Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2014, 10:27 AM   #21

269BHDSK - have had it for a few weeks now. 5 trips and no major issues. Other than heavy tongue weight, no major complaints. Wish you well in getting yours straightened out.
ProPride Hitch
purduepete97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:03 AM   #22

I just bought a brand new 2014 Solaire Eclipse 318TSBHK. I have had it for 2 weeks, haven't had it out camping yet. I had a problem with one of the SO only opening @ 1" on one side only, then nothing. Did some research and contacted Lippert, who makes the Schwintek slide mechanism. Simple fix, motors were just out of sync. I spent a whole weekend going through it with a fine tooth comb. While checking all plumbing connections, upon inspecting the water pump area, I found a couple of the hose connections dripping water. Further investigation revealed that the crimp style hose clamps weren't very tight. I was able to spin the hose ends on the fittings. (Which is where the water was leaking) So, I cut those off and found that the hose was 1/2" and the fittings are 3/8"... I removed every one of those crimp clamps and installed real hose clamps. The other issues are, while towing it from the dealer to home, one of the bench seats for the dinette came lose from the floor and is just dangling from the wall. Also the wall next to the counter has separated from the counter, leaving a 1/4" gap.
Yes, all trailers have issues! But really, just driving 25 miles and things are falling apart, and water leaks from day one!
rkoll001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:35 AM   #23

I also have the 269 bhdsk no issues in first full summer of use. Been in downpours and hot sun. Used camper approx 25 nights this summer on various long trips.

Only issue was the outside toy lock on the bumper but the dealership sent a replacement without issue.

Good luck in your selection.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
pappagrif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 06:56 AM   #24

I also have the 2014 Solaire Eclipse 318TSBHK and had a couple issue's that were resolved easily by the dealer. I had a non working AC unit, the drawer bank next to the oven fell (fixed myself because they used staples, i used screws).

Other than a couple trim pieces popping off I really have only had a couple issues and I love the TT.

I don't have any leaking issues that some are experiencing (and it rains hard here in Iowa)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camper.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	64330   Click image for larger version

Name:	camper5.JPG
Views:	193
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	64331   Click image for larger version

Name:	camper2.JPG
Views:	187
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	64332  

TV = 2016 F-150 5.0L SCREW
Pit Crew: DW (Robin)
Kids: 9yo DD (Riley), 5yo DD (Kennedy)
Security: Boxer (Harley), yorkie (Willow)
BlakeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:21 PM   #25
BuzzinHornet

Bought our 269BHKDS Eclipse pkg in June and camped several times this season with some pretty heavy winds and heavy rain and had no problems.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 11-09-2014, 12:02 PM   #26

We have really been happy with the quality of our 25bhss at the price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
FreddieMac is offline   Reply With Quote