Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2015, 02:04 PM   #21

Here are pics of the awning. I don't see any way to dip one side. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1435518239.438950.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	81455Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1435518280.053934.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	81457Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1435518294.238451.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	81458
carinrvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 03:38 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by carinrvt1 View Post
Here are pics of the awning. I don't see any way to dip one side. Attachment 81455Attachment 81457Attachment 81458
Very easy connect a (Ratchet strap to the Rod attachment point of the Gas Shock and the other end of the strap to the vertical mount on the trailer! Compress the Gas Shock and that side will (Lower/Dip)! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 03:44 PM   #23

Wait a second after (Maging the Pics)) I see (Ball Detents) on your arms for (Tilt)! Have you ever tried to adjust these? The shock is (Auto Dump) but will still work! Youroo!!
Old 06-29-2015, 06:14 AM   #24

This awning will not auto dump...I have the same awning...and unless the auto dump feature you are referring to snaps the arm in half....I guess it will "auto dump" once...I had a mess listening to our RV salesman telling me this was an auto dump arm...it is not...only the tilt will keep the water off of this type of awning...use the spring loaded buttons on the awning to lower one side...just pay attention that you need to adjust back in order to pull the awning back in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Wait a second after (Maging the Pics)) I see (Ball Detents) on your arms for (Tilt)! Have you ever tried to adjust these? The shock is (Auto Dump) but will still work! Youroo!!

-Bill Thomas
Palomino Solaire 317 BHSK
billt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 06:24 AM   #25

As far as the fridge goes...you have adjusted the slide on the fin as depicted in the picture below?

-Bill Thomas
Old 06-29-2015, 06:48 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt01 View Post
This awning will not auto dump...I have the same awning...and unless the auto dump feature you are referring to snaps the arm in half....I guess it will "auto dump" once...I had a mess listening to our RV salesman telling me this was an auto dump arm...it is not...only the tilt will keep the water off of this type of awning...use the spring loaded buttons on the awning to lower one side...just pay attention that you need to adjust back in order to pull the awning back in...
Looking at the (Geometry of the Support Linkage) when the (Gas Shock collapses) that side WILL Dip! Youroo!!
Old 06-29-2015, 07:08 AM   #27

I respectfully defer to the below link...gas shock or not...doesn't dump...

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ure-43331.html

Quote:
Looking at the (Geometry of the Support Linkage) when the (Gas Shock collapses) that side WILL Dip! Youroo!!

-Bill Thomas
Old 07-04-2015, 08:45 AM   #28

Quote:
I have the same exact awning and I watched it dump on its own, exactly as you describe. Now, it waited a little longer than I was comfortable as there was a pretty sizable pool so usually I dump manually by gently pulling down on the arm (collapsing the gas strut.)

It is adjustable- as a previous poster stated use the ball detents.
campingguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 06:27 PM   #29

Well, I guess you can roll the dice on if the shocks will work correctly...mine did not compress, the arm bent, and the rest is history...

-Bill Thomas
Old 07-14-2015, 10:59 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by carinrvt1 View Post
I have no idea what the make and model is on the awning. Came on the trailer. There is no electonic drop feature. There may be a manual way. If I have time today and the weather improves I'll open it and take pictures.
On my Hemi 272RLIS I can tilt the awning, but it does not have the auto dump feature, hence no knobs in the arms. As explained during my PDI not all electric awnings automatically dump.
2021 Sabre 37FBT
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:26 PM   #31

Just FYI most automatic awning are auto dump, it needs to rain a lot as 2 weeks ago at Allegany. It will fill up and then release, you don't want to be on the downhill side or drenched.
For the tilt yes the ball detention closest to the trailer. Might be 2 people at first to get the feel of how to press in on the shock and depress the ball detent. Only move per manual 3 positions at a time. Need to put back prior to closing the awning. Works great.
Again personnel experience from the 3 day soak prior to 4th of July.

Sent from Pappagrif
pappagrif is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, light