Old 01-18-2014, 09:36 AM   #21
Fulltime family RVer

The other side of the coin- my dealer deserves NO blame in this. Since the decision to take it back to the factory- I have been dealing with the manufacturer's warranty manager exclusively.

Old 01-18-2014, 09:44 AM   #22
Site Team

I hate to hear this, Doug. However, since the warranty manager personally guaranteed it, then he needs to be held to his word..........even if he didn't do the physical work.

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:45 AM   #23

Feeling real bad for you ependydad. Having it for 2 months and it's worse than when it went back to the factory, that'd ridiculous! I'd be ticked off too. It's a shame when people make promises over the phone and don't deliver or follow up. Customer service?? I think more like customer dis-service. Are they that stupid to say it was winterized and it wasn't, don't they think people know when they don't see any pink? I sincerely hope you get everything taken care of to your complete and total satisfaction. FR should know who worked on your unit and have a real conversation with them letting them know customers deserve and expect things to get fixed right the first time. I know you'll be keeping us informed and updated on the progress and look forward to reading that all is well. You know you've got alot of people in your corner, hope that helps a little.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:48 AM   #24
In Search of a Vacation

Espy, Thanks for the information on this as we are expecting our 35-QSIK-6 back from the factory this week. It's going through the PDI facility on Monday per my communication from Gary. They've had our unit since Mid- October. Like you we love our unit but the initial quality and defects that we discovered were way beyond what we'd imagined. I sent a hard copy list, pictures and a USB drive with our unit in hopes that they properly repair all of our items. I guess we'll be keeping our fingers crossed and saying some prayers that ours comes back fully repaired. I'm really sorry for the trouble you're experiencing with your unit. I can somewhat feel your pain!
Old 01-18-2014, 09:59 AM   #25
Fulltime family RVer

cw, supposedly mine went thru their PDI facility, too.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:19 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

Ever watch them builded a unit. They have no time for quality control, from what I see !! Its Go,Go,Go, get it out the door. Let the dealer fix it.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:21 AM   #27
Incheon, S. Korea

Aren't you the LAST person they'd want to tick off? It's not like you have a camping blog or anything..

Quote:
Originally Posted by davel1971 View Post
it amazes me that is big as the RV community is and as much as we all share info, good and bad, that there is such poor workmanship at every level. From the factory to the dealer. Labor rates at the dealers are close to auto dealers, but their ability to fix anything is extremely poor.
Me too. What really surprises me is how happy everyone is that got their problems fixed. But why are there so many of these people? Doesn't that mean a lot of problems? Just sayin'
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:25 AM   #28

WOW, that seriously hurts. And I thought my crappy dealer, Out of Doors Mart was the worst. Now it looks like there is nowhere to turn. It's a handle it yourself world.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:39 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Ever watch them builded a unit. They have no time for quality control, from what I see !! Get it out the door. Let the dealer fix it. A few years back, I built a Customer Service desk for a R.V. dealer. I got talking to one of the service tecks in the shop. He told me “you would not believe how bad these units come in from the factory“. He showed me one he was working on. Bathroom door was to long and would not close. Cabinet doors hardware was not strait. Interior trim was damaged, carpet in bedroom was tore.
Quality control………NOT !!!!
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:04 AM   #30

This is why from now on, I buy used. Bought a new 38' Tiffin RED 3 years ago and ended up with over 50 items on the punch list. My salesman just sold one of the Winona's (Judd or Rider?) a used Class A, by her request. I was curious about why knowing she could afford new. She said because a used coach has all the bugs worked out. Now, I am a believer too.
Just bought a 2006 Sunseeker with 4 minor problems all resolved on delivery day and 2 months later (knock on wood) running great.

2015 Keystone Bullet Travel Trailer
2016 F-150 Lariat with Auto Trailer Backup
Dog = Morki (Yorkie-Maltese) - Zoe
Malabarbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper, factory