Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2012, 11:01 AM   #1

Basement satellite

OK. Next problem. I hooked satellite direct to the directv box in order to find the signal. Once I found the signal I then ran the cable through the satellite connector outsode the coach (320rs) then reconnected the box to the satellite connection in the basement wall and then there was no signal. The connector clearly states satellite. Anyone have any ideas of why i get signal when connected direct to box but no signal when I go through the coach?
dkwin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
2011 Berkshire 390BH

Could be one of two things. 1st, if you using the cable connection the power antenna switch needs to be off in order to get cable. 2nd, If you are trying to get a satelite signal to work thru the cable connection, there may be a splitter behind the antenna booster that is messing up the signal. On mine, I took the booster off and connected an a/b switch in order have the satelite signal go directly to the satelite box. If this is your issue, PM me and I will send you a picture and instructions on how I did mine. Also if you are trying to hook up to a lead that says satelite in, that lead is usually not hooked up. You would normally need to have a satelite place on the roof of your unit. Hope that is of help. Others may know of other options or had other experiences.

Finally completed all State visits in August 2011 with a trip to North Dakota.
Superchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:16 AM   #3

Chief thanks for the feedback. I think the sat hookup guy was off when my coach was being made. I took the basement plate off and there is no cable connection to the Sat connector at all. Now what??
Old 08-30-2012, 01:58 PM   #4

I ended up running a separate rg-6 line under the coach to the rear bumper for the basement sat (just like I did my last unit). I have 2 feeds off my HD sat so 1 will go the the basement feed and the other to the coach feed for the living room. Thanks for all your help.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:01 PM   #5
2011 Berkshire 390BH

Glad it worked out. What a surprise, no cable hooked the connection. ;-)

Finally completed all State visits in August 2011 with a trip to North Dakota.
Superchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:58 PM   #6

I had to replace a bad connector on my cable TV line to get a good cable picture on my television, it was real fuzzy. The connector looked OK, since I had enough cable to work with I just cut it off behind the connector and carefully stripped the cable back and crimped another one on and it works perfectly. Seems several people have had cable/sat line problems. They must install the cable and just assume everything will work properly without thoroughly testing it. I don't think my dealer had cable TV to test it on his lot.

ret2006 is offline   Reply With Quote