Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 02:08 PM   #421
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblanks2
I'm not asking for pricing. I wanted to know about the dry weight with the listed options.
Dear customer
I will have an answer next week. I will find a vin number of a unit with those options and see what it weight.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:48 PM   #422

Thanks!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #423

heya everyone
I am from Alberta Canada, buying my new Sabre Silhouette 320 FQDS, from All Star RV in sherwood Park, the lady I talked to about warranty says she's never heard about your factory second year warranty, is this warranty still available? Can us in Canada get in on this program? and would I bring my 5th wheel back to the dealer for warranty work?, thanks for your time and info on this, time is of the essence because we pick it up next thursday (july 5th) and would really like to have this knowledge before I pick it up

Randy
Old 06-29-2012, 10:24 PM   #424
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Yes randy you can get second year warranty through forest river.
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new unit!
Old 06-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #425
Whim Travler

New Sabre question

Took our 2012 31R3TS 5th wheel on maiden voyage last week for 5 days, before we head out for a 6-8 wk jaunt. Everything was pretty good except for a few bugs.
  1. We have a sattelite Winegard carryout for DirecTV that we set up and couldn't get it to work when plugging box into TV directly and line into the wall through the RV sattelite hook in built into the RV. Had to run it through the window instead to get it to work with the box directly to the sattelite. Since it's new I would think it should work through the RV. Is there a trick we are missing? Am an avid reader of instructions and couldn't figure it out without direct plug into our box.
  2. Put out the bedroom slide and noticed light coming thru the bottom left of the bed as the rubber has a gap and it seems isn't long enough on that side. Might be a problem if we get wet, nasty weather, or buggy area. Any suggestions?
  3. When the dining side slide goes out there is a step up that trips us in front of the entertainment center. It doesn't lie flat to the floor as the other side does.
  4. The fan on the fridge is quite loud, not sure we can get used to that either.
Bought at Tom Raper RV in Fairfield OH this spring. Took it back already for some fixes before we took it on the road. They suggested we use it for a while then bring it back in the fall to have all fixed at once. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Picture attached
Diane
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #426

Refrig. fan noisy, had it with mine also. After 3 months of arguing with dealer convinced him to get with ref. vendor and they sent a new fan and it is 80% quieter then original. Alot of people are having the same problem. F.R needs to address the problem.
Duchie
Old 06-30-2012, 01:21 PM   #427
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVarcher
heya everyone
I am from Alberta Canada, buying my new Sabre Silhouette 320 FQDS, from All Star RV in sherwood Park, the lady I talked to about warranty says she's never heard about your factory second year warranty, is this warranty still available? Can us in Canada get in on this program? and would I bring my 5th wheel back to the dealer for warranty work?, thanks for your time and info on this, time is of the essence because we pick it up next thursday (july 5th) and would really like to have this knowledge before I pick it up

Randy
Dear Customer
Please have the dealer contact the Sabre warranty department for the 2nd year form. You will then complete the form and cut a check to Forest River. You will need to do this during your delivery. If the dealer does not understand, please send me a PM with your contact info.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #428
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianizon
Took our 2012 31R3TS 5th wheel on maiden voyage last week for 5 days, before we head out for a 6-8 wk jaunt. Everything was pretty good except for a few bugs.

[*]We have a sattelite Winegard carryout for DirecTV that we set up and couldn't get it to work when plugging box into TV directly and line into the wall through the RV sattelite hook in built into the RV. Had to run it through the window instead to get it to work with the box directly to the sattelite. Since it's new I would think it should work through the RV. Is there a trick we are missing? Am an avid reader of instructions and couldn't figure it out without direct plug into our box.[*]Put out the bedroom slide and noticed light coming thru the bottom left of the bed as the rubber has a gap and it seems isn't long enough on that side. Might be a problem if we get wet, nasty weather, or buggy area. Any suggestions?[*]When the dining side slide goes out there is a step up that trips us in front of the entertainment center. It doesn't lie flat to the floor as the other side does.[*]The fan on the fridge is quite loud, not sure we can get used to that either.
Bought at Tom Raper RV in Fairfield OH this spring. Took it back already for some fixes before we took it on the road. They suggested we use it for a while then bring it back in the fall to have all fixed at once. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Picture attached
Diane
Dear customer
Thanks for being a Sabre owner. Audio and video continues to get more complicated. I would like to call and discuss how you are hooking it up. I also hope other members post how they have successfully got theirs to work. Please send me a PM with a contact number.

A picture of the area showing light would also help.

As the member posted before me, I'm confident Dometic can get the fan issue resolved.

All three of these items can be handled under Sabre warranty. So please contact the dealer to have them addressed.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:51 PM   #429
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchie View Post
Refrig. fan noisy, had it with mine also. After 3 months of arguing with dealer convinced him to get with ref. vendor and they sent a new fan and it is 80% quieter then original. Alot of people are having the same problem. F.R needs to address the problem.
Duchie
Duchie,

So, is your problem with:

1) your dealer (who refused to even address the issue)

2) Dometic who, as soon as they were notified you were not happy with the fan in the unit; shipped you a repair part that satisfied you.

or

3) FR who was not (except for your posts here) been notified there was a problem with your camper's fridge?

You need to let this rest I am thinking.
Dometic's customer support sounds first rate here and I am thinking the OP should give them a call or drop them an email.

Contact - Dometic

Old 07-03-2012, 09:30 AM   #430
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblanks2 View Post
I were looking at buying a 31CKTS with the following options:
Solid Surface Galley Countertop w/Faucet Upgrade
Free Standing Island w/Solid Surface Countertop
Air Bed Sleeper Sofa
Free Standing Dinette IPO Booth
15.0 BTU A/C IPO 13.5 BTU
12 Gallon Gas/Electric DSI Water Heater IPO 10 Gallon
Ceiling Fan
6000 Lb. Axles w/16 inch E-Rated Tires and Aluminum Rims Standard
Trail Air Equa-Flex Suspension
50 AMP Service
Second 13.5K BTU A/C in Master Bedroom
Upgraded Slide-Out Fascia Throughout
La-Z-Boy Recliner, Cloth IPO Swivel Rocker
Second La-Z-Boy Recliner, Cloth IPO Swivel Rocker
Rear Electric Stabilizer Jacks
Electric Fireplace
Serta Mattress Upgrade

Please advise. Thanks.
Dear Customer,
I found a unit that left the plant with the weight of 10,164. This unit had all the specs but not the second AC. So I'm guess that would add approx. 120 lbs. Let me know if I can be of any addtional help.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:15 AM   #431

SabreSam, (2010 32bhok)

I have an "issue" and no clue what to do about it. I first noticed it last July 4th (our hottest trip last year) and again this July 4th, again our hottest trip thus far.

Once the camper has been out for several days with the AC running in hot temps I am getting a pretty sizeable drip under the garage area. When I say sizeable, it puddles like the ac and you can see the wet spot even after overnight.

Last year I was convinced it was a shower leak and went looking. The shower is not leaking. Then after some mirror and flash light magic found that the water appears to be dripping from the frame in the ceiling of the shower/bedroom wall area. I thought ok, AC water or something but the AC is in the kitchen, there is nothing that would be producing water that far up in the camper. The only thing I can think of is condensation from the AC in the ceiling due to the temp difference from the roof and inside.

What can be done about this as I do not want to have water dripping down the inside of the camper like this.

We have a 2010 32BHOK. I have had issues with the AC freezing up on as well. many have said that was because of me running it when it wasnt really that hot outside in high humidity. Some have said low freon. I only bring this up because I do not know if something about the AC could be blowing something different causing the condensation.

If you stick your head in the garage right by the hookups you can actually hear the drip coming down the wall. Some lands on the little piece of plywood that is on top of the garage panel (where they screwed the light too) and then some comes out under the camper skirting by the grey tank handle.

We all know that water is a campers worst enemy, what can I do? Please keep in mind that due to our schedules we have not used this camper as much as we have liked. We have maybe stayed in the camper 7 trips (2 weeks, the rest weekends).

Thanks in advance
Old 07-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #432
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

My 11 32 bhok has a lot of condensation in the bathroom vent.
Drips on floor
Old 07-06-2012, 10:59 AM   #433

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianizon View Post

1. When the dining side slide goes out there is a step up that trips us in front of the entertainment center. It doesn't lie flat to the floor as the other side does.

Diane
I have a 2012 31 RETS-6 and the dining/sofa slide has a step up as well when the opposite slide is "almost" flush with the floor. I too was concerned about this because my last two 5th. wheels the slides were almost flush with the floor when extended. I went over to the dealer I bought my Sabre from and went through about three, the larger slides were somewhat like mine, a step up. There is a nylon strip that the floor of the slide rides on when going out and in. It is usually tapered toward the outside of the trailer and the plywood floor of the slide (on my last two 5th., wheels) the last couple of inches should be cut at an angle so when the slide goes all the way out, the end of the plywood floor "should" go down about half way on the nylon strip thus lowering the floor and making an "almost" flat transition. If you will look under the carpet of the opposite slide you will probably see the white nylon strip. I can barely see the white strip on the sofa/dining slide as the floor is completely covering thus the step up.
Maybe since this is the large slide it needs the additional support. Maybe SabreSam could address this.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #434
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpigate
SabreSam, (2010 32bhok)

I have an "issue" and no clue what to do about it. I first noticed it last July 4th (our hottest trip last year) and again this July 4th, again our hottest trip thus far.

Once the camper has been out for several days with the AC running in hot temps I am getting a pretty sizeable drip under the garage area. When I say sizeable, it puddles like the ac and you can see the wet spot even after overnight.

Last year I was convinced it was a shower leak and went looking. The shower is not leaking. Then after some mirror and flash light magic found that the water appears to be dripping from the frame in the ceiling of the shower/bedroom wall area. I thought ok, AC water or something but the AC is in the kitchen, there is nothing that would be producing water that far up in the camper. The only thing I can think of is condensation from the AC in the ceiling due to the temp difference from the roof and inside.

What can be done about this as I do not want to have water dripping down the inside of the camper like this.

We have a 2010 32BHOK. I have had issues with the AC freezing up on as well. many have said that was because of me running it when it wasnt really that hot outside in high humidity. Some have said low freon. I only bring this up because I do not know if something about the AC could be blowing something different causing the condensation.

If you stick your head in the garage right by the hookups you can actually hear the drip coming down the wall. Some lands on the little piece of plywood that is on top of the garage panel (where they screwed the light too) and then some comes out under the camper skirting by the grey tank handle.

We all know that water is a campers worst enemy, what can I do? Please keep in mind that due to our schedules we have not used this camper as much as we have liked. We have maybe stayed in the camper 7 trips (2 weeks, the rest weekends).

Thanks in advance
Dear customer
I am not sure if I can help much without the camper being in front of me. Have you had a dealer look into this? First thing is I would remove the interior air return. This would let you see if the ducts have moved or the tape came loose which would cause a lot of cold air to blow into the attic area. Have you climbed on the roof to see the path of your water that comes from the ac? I pray that the water hasn't found a way into your wall by finding gaps in sealants. I really suggest you have a dealer inspect this ASAP. I'm sorry I can't help more.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #435
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ret2006

I have a 2012 31 RETS-6 and the dining/sofa slide has a step up as well when the opposite slide is "almost" flush with the floor. I too was concerned about this because my last two 5th. wheels the slides were almost flush with the floor when extended. I went over to the dealer I bought my Sabre from and went through about three, the larger slides were somewhat like mine, a step up. There is a nylon strip that the floor of the slide rides on when going out and in. It is usually tapered toward the outside of the trailer and the plywood floor of the slide (on my last two 5th., wheels) the last couple of inches should be cut at an angle so when the slide goes all the way out, the end of the plywood floor "should" go down about half way on the nylon strip thus lowering the floor and making an "almost" flat transition. If you will look under the carpet of the opposite slide you will probably see the white nylon strip. I can barely see the white strip on the sofa/dining slide as the floor is completely covering thus the step up.
Maybe since this is the large slide it needs the additional support. Maybe SabreSam could address this.
Dear Customer
I'm not sure what you mean by "address this"? Have you had this inspected by a dealer? This step/bump seems to be consistent with the other Sabre models you looked at.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:13 AM   #436

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam View Post
Dear Customer
I'm not sure what you mean by "address this"? Have you had this inspected by a dealer? This step/bump seems to be consistent with the other Sabre models you looked at.
I guess I just wanted you to confirm that this "step up" is the way it is suppose to be or if something can be done to reduce the amount of step up.
When looking at a new RV these are things that you would not normally notice. I will say if I ever go shopping for a new 5th., wheel, this will be one thing on my list to inspect.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:18 AM   #437
msd

Thank you Sabre Sam for posting on my thread.

I am looking to see the 32RCTS. I live in the Clarksville/ Nashville, TN area.

Thanks,

MSD
Old 07-07-2012, 07:49 AM   #438
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd
Thank you Sabre Sam for posting on my thread.

I am looking to see the 32RCTS. I live in the Clarksville/ Nashville, TN area.

Thanks,

MSD
What is your zip code?
Old 07-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #439
msd

Old 07-07-2012, 08:53 AM   #440
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd
Family Campers in Lebanon TN should have one or it's on the way.
Closed Thread

Tags
led pad