Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #481
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD
I'll check again. tks
I overloaded mine once and the rears quit. After about 8 seconds it came back on after breaker reset.

Yours might have a button to reset.
Look real close its small.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:28 AM   #482
msd

Hi Sabre Sam,

When looking at the specifications on the Sabre website, are the fifth wheel hitch weights dry or when fully loaded? I assume dry.

Thanks, msd
Old 07-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #483
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd
Hi Sabre Sam,

When looking at the specifications on the Sabre website, are the fifth wheel hitch weights dry or when fully loaded? I assume dry.

Thanks, msd
Dry
Old 07-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #484

I have a 2011 31RLDS (purchased used from a dealer) and have a couple of questions:
1) What is the proper positioning and tie down method for the Lazy boy recliners and the table/chairs?
2) Who is responsile for labeling the tank valves "waste" and "grey"? This weekend was our first time out with the Sabre and I got a surprise today. Apparently, the forward valve that is supposed to be "grey "1" is actually black and the middle one marked "waste" is actually grey. Can ya send me some new labels so I can label them properly and not cause anyone else a problem?
Old 07-15-2012, 07:17 PM   #485
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by awjoker
I have a 2011 31RLDS (purchased used from a dealer) and have a couple of questions:
1) What is the proper positioning and tie down method for the Lazy boy recliners and the table/chairs?
2) Who is responsile for labeling the tank valves "waste" and "grey"? This weekend was our first time out with the Sabre and I got a surprise today. Apparently, the forward valve that is supposed to be "grey "1" is actually black and the middle one marked "waste" is actually grey. Can ya send me some new labels so I can label them properly and not cause anyone else a problem?
My front is gray and second is black.
Look at the hose sizes underneath.
Gray should be smaller diameter than the black.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:29 PM   #486

If I remember right, the front is black, middle is grey and rear is grey but they are not labeled that way. It ain't my first rodeo; the drain lines are hidden under the enclosed underbelly and I can't see through it.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #487
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by awjoker
If I remember right, the front is black, middle is grey and rear is grey but they are not labeled that way. It ain't my first rodeo; the drain lines are hidden under the enclosed underbelly and I can't see through it.
Not sure what to tell ya
Mine are
gray
Black
Gray
Gray
Old 07-16-2012, 01:14 AM   #488

The labels are
Grey
Black
Grey

but the reality is

Black
Grey
Grey
Old 07-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #489
Here to Help

Your questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by awjoker View Post
Dear Customer,
Since you purchased your unit used, anyone could have changed the tank labels. I can try and get you a price for the labels but you would have to purchase them through a Sabre dealer. You might consider making some new lablels with a quick lablel maker.

The lounge recliners should strap down in the small doorside slideout and the dinette chairs normally got strapped to the table legs. But again the first owner may have changed the strap locations.

I hope this helps.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:34 PM   #490

The labels look factory but maybe they were switched by some hooligan. I didn't realize it would be a big deal to get new ones. I'll get ahold of a local sign shop and get him to make some.

The straps and tie downs are in place. I just wasn't sure how it was to be configured. I turn the recliners back to back, strap them together and then use another strap to the floor tie down. I worked ok on the 20 mile round trip I took it on. The dealer didn't strap them at all, which is why I wondered.

Now if I could just get the Concertone to work right. I'm in communications with Mr. Fields about that.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #491

Quote:
I have never strapped down the Lazy Boy recliners or table and chairs in my 2012 Sabre 31 RETS-6. I position the recliners back to back in the slide with a blanket between the two backs, keep them about 4" from the atrium windows so they won't rub the big shade, also open the two end shades up past the top of the ends of the recliner so the end of the recliner won't rub the shade. Never had them move from that position. The table came screwed down through the carpet so it hasn't moved. I position the chairs so they won't rub together and they haven't moved. I just completed a 1,000 mile round trip in May that was mostly interstate I-65 South out of Nashville through Birmingham to Fl. There is about 15 miles of interstate through Birmingham that is like a wash board, a LOT of bounce. Never had a problem with anything inside the 5er, move. The bikes on the rack in back had to be re-strapped.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #492

Thanks for the help. I've been did the same with the recliners. If I am reading right, you don't strap the dining chairs at all?
Old 07-16-2012, 04:11 PM   #493
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam View Post
Dear Customer,
There is a TV swivel bracket that you can purchase through a Sabre dealer. The part number is 30I26514A. This bracket will accommodate a 24" TV. It mounts in the corner where the front wardrobe meets the sidewall. Any TV larger than 24" should be placed on the dresser. I hope that helps.
I actually have the same question regarding a 36QBOK. Is this the same part number and location?

Same question about a TV mount in the bunkhouse? Shame on me... I opted against the option of the TV back there thinking I could get a Walmart TV cheaper.. turns out that after getting the TV, the mount and installing it - it's not a whole lot cheaper.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:34 PM   #494

Quote:
Thanks for the help. I've been did the same with the recliners. If I am reading right, you don't strap the dining chairs at all?
I do not strap the dining chairs at all.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:19 PM   #495

Hi Sam, I have a 2012 320 FQDS and need to get a little more height out of the trailer. I have another hole on the shackles that is lower than where the springs are mounted now. Can I move the springs to the lower hole to gain a little height, and if I can will I need to replace the existing hardware that attaches the front and rear springs together( T shaped bracket). Thanks Steve
Old 07-17-2012, 06:25 AM   #496
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSS0816
Hi Sam, I have a 2012 320 FQDS and need to get a little more height out of the trailer. I have another hole on the shackles that is lower than where the springs are mounted now. Can I move the springs to the lower hole to gain a little height, and if I can will I need to replace the existing hardware that attaches the front and rear springs together( T shaped bracket). Thanks Steve
My unit is in the lower holes in affect raising up the unit.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:58 AM   #497
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I actually have the same question regarding a 36QBOK. Is this the same part number and location?

Same question about a TV mount in the bunkhouse? Shame on me... I opted against the option of the TV back there thinking I could get a Walmart TV cheaper.. turns out that after getting the TV, the mount and installing it - it's not a whole lot cheaper.
Dear Customer,
your 36QBOK is different in the bedroom, due to the washer dryer cabinet. Front bedroom: You have a "in-wall" backer that extends vertically from the dresser to the ceiling. It is approx. 6" wide and is centered on the dresser. Bunkroom: There is a wood backer in the rear wall where the TV would go for a TV bracket. You should be able to press on the wall to feel the addtional backer in the wall.

I hope this helps.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:02 AM   #498
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSS0816 View Post
Dear Customer,
yes those shackle adjustments are used to raise the fifth wheel. You shouldn't need to replace the center hardware.

Please be very careful raising your fifth wheel. I've heard stories of customers flipping over their unit by only raising one side of the trailer too much. Good luck!
Old 07-17-2012, 08:06 AM   #499
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam View Post
Dear Customer,
your 36QBOK is different in the bedroom, due to the washer dryer cabinet. Front bedroom: You have a "in-wall" backer that extends vertically from the dresser to the ceiling. It is approx. 6" wide and is centered on the dresser. Bunkroom: There is a wood backer in the rear wall where the TV would go for a TV bracket. You should be able to press on the wall to feel the addtional backer in the wall.

I hope this helps.
It helps greatly. THANK YOU! The bunkroom wood backer ended up being pretty obvious with just pushing on the wall. Do you all have a TV mount that can be purchased (through the dealer, of course) for either/both of those places?

If you do, is there a limit to the size of TV that the mount supports? We bought a 26" TV for the bunkhouse and will probably get a 19" TV for the front bedroom.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:17 AM   #500
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
It helps greatly. THANK YOU! The bunkroom wood backer ended up being pretty obvious with just pushing on the wall. Do you all have a TV mount that can be purchased (through the dealer, of course) for either/both of those places?

If you do, is there a limit to the size of TV that the mount supports? We bought a 26" TV for the bunkhouse and will probably get a 19" TV for the front bedroom.
I beleive the following TV bracket part number will work: 30I26514A. You will need to contact a Sabre dealer for a price. The bracket is a flat mount bracket that does not swivel. If you want something that swivels I will need to get you another part number. With the viewable angle of the new TVs, a lot of customers don't want the swing arm brackets because they can sag after time. I hope this helps.
Closed Thread

Tags
led pad