Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 09:53 PM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtofish View Post
Sabresam

I have a 2012 Sabre 25rfld. The furnace will not turn on when I tested it this fall. I have lp (checked with stove). Fuse is good. I have checked it 3 times. First time it finally kicked on after about 10 minutes. Second time about a week later, it started right away. Yesterday it did not turn on. Anything I can check? I don't mind working on it. My dealer is about an hour drive away. Thanks.
Make sure your batteries are charged up, you need 12 volts for the furnace to work, its a safety thing
Old 01-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #142

Sam, we have owned a 31 RETS-6 for almost 2 years now and find it just great for escaping the winter for 4 months. I wonder if you could tell me the part number for the plastic strap that supports the wiring harness under the Sofa / Dining Area slide-out. This broke fairly early-on and I have had no luck getting the dealer to find one and / or fix it.

Wooly
Old 01-20-2012, 05:49 PM   #143

Hi SabreSam. We are seriously considering purchase of a Sabre 32QBTS. I know one other owner who ordered from the factory with a full length wardrobe in the bunk room instead of the eat & play. The dealer I am talking to said this is not an option. Do you know if it is or not?

And will there be any changes to the Sabre 32QBTS for 2013? Really looking at a different set up in the bunk room for storage. We want/need to floor space & storage space.

Thanks so much!
Old 01-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #144
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by wechoosethislife
Hi SabreSam. We are seriously considering purchase of a Sabre 32QBTS. I know one other owner who ordered from the factory with a full length wardrobe in the bunk room instead of the eat & play. The dealer I am talking to said this is not an option. Do you know if it is or not?

And will there be any changes to the Sabre 32QBTS for 2013? Really looking at a different set up in the bunk room for storage. We want/need to floor space & storage space.

Thanks so much!

Dear customer,
I am currently at a RV show in Lansing. The unit you reference might have been a special build. I will need to check with our production. I will get back to you next week.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #145
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooly
Sam, we have owned a 31 RETS-6 for almost 2 years now and find it just great for escaping the winter for 4 months. I wonder if you could tell me the part number for the plastic strap that supports the wiring harness under the Sofa / Dining Area slide-out. This broke fairly early-on and I have had no luck getting the dealer to find one and / or fix it.

Wooly
Dear Sabre Owner,
Please send me a private message with your full name, address, and last seven digits of your vin number.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #146
ajh

shower

how do you access plumbing under shower on 05 georgetown xl 37.5 ft with separate bath
Old 01-22-2012, 12:04 AM   #147

Thank you Sabre Sam for sending the replacement vent cover. You went over and beyond the call of duty and we greatly appreciate it.
Happy camper,
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambr403 View Post
Hi SabreSam,

I'm a proud owner of a new 2012 FQDS320 - purchased new in July 2011. My family and I love the unit and it's been trouble free for us.

A month or so ago we had a massive wind storm up here in Calgary, AB, Canada. Did $200M damage to the city. I got an email from the operator of the storage facility to come over and check out my unit. Things weren't looking good when I spotted a semi flipped over onto it's side close to the entrance of the storage yard. Anyway, the trailer survived. The wind put lots of stress on the landing gear, but they still appear to operate fine. Just a few days ago I went back to look at my trailer, climbed up on the roof, and noticed what appears to be a missing vent cover right at the back edge of the unit in the middle of the roof. Can you comment on that? Perhaps you can PM and I can email you some images.

Best Regards,
James Braum
Old 01-22-2012, 08:26 PM   #148

Wife and I took delivery of our 2012 34REQS-6 last Tuesday and are loving it! We came out of 2008 Cougar 31' TT. I'm hoping SabreSam can tell me the height of my camper. The Sabre website has every measurement but height. The dealer didn't have the info and said Sabre doesn't publish the data because of the two wheel/tire options??? I emailed Sabre Customer Service a week ago but haven't heard anything from them. Anyway, I have the 16" wheel/tire option and dual AC. Any help is appreciated.
2011 F-250 CC/SB/6.2L Gas/2X
Nights Camped 2012 = 14
Old 01-23-2012, 10:19 AM   #149
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by westyguy View Post
Wife and I took delivery of our 2012 34REQS-6 last Tuesday and are loving it! We came out of 2008 Cougar 31' TT. I'm hoping SabreSam can tell me the height of my camper. The Sabre website has every measurement but height. The dealer didn't have the info and said Sabre doesn't publish the data because of the two wheel/tire options??? I emailed Sabre Customer Service a week ago but haven't heard anything from them. Anyway, I have the 16" wheel/tire option and dual AC. Any help is appreciated.
Dear Sir,
The plant is telling me your unit measures approx. 13'2" with the second AC installed. I hope that helps.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #150

Dear SabreSam,

It does indeed. Thanks much.
Nights Camped 2012 = 14
Old 01-23-2012, 04:10 PM   #151
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by wechoosethislife View Post

Thanks so much!
Dear Customer,
Our Production Manager did build a 32QBTS with a custom rear cabinet. I'm willing to do the same for you. I will send you a PM with my office number so we can discuss the possible dimentions of that cabinet.

Thanks
Old 01-24-2012, 10:50 AM   #152

I'm new to this and apologize in advance if this is not the right place to ask question.

Dear SabreSam,

I've just read a lengthly exchange regarding the use of Calgon and laundry detergent in the grey and black tanks. There seems to be some merit to making the interior of the tanks "slick". Does Sabre have an opinion? Does anyone know of any issues with these "chemicals" having a negative effect on the plastics the tanks and lines are made from? Thanks in advance and, again, sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask this question.
Nights Camped 2012 = 14
Old 01-24-2012, 03:16 PM   #153
Here to Help

Quote:
I'm new to this and apologize in advance if this is not the right place to ask question.

Dear SabreSam,

I've just read a lengthly exchange regarding the use of Calgon and laundry detergent in the grey and black tanks. There seems to be some merit to making the interior of the tanks "slick". Does Sabre have an opinion? Does anyone know of any issues with these "chemicals" having a negative effect on the plastics the tanks and lines are made from? Thanks in advance and, again, sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask this question.
Dear Customer,
I will contact the company that makes our tanks and ask. If I understand correctly, you feel these "chemicals" will leave a residue in the tank that would cause "stuff" to exit the tank better. Is that correct?
Old 01-24-2012, 04:01 PM   #154

Does the Columbus Palomino 2012 have "house batteries"?

(Palomino Pal suggested that you might be able to better answer this question)

My wife and I saw the new Columbus Palomino 2012 at an RV show and loved it! We do have some questions...

First up, does it have house batteries to power lights when not connected to AC? If so, what are the specs? Battery type and/or Amp Hours.

Thanks in Advance!
-Ken
Old 01-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #155

That seems to be what many on the comments on the related thread indicate.
Nights Camped 2012 = 14
Old 01-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #156
Here to Help

Columbus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogz View Post
(Palomino Pal suggested that you might be able to better answer this question)

My wife and I saw the new Columbus Palomino 2012 at an RV show and loved it! We do have some questions...

First up, does it have house batteries to power lights when not connected to AC? If so, what are the specs? Battery type and/or Amp Hours.

Thanks in Advance!
-Ken
Dear Customer,
I'm sorry but the Columbus product is handled by a seperate division of Forest River. You'll need to contact the selling dealer with your questions. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #157

Quote:

Dear SabreSam,

Can't be any worse than sticking nasty toilet chemicals in your tanks. Laundry detergent and Calgon have been around for ages and both are safe for septic systems (including plastics).
Old 02-03-2012, 10:24 PM   #158

[QUOTEMy wife and I saw the new Columbus Palomino 2012 at an RV show and loved it! We do have some questions...
Thanks in Advance!
-Ken ][/QUOTE]
From what I have experienced, each dealer is responsible for installing a house battery in a trailer before selling it. The size, quality, and make is up to the selling dealer. They could install anything from a cheap generic deep cycle to an Optima HD.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
Old 02-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #159
Happy Camper

Exclamation Broken electric straps under slides

Hi. We also have both straps broken. Guorilla tape held on one for a year, but not on the big slide. SabreSam has been very responsive and new straps are in the mail, what great service !! We will undertake this repair ourselves while currently on the road. Has anyone successfully replaced these straps, and where did you anchor them ?? We think there might be more info with the straps but just looking for feedback from someone who has been there and done that.

Old 02-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundazzler View Post
Hi. We also have both straps broken. Guorilla tape held on one for a year, but not on the big slide. SabreSam has been very responsive and new straps are in the mail, what great service !! We will undertake this repair ourselves while currently on the road. Has anyone successfully replaced these straps, and where did you anchor them ?? We think there might be more info with the straps but just looking for feedback from someone who has been there and done that.

Yes I have had to replace the strap under the sofa side slide on my Sabre, although the 'Atrium' side strap is fine. I'm assuming that all straps in this model are routed the same way, so this is how I fixed mine. The problem was that the strap was bending over the top of the slide bar when the slide was closing, and there was very little room for the strap to compress. I thought about moving it forward, but could see that would make no difference, and there was no room to move it rearward. I finally figured it out. I cut a 10 inch length of 1 inch square 'L' bracket , aluminum, bought at any hardware store, and affixed this bracket to the left edge of the plate that the outside of the strap was connected to. I then afixed the strap to this bracket, so that the strap was 'LOWER" than its previous position, and rode UNDER the slide mechanism. On the coach side the strap slid down to the base of the 'pin' , where I wrapped a tie wrap, and Voila, it now has room to compress into that space along the frame rail of the trailer. I'd take pictures, but I'm on my way down to Arizona early in the AM, and I think you can figure it out as I did, that if you go below the slide bar, you got more room.
Closed Thread

Tags
led pad