Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2014, 09:52 AM   #241
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
If he pulled it W/O a Batt.he was breaking the Law! Youroo!! It has nothing to do with (normal braking).

Yeah, I knew it was breaking the law. Was mostly curious about the normal braking. Thanks!
Old 02-23-2014, 12:20 PM   #242
Are we there yet.......

That was great of you to post pics. A new light on how to and what to do when needed. Looks like a cubby could be made under the second step in the 36qbok. :-) going to work on that one. So if I seen right the whole floor is Lino? Did you happen to notice if under the master bed floor had any installation before outer fiberglass was installed?
Pbalmer65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:36 PM   #243

AsI read these kinds of posts, I realize how dang lucky we were with only a few minor problems and annoyances with our new rig. I've learned that I would NEVER order a unit. I would only buy new off a dealer lot and I'm not sure that I could do a walk thru in just an hour or so. Funny thing is, I stopped at an RV show and saw a "Work and Play" that I thought was really cool. Almost made a deal but thought I'd best do some research. Glad I did that on this forum. Needless to say, I'll stick with what I have. It is very sad what the manufacturers get away with. I once lived near northwest Indiana as a young man and even back them it was well known that if you couldn't find a job anywhere else, you could always get hired at a trailer factory in the Elkhart area. I guess that hasn't changed much.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:58 PM   #244

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGee View Post
AsI read these kinds of posts, I realize how dang lucky we were with only a few minor problems and annoyances with our new rig. I've learned that I would NEVER order a unit. I would only buy new off a dealer lot and I'm not sure that I could do a walk thru in just an hour or so. Funny thing is, I stopped at an RV show and saw a "Work and Play" that I thought was really cool. Almost made a deal but thought I'd best do some research. Glad I did that on this forum. Needless to say, I'll stick with what I have. It is very sad what the manufacturers get away with. I once lived near northwest Indiana as a young man and even back them it was well known that if you couldn't find a job anywhere else, you could always get hired at a trailer factory in the Elkhart area. I guess that hasn't changed much.

I think the main problem with the Sabre plant is the people that work there are paid piece meal rate and they have to hit a certain amount of units to make a living. The rest of the plants may be the same way, I don't know but when you are a rookie working in such a fast pace environment I can see why so many things are over looked and sent out. I do know that there is a lot of turn over from plant to plant and was told that a 10 buck pay increase per week a guy would walk out and go to work elsewhere. Not sure how you fix that but they need to do something different.
Mad DADDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:10 PM   #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad DADDY View Post
I think the main problem with the Sabre plant is the people that work there are paid piece meal rate and they have to hit a certain amount of units to make a living. The rest of the plants may be the same way, I don't know but when you are a rookie working in such a fast pace environment I can see why so many things are over looked and sent out. I do know that there is a lot of turn over from plant to plant and was told that a 10 buck pay increase per week a guy would walk out and go to work elsewhere. Not sure how you fix that but they need to do something different.

I personally watched the side walls being put on a camper and one was about 3/4 of a inch from fitting from the nose cap to the rear of the unit and one of the guys kept saying it needs to go forward and the other guy said let's get this wall on here we can make it work. I am not sure if that's normal or not but with me being in construction, if is 3/4 of a inch off and I heard my guys say we will have to make it work because the fix was going to slow them down a little, I would loose a boot in it. Guess that's why I carry a spare. People deserve a little more, guess that's why I don't make as much as the other companies in my area but the one thing I can say, all of my customers are happy with my work and if they aren't we will stay there until they are.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:21 PM   #246
Site Team

Quote:
I personally watched the side walls being put on a camper and one was about 3/4 of a inch from fitting from the nose cap to the rear of the unit and one of the guys kept saying it needs to go forward and the other guy said let's get this wall on here we can make it work. I am not sure if that's normal or not but with me being in construction, if is 3/4 of a inch off and I heard my guys say we will have to make it work because the fix was going to slow them down a little, I would loose a boot in it. Guess that's why I carry a spare. People deserve a little more, guess that's why I don't make as much as the other companies in my area but the one thing I can say, all of my customers are happy with my work and if they aren't we will stay there until they are.
comparing rv industry workmanship and quality to any other industry....:rofl black: First mistake
You have to grade that on the RV curve...and its a big one.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:05 PM   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
comparing rv industry workmanship and quality to any other industry....:rofl black: First mistake
You have to grade that on the RV curve...and its a big one.

Guess that's what caulk is for. If it doesn't fit and there is a gap, just caulk it and fill up the gap.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:45 PM   #248

Quote:
Guess that's what caulk is for. If it doesn't fit and there is a gap, just caulk it and fill up the gap.

We can sure do that. You bring the beer and I will bring the steak. That sounds like a night to remember......good times

Tags
camper, factory