Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2014, 02:48 PM   #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I'm standing and waiting for a final mop inside to clean 'er up and push antifreeze into it. The slide is fixed, they even replaced a motor on the other side and have gone through and taken care of very item on my original list, things they found on their own and items I found while I was here. They even fixed up a few of my boneheaded mistakes and threw in a few goodies.

I can honestly say- I'm happy as a pig in crap at this point. I thank SabreSam, Gary (warranty mgr), Bob (plant mgr), and Joe (my fixer upper guy).

Now, for the delivery company to not mess things up.
I'm really glad to hear they took great care of you ependydad.

Sometimes I wonder how many issues are a direct result of delivery. Many of the Interstate highways are in terrible condition and I think Indiana is in the forefront. Last year going to the rally some stretches of I-80 were horrible. Back in 2010 we were towing our fifth wheel on I-55 in Louisiana and I thought the fillings in my teeth were going to be shaken out of my mouth. Roads like that are tough on trailers.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:54 PM   #182
NELA

Glad you're getting this fiasco behind ya eDad. It's been a long road, literally and figuratively, for ya.

With your "cooler head" personality maybe you should become a consumer advocate for all FR products regarding warranty work and shabby workmanship. I would decidedly NOT be the person for that job.

I'd have been ready to simultaneously!!! Not my fault.... I was born a Leo.

Heck I'm ready to do that to our local weather man right now.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:57 PM   #183
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
I'm really glad to hear they took great care of you ependydad.

Sometimes I wonder how many issues are a direct result of delivery. Many of the Interstate highways are in terrible condition and I think Indiana is in the forefront. Last year going to the rally some stretches of I-80 were horrible. Back in 2010 we were towing our fifth wheel on I-55 in Louisiana and I thought the fillings in my teeth were going to be shaken out of my mouth. Roads like that are tough on trailers.
Reminds me, again, of that stretch of road on I-20 headed West going in to Bossier City/Shreveport, LA. Feels like it's putting your kidneys through a blender.

Advice; if you're headed in to that area DO NOT PASS UP that last rest stop before you get there.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:57 PM   #184
Oklahoma Proud

Sweet! !! Good deal Doug! Now I just have to order mine, to join the club!!

oops. forgot to check mark that stupid box again!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:59 PM   #185

So glad to hear it Doug! We are about 2 hours out, text us and we can meet up for dinner. We can't wait to hear all about it! I'm actually excited again instead of dreading this trip now!!
Old 02-11-2014, 03:06 PM   #186

Goshen Rally 2013

That is exactly how we felt when leaving Goshen last year. After the Forest River Tech Guys, Ricks Crew were done with the Crusader, was like a ton of Pig Crap lifted off our heads. With everything working properly after a year, it was a relief. Even after we returned back home, one issue came up that was not there earlier, next day Rick had my part setting on my front door step here in Dallas, GA.
Made me a believer in the way Customers should be treated. Being in Sales for 42 years, you learn somewhere along the line to stand up and do it right:
When we purchase our Park Model down the road, it will be a Forest River Unit:
kickster
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:24 PM   #187

I think the main message is not to give up on FR units. This is just another satisfied owner. Things happen but it always seem to me that FR will do what is right. I'm happy for you Doug, "HAPPY CAMPING TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY".....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:31 PM   #188

Glad to know they got everything taken care for you Doug!
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:10 PM   #189

This is great to hear ! It was very similar to my experience at the Surveyor factory.

The fact is, the dealer network should be able to take care of these things for us. We should not be going to the factory. Factory's job is to PRODUCE the units. We know there will be the odd failures, not the huge issues we see all the time. So that needs to be fixed at the factory level. But the whole RV delaership concept needs to be revamped. I am sure each and every unit returned back to the factory, and the time provided by their managers there is costing them a whole bunch.

The first RV manufacturer who upgrades their quality control to a Quality Assurance system, and the one who makes their dealer system similar to Auto dealerships will gain a huge lead in sales. Just my guess .... I am hoping that someone up there at Forest River is reading these posts and is making notes.

None of the "We are not going to serve you, or serve you last, because you did not buy from us" or units sitting at dealer lots for months with nothing being done, dealers blaming the factory for the delays, or You bought it in USA, no Canadian dealer will serve you stuff .... The first RV manufacturer who sets the bar higher will win ... And we will never have to go visit the fine folks at the factory ....

Sorry for the rant .....
Old 02-11-2014, 05:31 PM   #190

That would be a Hell of a Dealership that could replace a Whole side wall of a unit! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:17 PM   #191

Sounds like good news overall.
Still, I cannot help but think "Why can't they do this without you travelling with your trailer'??
How much bad PR has FR endured on this thread alone simply because they could not fix what needed to be fixed, unless you were there holding their hand.
Lucky you were able to do this due diligence. Now it is up to FR to get their poop in a group and service like this when customer is not breathing down their collective necks!
Nights camped 2015 - 46
Nights camped 2016 - 43
Nights camped 2017 - 2
5 hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:42 PM   #192

Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Glad the Sabre got fixed up on round two. However, I l keep wondering why owners of RVs have to get involved at all with anyone over and above the dealer they bought it from. You bought the camper from your dealer, not Palomino, Forest River, Lippert, etc. Your dealer needs to take care of you the buyer. Not the factory taking care of the buyer and then the dealer washing their hands of it. I keep reading way too many stories of dealers passing the buck and staying out of the warranty repair mess.
SammySabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:06 PM   #193
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleighb View Post
So glad to hear it Doug! We are about 2 hours out, text us and we can meet up for dinner. We can't wait to hear all about it! I'm actually excited again instead of dreading this trip now!!

Sorry that I didn't get to meet you guys! My aunt lives about 2 hours from the factory and I only get to see her once or less per year. We met in the middle last night for dinner and once I knew I was going to be done at the factory today, I changed my hotel reservation to come stay at her house. Spent the even eating home cooked Mexican food, chatting and playing games with my cousins and uncle. Fantastic night and visit that wouldn't have happened without my trip to Goshen.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:11 PM   #194

Glad to hear this Doug! More pics when it is home safely!!

Monty
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:14 PM   #195
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 hole View Post
Now it is up to FR to get their poop in a group and service like this when customer is not breathing down their collective necks!

This was the exact topic of discussions that I've been having with the warranty manager, Gary and a little less so with the plant manager. We have had many long talks about what customers expect and me being very frank with what I felt wasn't done right and how I think it should be done. Gary has been extremely receptive and honest with me about what they are doing wrong, want to be doing and some of the path to get there. I do honestly believe that this mess will effect change there and help things get better. I've long said- my life's purpose is to be an example for others!

I mentioned this before but talked with him today about it - Gary knows he has an open line to call for any level of management and any conversation and that I'm more than willing to be the "patient's advocate" from the customer's perspective. I'll be blunt and honest about what went right and what went wrong. They know things could be better and want them to get better and are making progress to get better. Just so long as that progress doesn't slow when the sting of this badness wears off with time.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:17 PM   #196
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Spent the even eating home cooked Mexican food, chatting and playing games with my cousins and uncle. Fantastic night and visit that wouldn't have happened without my trip to Goshen.
Good to hear Doug. This is one of those stories of when life throws you lemons, you make lemonade.........or maybe in this case a Mexican Breeze.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:24 PM   #197
Always Learning

My morning music selection before the first day of inspections. I was amped up in the short 5 minute drive with some angry rock!
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1392174909.627690.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	46100

The building:

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1392174970.303955.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	46101

They had my unit inside for my inspection. At request, they brought full propane and 12v power for my PDI. They had it plugged into a 15amp outlet.

All units had fuses jammed in the pigtails to light up the lights.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1392175125.369747.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	46102

As much as I hate being up there, I did check my roof.

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1392175166.572854.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	46103

And the view.

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1392175221.929716.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	46104

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1392175265.310660.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	46105

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1392175289.327493.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	46106

To free up the bay, they pulled my unit out once it was wrapped up.

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1392175349.728098.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	46107

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1392175378.605435.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	46108

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1392175403.745471.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	46109

In a day or two, I'll post a good 70 pictures or so from the one-on-one tour that Gary gave me.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:25 PM   #198
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Good to hear Doug. This is one of those stories of when life throws you lemons, you make lemonade.........or maybe in this case a Mexican Breeze.

Oh, let me tell you about this "energy smoothy" she fed me... I'm "energized" if that's what we want to call it!
Old 02-11-2014, 10:28 PM   #199
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goomph View Post
This is great to hear ! It was very similar to my experience at the Surveyor factory.

The fact is, the dealer network should be able to take care of these things for us. We should not be going to the factory. Factory's job is to PRODUCE the units. We know there will be the odd failures, not the huge issues we see all the time. So that needs to be fixed at the factory level. But the whole RV delaership concept needs to be revamped. I am sure each and every unit returned back to the factory, and the time provided by their managers there is costing them a whole bunch.

The first RV manufacturer who upgrades their quality control to a Quality Assurance system, and the one who makes their dealer system similar to Auto dealerships will gain a huge lead in sales. Just my guess .... I am hoping that someone up there at Forest River is reading these posts and is making notes.

None of the "We are not going to serve you, or serve you last, because you did not buy from us" or units sitting at dealer lots for months with nothing being done, dealers blaming the factory for the delays, or You bought it in USA, no Canadian dealer will serve you stuff .... The first RV manufacturer who sets the bar higher will win ... And we will never have to go visit the fine folks at the factory ....

Sorry for the rant .....
X2 Henry Ford we need you
Glad things are fixed up for ya ebendydad

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:11 PM   #200

mmmmmmm homemade Mexican food... soooo Jealous!!
Nights camped 2015 - 46
Nights camped 2016 - 43
Nights camped 2017 - 2
5 hole is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper, factory