Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #1

Basement Storage organizer idea??

Being new to "5ving" (is that even a word?), we're not yet sure how best to use the large basement storage compartments. It looks like if you are not careful you can loose smaller items in that cavern.

So here is my idea!...While at Walmart earlier today we saw an item called a utility sled.

Here in Michigan they are commonly used for ice fishing. (I don't fish myself and if I did I sure as heck, wouldn't start on the ice, but that is a disussion for another forum.)

Anyway, I'm thinking that it might just help with smaller lighter items. Has anyone else thought of this and do u think it might work.?
I've seen pullouts trays designed for this purpose but they seem a bit pricing.
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #2

Opps. Wrong link...Try this one.

Walmart Utility Sled
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
Berkshire 390QS

tubs

we bought several plastic tubs with lids of different sizes and marked them with contents, i.e. Fire wood, sewer, picnic supplies. works good for us anyway.
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #4
Site Team

Might be good some some items like a table top grill but I would worry about it tipping over and spilling out smaller lighter weight items. One advantage to regular type bins are the lids that allows stacking.

The rope handle are a good idea in theory but might not work as expected. The handle would be almost as far back as the bin.

I would use a good size bin to house items that might not be used often and place it in theback of the storage area to use as a placeholder to keep the regular use bins closer to reach near the doors. Some people will use a couple of 2x4 for framing the floor to help keep stuff in certain areas.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote