Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2018, 06:37 PM   #21

One more thing to add, do not overlook the connection between the negative terminal of the battery and the frame. Ditto at the converter.

These connections are exposed to the weather and are often overlooked. Something could have snagged one of the wires and loosened it from it's connection to the chassis/frame.

Most people only focus on the actual battery terminals but do not overlook the other two, mostly hidden, connections that need to be in good condition to complete the circuit.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:27 PM   #22

The pd4600 converter charge wizard is automatic...first bulk,then absorbtion then float/maintenance....then an occasional eq cycle to prevent sulfation. Should take around 6 hours to automatically get to 100% with the WiZard from 50%.

Inteli-Power 4600 Series models can recharge the battery to 90% in 3-6 hours using our patented Charge Wizard technology:

BOOST Mode 14.4 Volts – Rapidly brings RV battery up to 90% of full charge.
NORMAL Mode 13.6 Volts – Safely completes the charge.
STORAGE Mode 13.2 Volts – Maintains charge with minimal gassing or water loss.
EQUALIZATION Mode 14.4 Volts – Every 21 hours for a period of 15 minutes prevents battery stratification
& sulfation – the leading cause of battery failure.
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:03 AM   #23
Plano, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super6 View Post
Once again have e 2018 Puma 351THSS and seems like the battery never gets charged. If I look at the control panel it says full charge but when disconnected from the truck I have no lights and can't lift or lower front or back jacks. On the power panel I can change the mode of the charging but that seems to make no difference. Anyone have a clue what might be going on? Thanks
If it's a 2018 then it should be under warranty. I would highly suggest taking it to an authorized repair facility rather than start poking around with the wiring on a trailer you are not really familiar with, especially if your electrical work isn't your jam. Just my 2C
Ale_Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, charging