Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2016, 08:18 PM   #1

Cable/Satellite Wiring Diagram

Have a 2016 F377MB Columbus 5th wheel and need to know how the trailer is wired for Antenna/Cable/Satellite. Is there a wiring diagram available from ForestRiver or Palamino on this? If so, how do I get it? If not, does anyone know how it's wired?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Mike.Courville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:25 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I've got one for a 2015

2008 2500hd Duramax
2015 Columbus 320RS
2016 nights camped "0"
2015 nights camped "34"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:30 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

What are you having troubles with?

2008 2500hd Duramax
2015 Columbus 320RS
2016 nights camped "0"
2015 nights camped "34"
Old 03-29-2016, 08:44 PM   #4

Thanks Turbs, but is this for an F377MB?

Old 03-29-2016, 08:49 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Cable/Satellite Wiring Diagram

Last I knew the were wiring them the same.
Except I see you have a mid bunk
Did you get my pm?

2008 2500hd Duramax
2015 Columbus 320RS
2016 nights camped "0"
2015 nights camped "34"
Old 03-29-2016, 08:55 PM   #6

I have a Charter Cable system and I've connected my Entertainment system TV to a cable box DVR and my bunk room TV to another cable box DVR and my bedroom TV to a regular cable box (non DVR). The TV in the bedroom is the only one that can't catch certain channels that the other TVs can. Charter has come out and tested the connection and says its dropping the signal strength....the Cable box is connected to the left Cable/Satellite connector. I also have a totally separate Satellite Dish Hook Up plate with one connector. Any ideas of what I can do to alleviate the problem?

Old 03-29-2016, 09:22 PM   #7

Yes Turbs, got your pm, and yes I am.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:38 AM   #8

Hi all new to forum, Turbs you posted here what I think was a wiring diagram but I have been unable to access it, can you assist? Thanks
Edsage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 01:00 PM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsage View Post
Hi all new to forum, Turbs you posted here what I think was a wiring diagram but I have been unable to access it, can you assist? Thanks

Yes
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0110.JPG
Views:	36146
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	129655
Old 02-12-2017, 01:53 PM   #10

That's great info, do you know where i can get a diagram for a Columbus 381fl? I've tried with getting this kind of info from the dealer an palomino but keep running into a brick wall.
Thanks
Old 02-12-2017, 05:09 PM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsage View Post
That's great info, do you know where i can get a diagram for a Columbus 381fl? I've tried with getting this kind of info from the dealer an palomino but keep running into a brick wall.
Thanks

That same wiring diagram should also work for you.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:53 PM   #12

Thanks
Old 02-14-2017, 10:04 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Thanks Turbs, but the 381Fl seems quite a bit different than this wiring diagram
Does any one have a wiring schematic for a 2015 381FL?
Thanks
Old 02-20-2017, 07:05 PM   #14

I completely rewired my entire rig yesterday. It wasn't even close to what the plates said with everything switched and terminated incorrectly. I used to run a cabling division so that experience helped my cruise through the changes to get it right as well as add a few elements.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:40 PM   #15

TV wiring 2017 383FB

I have found the same wiring diagram seen here on Columbus Facebook and it is similar to my 383FB. I spent 3 hours with a meter trying to make sense of the coaxial single and double plates in the Living Room, Bedroom and Basement. Obviously I am not good at this because I still have questions about the wiring. I contacted the factory to get the wiring schematic and was told very directly they will not give it to anyone because it is "proprietary". Silly but true.
What I was able to do is connect the outside satelite feed to the top satelite connection in the water closet. That went to the top of the duplex in the living room. Sent that to my 211 Dish receiver and out of the receiver HDMI to the Living Room TV. I then sent coaxial out from the 211 receiver to the coaxial plate that has a single connection that is labelled "Satelite Hookup". That sent the same channel signal on the LR tv to the top connection in the bedroom. Works fine if you watch the same channels.
The bottom connection on the double in the living room is the roof antenna booster. It has a button to turn on the booster-a light lights up green. I am not sure if that goes to the bedroom. Does anyone know where it goes? There is a cable connection in the water closet and I don't know where that goes. I have an Auxillary connection in the water closet and the factory person told me that goes to the basement duplex so I can have a tv in the basement compartment. OK??The factory person said that she would send me a listing of what each connection does and where each signal goes. In other words how the system is wired.
Am I the only owner of a new Columbus 383FB who can't make sense of the system? The labeling is not right and I found the basement wires not matching at both ends (water closet label and basement label) AUX did not go to AUX Cable did not go to Cable.
I do not get why the manual for the trailer doesn't say a word about how to connect to this system or how it is wired. If I ever get it figured out, I will share it. If you have it, share it with me.
condojj48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 06:38 PM   #16

I can tell you that the panel with the push button and green light supplies the 12 volts to the over the air antenna booster (booster is inside the antenna). Booster is powered when the green light is illuminated.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 11:23 PM   #17

It took us forever to find the panel & had to call the dealer to find it. We have cable hooked up & can switch both bedroom & living room tvs back to antenna by turning booster back on. Both tvs (and I assume basement) are controlled by the antenna booster. If off we watch cable, if on local channels. We bought our 383fb a few months ago. First timers & definitely a learning curve.
loribico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:22 AM   #18

Smile TV wiring

Congratulations on your Columbus. We love ours despite a host of problems from day one. If you have a good service department at your dealership, you will be fine. Our dealership doesn't help much so I spend a lot of time with factory people.
I just wanted to let you know the factory is supposed to send me a rough sketch of what each tv jack does. If I get it, I will share it here so other 383FB folks have it.
In ours the basement is not controlled by the tv booster according to the factory. I was told Auxillary in the water closet is where you hook the cable from your satelite dish or tv cable connection and that feeds the signal to the basement so you can hook up your satelite receiver/tv or your tv for cable tv. There is no roof antenna feed there. That is what they should have done !!!
Thanks for your reply!!
Old 05-08-2017, 08:52 AM   #19

Thanks for additional info on connection in basement. We love our Columbus too. Living in it full time & about to move cross country. We haven't purchased a truck yet so having someone else move it. Any tips?
loribico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 09:16 AM   #20

Truck

We live in Montana and have ours at a small RV park in the mountains that is seldom busy. We pulled it here a month ago and we come here for 10 day to 2 week stays. We plan to visit some other areas this summer and heading to Nevada and Arizona with it this winter.
We have a 2010 Ram 3500 with an automatic transmission and 6.7 Cummins-single rear tires. Have only pulled the trailer 90 miles to the park but it pulled easier than a 35' trailer we had that was lighter.
I have heard dually trucks are better for pulling large trailers like the 383FB. If I was to upgrade, I would get a Ford F-350 or F-450 Powerstoke Dually. I love our Ram but it really rides rough when we are not towing. Fords and Chevy's tend to ride smoother. They are all great trucks-just depends on what appeals to you and $$$. Rams tend to be less expensive. You will hear all kinds of mileage claims. Don't rely on them too much because there are so many variables. Expect 10 to 12 mpg when towing-in my opinion.

Tags
diagram, satellite, wiring