Old 10-23-2014, 01:36 PM   #91

Found out today that my 2014 Columbus 340RK has grease on its brake pads .. We had gotten the service bulletin in the mail from Lippert and asked our dealer to check while winterizing.. New assembly's will be arriving in a couple of weeks..

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

You can find us in Egg Harbor, WI 7/14 -7/17
MacDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 01:55 AM   #92
Broke and happy

I am a new member of the club. My 2014 340rk had its brakes checked today and all 4 hubs and brakes were greased up. Compared to my old trailer, this trailer acted like it had weak brakes, from day one. Set the gain all the way up, from the beginning my first day, and put 6000 miles on the trailer.

Old 11-15-2014, 07:16 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfa View Post
I am a new member of the club. My 2014 340rk had its brakes checked today and all 4 hubs and brakes were greased up. Compared to my old trailer, this trailer acted like it had weak brakes, from day one. Set the gain all the way up, from the beginning my first day, and put 6000 miles on the trailer.
Lippert has just came out with a new design and a more aggressive break pads and larger magnets. There is a special break in period if you do not follow they will glaze over and not work correctly. My thinking is that when the trailer is delv. I know that the person pulling them is not doing it being it takes some time. They put these on my unit and I followed there instructions to the tee. Now they are seated and will stop you on a dime almost. But sure beat the ones that I used for over 10,000 miles and were always weak. Lets hope they are making progress. At least we can hope..
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:10 PM   #94

Update. Took the trailer and letter to dealer. They found grease on brakes. Now getting parts. Should be ready by camping time.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:06 PM   #95

Bearing change

We purchased our 295 Columbus in September, knowing all the brake issues, I simply replaced all 4 wheel bearing (using timkins) removing the Chinese junk and replacing the grease with a PN SKF 22532. A much better seal than stock. Each wheel cost me around 100 dollars but its worth it knowing I have good parts under me.
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
40 Gal AUX TANK
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 11:19 PM   #96
Broke and happy

Mine work great now but I insisted dealer to adjust them after I did a burning in drive home and back. They perform like they should with Co troller set on 6 and will bite down if you need them. Very important to burn the breaks then adjust.

Tags
columbus, brakes