.

FRF & FROG member
Rallies 12 & 13, Cherry Blossom 13, Branson 13... More to come!
Old 08-23-2012, 11:10 PM   #637

Rusting Bike Rack

SabreSam,

Our bike rake is starting to rust inside the channels. The center channels that are verticle when in the up position show it the most, but it is in several places and is getting worse.

We were wondering if there was suppose to be some sort of rust prevention treatment step that was missed at the time of production or are we on our own.

Is there a procedure that you could recomend that we could use to remove the rust and prevent it from re-occuring.

Thanks
Old 08-23-2012, 11:14 PM   #638
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimchaSabre
SabreSam,

Our bike rake is starting to rust inside the channels. The center channels that are verticle when in the up position show it the most, but it is in several places and is getting worse.

We were wondering if there was suppose to be some sort of rust prevention treatment step that was missed at the time of production or are we on our own.

Is there a procedure that you could recomend that we could use to remove the rust and prevent it from re-occuring.

Thanks
Funny you say that ........
Mines doing the same .
Albeit surface rust I think I'm going to take mine off this winter and scotch brite it
And use some etching primer and repaint.

Mines about 3 weeks out of warranty .
Old 08-23-2012, 11:32 PM   #639

Smile Bike rack rust

Agreed that it is probably surface rust, but does look bad. We got ours the end of May and the rust was already there. At the Rally, they were nice enough to replace with a new one, but that also had the surface rust.

We too are going to pull it off before winter, sand it down and use a rustoleum in a mat finish chrome. Think that's about the only way to keep it off.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:39 PM   #640
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkumm
Agreed that it is probably surface rust, but does look bad. We got ours the end of May and the rust was already there. At the Rally, they were nice enough to replace with a new one, but that also had the surface rust.

We too are going to pull it off before winter, sand it down and use a rustoleum in a mat finish chrome. Think that's about the only way to keep it off.
I might even have the neighbor powder coat it and be done with it .

Tags
led pad