Old 05-14-2012, 10:04 AM   #1

Thumbs up Awesome Sabre Sound System

Prior to picking up our Sabre 32RCTS 6 weeks ago, I read several posts on quality issues people were having with the Genesis/Concertone sound system...And based on those posts, I brought a CD & DVD with me to try out when we did our PDI. Fortunately the Genesis 3.0 system did check out fine. It continues to work well and it makes our stuff sound really good. In fact...maybe too good!

This weekend, I was in the sub basement* working on a lighting rewiring modification, when I heard a low pitched muffled rumbling and felt a significant vibration (like maybe a 0.5 earthquake).

After a few concerned seconds of trying to figure out what was going on, I finally realized that what I was actually hearing and feeling was, in fact, the sound (and feel) of a Saturn 5B rocket blasting off. It was coming from my "From the Earth to the Moon" video series that I was playing at the time. (It was actually the Apollo 14 launch for you other space nerds out there).

I guess that 5.1 Dolby Surround System Synergizes well with the Sabre 6 sided welded frame. Scared the heck out of me anyway!

Good Job Sabre!

*sub-basement: what I call the "mechanical room" under the bathroom and between the back basement wall & Kitchen. It house the furnace, water heater & pump)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	130.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	13752  

SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:32 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

You do know you have a sub woofer under the steps right?
or atleast mine does.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #3

Well, since my head was about 5 in from the steps, that would explain it. but no. I did not know where the sun woofer was. I'll have to take a peek later!
Old 05-14-2012, 12:43 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimchaSabre View Post
Well, since my head was about 5 in from the steps, that would explain it. but no. I did not know where the sun woofer was. I'll have to take a peek later!
Lol no worries. Some have cut a hole between steps and added a register cover for better sound on the interior. I have not done it yet.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #5

My wife won't even let me drills holes to mount a paper towel rack yet...so I doubt that she'd allow a modification that is solely justified by the promise of better sound.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #6

Quote:

*sub-basement: what I call the "mechanical room" under the bathroom and between the back basement wall & Kitchen. It house the furnace, water heater & pump)
Did you vacuum and clean the "sub-basement" or was it like that when you got it? Here is a picture of what mine looked like. But I will have to say that this is my 3rd., fifth wheel, the other two being Thor products, and they all had a lot of saw dust in hidden areas.

ret2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:22 PM   #7
jsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ret2006 View Post
Did you vacuum and clean the "sub-basement" or was it like that when you got it? Here is a picture of what mine looked like. But I will have to say that this is my 3rd., fifth wheel, the other two being Thor products, and they all had a lot of saw dust in hidden areas.

This is what mine looked like as well. A little housekeeping and it was much more presentable. Gonna have to look for subwoofer next time.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #8

Yes, I definitly posted the "After" picture. I may have had a little less saw dust to vacuum, but, there were several cut-out pieces, and lots of metal drillings in there.

I was once told that the practice of leaving contruction debris is hidden areas is very typical in the RV mfg biz. I was also told that it was very diffilcult to teach this un natural practice to some of the Amish craftsmen.

3 of our 4 campers had quite a bit os the debris in out of view places. The exception was our Sunline Solaris, which came in spotless. but they are now out of business, so u never know!
Old 05-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #9

Quote:
My wife won't even let me drills holes to mount a paper towel rack yet...so I doubt that she'd allow a modification that is solely justified by the promise of better sound.
X2, I feel your pain. But I'd like to at least see a pic from somebody who has put in a register style outlet for the increase bass performance.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:52 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsk View Post
This is what mine looked like as well. A little housekeeping and it was much more presentable. Gonna have to look for subwoofer next time.
That could have been an exact picture of my 31RETS-6 also. What a mess of sawdust, disarray of water lines and electric wires. I cleaned it up and revised the wall with a real piece of 3/8" wood and recovered the plywood with black cloth. It looks much better and it's a grerat spot to hide stuff. Steve