Old 10-11-2015, 09:09 AM   #41

I have the 320. It came with the Excell? (Don't remember the name) it was junk - wouldn't connect when needed. Switched to the Voyager. Reception intermittent on it also. Quit using it as too much trouble. When doubt backing up, I just walk around and check for myself.

hilitephoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 02:06 PM   #42

Sorry about your experience with the Voyager. That's not ours. We have it on all the time. We like to see what's coming behind us. Ours is connected to one of the rear upper little lights. Once in a while we lose signal for a couple seconds when we hit a big bump but not a big deal. My DW thinks is the best investment.

jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 05:49 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsbuick65 View Post
I need a camera for my 30ft'r to see my sxs behind. Are any of the wireless ones any good?
We just purchased a Grey Wolf 26RR, and after owning two other TT without, we had Dealer install a Furrion FOS48TAPK Observation/Backup Camera. The TT was pre wired for the Furrion, and plugged into TT marker lights. Wireless Monitor plugged into 12V socket, in TV.
It is AWSOME to be able to view vehicles coming up from behind, as well as seeing behind while backing! Pulling the TT home, no loss of signal to the Monitor. TT is 30í8ĒOA.
Doing my research on the Furrion, it was noted the FOS12TWPK Camera was sold as a BACKUP camera only. I wanted an OBSERVATION camera, where I could see behind while on the road.
Iím happy with what I purchased.
Brian
26RR

2013 F150 Super Crew, XLT, 3.5 EB w/Tow Pkg.
2017 Grey Wolf 26RR
2016 Cricket Mini Golf Cart
1960 Studebaker Champ 5E6 (Festus)
26RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 04:55 PM   #44
Not a newbie

I bought the more expensive Furion camera and am very happy with it.

I jumped the park lights to 12V, and drove 3/4 of a block away and around the corner with my TV before loss of signal.
Johnfort is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 01:23 PM   #45

Back up Camera

A week or so ago I bought the Furrion FOS48 observation camera off eBay as refurbished for $199. I couldnít bite the full price. So far works great on our 31BHSS that was prewired.
RAMMIN_TIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 01:47 PM   #46
Not a newbie

Good, you got the right one. You'll be happy with it backing, and going down the road. Glad you found a good price on it.

The camera can rotate up and down on "bumps" in the housing. On my installation, I wanted to see further down the highway, so I gave to a little nudge past the top bump. No damage, and I have a great view of rear traffic and can see to back safely.
Johnfort is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:29 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrlakelover View Post
Hi Frank, like back bumper discussions, there's tons of discussions on backup cameras. Do a search and enjoy. I've pasted a link below to one of the discussions. The issue with the less expensive cameras is that they are made to be put on the rear of a truck or car and do not have the power to pump the signal from the back of an RV to the TV. So, as always, folks have gotten creative and/or bought more expensive camera kits. Made a wireless backup camera system cheaply
Lol he wants the newest and latest information hehehe

Hollywoodgt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
back up camera