Originally Posted by Brother Les
Look at why your controller is sending a electrical charge to the brakes that is engaging the magnets to the drums.
He said he found (and apparently fixed) a badly worn magnet and broken wire.
On a similar trac--- last fall I went thru brakes and bearings on my Rockwood Ultralite. I found medium wear on shoes and magnets but nothing far enough
to need replacement. I did some price checking just in case and found that if
I'd needed shoes and magnets I could buy a complete new brake assembly with back plate (minus drum) for about the same or even slightly less than shoes and magnets separately. If I'd needed them I would have gone with
complete assembly from either Ebay power seller or e-trailer.com
(Put on brand new Maxxis tires- new bearings - painted and computer balanced the wheels then took DW to RV show and traded it in!!! ARGH!!)