Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 11:22 AM   #71
DDC

Of course you must feel that that was the sole contributing factor that caused the frame to collapse the way it did and that the fact that the spring shackles being so far from the 'very limited' fixed point contributed nothing.

Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:24 AM   #72

Jumping Jehoshaphat!

I say fix it, move on. And leave the golf cart at home.

Bummer for OP; that is not an industrial grade device. I can see where FR would see that as impact, not warranty. If I drop my laptop, warranty void. Same thing with the 5er.

2013 - 15
Old 04-24-2015, 11:27 AM   #73
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
Of course you must feel that that was the sole contributing factor that caused the frame to collapse the way it did and that the fact that the spring shackles being so far from the 'very limited' fixed point contributed nothing.
Too many others not having that problem with unaltered frames.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:31 AM   #74
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Too many others not having that problem with unaltered frames.
Mine is almost 5 years old with no frame issue like that.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "2 nights"
Old 04-24-2015, 12:02 PM   #75

I feel bad for OP but if he waned to haul toys he might ha thought about a toy hauler.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:19 PM   #76

Quote:
Bottom line, alter something and if it goes wrong, blame someone else is what I get from this thread.
Not necessarily - I would still see this as a potential insurance claim. It certainly looks like a road hazard was involved, and yes the extra weight on the back was potentially a significant factor - but if the OP has comprehensive coverage - it seems it should apply.

No different than if I'm too busy on frf to notice I left something burning on the stove and my house burns down or I'm not paying attention while driving and cause a wreck. Clearly my fault, but my property is still covered by insurance.

2017 F-250
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
Old 04-24-2015, 12:20 PM   #77
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Agreed the insurance company should pay out on this.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "2 nights"
Old 04-24-2015, 12:48 PM   #78
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon327 View Post
The frame on my 36qbok has bent where the center spring hanger attaches and forest river has denied a warranty claim saying it was collision. Attachment 74830Attachment 74831

I bought the 2nd year warranty too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMP44 View Post
Not necessarily - I would still see this as a potential insurance claim. It certainly looks like a road hazard was involved, and yes the extra weight on the back was potentially a significant factor - but if the OP has comprehensive coverage - it seems it should apply.

No different than if I'm too busy on frf to notice I left something burning on the stove and my house burns down or I'm not paying attention while driving and cause a wreck. Clearly my fault, but my property is still covered by insurance.
OP is wanting to get FR to fix it as he stated in #1 post, no mention of insurance. If that isn't blaming someone else, I don't know what is. I don't disagree, if he has the proper insurance, the insurance should pay, but certainly not FR or Lippert. OP's fault pure and simple whether it is from a road hazard he didn't avoid or the alteration he did.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:12 PM   #79

Quote:
OP is wanting to get FR to fix it as he stated in #1 post, no mention of insurance. If that isn't blaming someone else, I don't know what is.
Maybe I read the OP more literally - all it says is FR denied it as a warranty claim. The post doesn't specifically say something like "I think they wrongly denied it as warranty and I think they are bums."

It could well be the OP took it in and just asked "is this a warranty item?"

In any case, the damage needs to be fixed, and seems that the (way more than the OP probably asked for) advice is take up the fight with the insurance company if its covered because the denial of the warranty claim seems valid based on what was posted.

I took the tone of the post as being "what now?" rather than a rant about the claim being denied.

2017 F-250
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
Old 04-24-2015, 01:16 PM   #80
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
OP is wanting to get FR to fix it as he stated in #1 post, no mention of insurance. If that isn't blaming someone else, I don't know what is. I don't disagree, if he has the proper insurance, the insurance should pay, but certainly not FR or Lippert. OP's fault pure and simple whether it is from a road hazard he didn't avoid or the alteration he did.
Post #4 is where the OP mentions insurance and it being denied:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon327 View Post
Already called the insurance because of what forest river said and they denied the claim. We didn't hit anything that I know of. We were on some rough roads with potholes right before we started having problems.
I'm not clear on what the OP wants.

Tags
bent, frame