Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2014, 05:18 PM   #1

Attacked by guard post

Help please. On the way to Vegas last month, I did the unthinkable, and slightly nicked my 2011 31RETS Sabre on one of those guard posts that protect a diesel pump. Naturally the guard post won. It was a total brain fart, but I have damaged about 16 inches of the grey lower panel just back of the driver side propane tank door. Now that I am home, I need to take care of this. I will be taking some photos, and making the rounds of all the RV centers , but I need some info so I can ensure I don't get screwed, Firstly, what is the name of that panel, as I would like to check on prices, and secondly, would a body shop have to replace the entire length of the trailer, or is it possible to just replace that section. As it turns out, where the damage starts, there is a natural seam that was invisible before the incident. I would post pictures to the board, but my embarrassment prevents this.
spurge1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:34 PM   #2

The lower skirt goes from the trim fastener cover down, and is usually aluminum.

USN Retired (26 years), but not Retired retired
Home Port Orlando
Narboza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:11 PM   #3

On a Columbus 320RS, I had lower panel damage in front and behind axels, from a tire blow out. Unfortunately, the aluminum took three months to be shipped from the factory. The shop replaced the aluminum. You might be in for a case of sticker shock on the parts alone. I filed an insurance claim and was pleasantly surprised to find out that my progressive deductible was only $250, which dropped to $188 because I had no claims the first year. The total repairs were around $2500, much of that was parts.
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:25 PM   #4
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurge1947 View Post
Help please. On the way to Vegas last month, I did the unthinkable, and slightly nicked my 2011 31RETS Sabre on one of those guard posts that protect a diesel pump. Naturally the guard post won. It was a total brain fart, but I have damaged about 16 inches of the grey lower panel just back of the driver side propane tank door. Now that I am home, I need to take care of this. I will be taking some photos, and making the rounds of all the RV centers , but I need some info so I can ensure I don't get screwed, Firstly, what is the name of that panel, as I would like to check on prices, and secondly, would a body shop have to replace the entire length of the trailer, or is it possible to just replace that section. As it turns out, where the damage starts, there is a natural seam that was invisible before the incident. I would post pictures to the board, but my embarrassment prevents this.
Are you talking about the lower metal radius?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forest River Forums mobile app
SabreSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:34 PM   #5

Take photos and post them here first for better help....
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote