Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2014, 11:20 AM   #61

I think if companies instituted better Quality Control we would all be better off. Seems to me their plan is to push these RVs out the door and give the dealers a chunk of change to clean up the problems. Again, used RVs is all I will buy from now on.
2015 Keystone Bullet Travel Trailer
2016 F-150 Lariat with Auto Trailer Backup
Dog = Morki (Yorkie-Maltese) - Zoe
Malabarbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:26 AM   #62
Infractee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

I've definitely cooled down that I'm able to talk politely instead of the ^#~%}{}%^}{]}#%^^^^%#%##}^ that would have come out on Friday.

That is good, cursing them out like a sailor *may* have felt good at the moment, talking rationally gets a much more satisfactory reaction from all involved.

Again, good luck with it!
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:27 AM   #63
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoZeta View Post
That is good, cursing them out like a sailor *may* have felt good at the moment, talking rationally gets a much more satisfactory reaction from all involved.

Again, good luck with it!

Yep! I knew I had to wait until after the weekend because anything before would have been unproductive.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:31 PM   #64
NELA

Saw this at a link on the Blue Ridge lemon thread:

In 1996, Forest River founder Peter Liegl had a vision. He foresaw an RV company dedicated to helping people experience the joy of the outdoors by building better recreational products. Today that vision is a reality.
Continually growing, Forest River operates multiple manufacturing facilities throughout the midwest and west coast.Our large production capacity enables us to fill our customers' orders promptly without cutting corners or rushing through production procedures. This ensures that each Forest River product is conscientiously built and undergoes thorough, detailed inspection before it's shipped to the customer

Can someone help me find my eyes? I think I rolled 'em so hard they went slap off my monitor and across the floor somewhere.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:23 PM   #65
DDC

Once the bankers and the private equity companies get their paws into companies like this it is cut cut cut cut and the consumer is ultimately the big loser, seen this twice with the company I use to work for.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:28 PM   #66

I keep getting emails that folks have posted to this thread them u log into the app and nothing is there. Is there something wrong with the app?
Pirates55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:34 PM   #67
RKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirates55 View Post
I keep getting emails that folks have posted to this thread them u log into the app and nothing is there. Is there something wrong with the app?

Nothing wrong with app. Somebody is deleting posts. They will probably delete this one.
RKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:49 PM   #68
Oklahoma Proud

I believe its since the op is a moderator and someone is saying he isnt real. That would pizz me off.
- we had excellent service with our last camper from FR, and I would expect nothing but the same in the future.....but if they are letting stuff slide now, I'd like to know before I purchase another one.

oops. forgot to check mark that stupid box again!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:44 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
Once the bankers and the private equity companies get their paws into companies like this it is cut cut cut cut and the consumer is ultimately the big loser, seen this twice with the company I use to work for.
Forest River is owned by Berkshire Hathaway (read Warren Buffet). The RV industry took a huge hit in 2009-2011 with the bad economy. 2012 - 2013 the industry bounced back and they can't make RVs fast enough for the popular brands. Factories have to pump out RVs and make money while the sun is shinning. Cutting corners, lack of quality control, unqualified dealers, bad PDI results, etc. leads to a poor RV owner experience.

I am reading this over and over again with various brands I follow. Sabre, Trilogy, Columbus, Heartland and Montana, are the few that come to mind.
SammySabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:38 PM   #70
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
I believe its since the op is a moderator and someone is saying he isnt real. That would pizz me off.

MT, as a moderator, I don't get any special protection from people calling BS on anything I post. We are a team of 10 and I'm held accountable to the other mods and to the folks that run this site. The posts that were deleted for other reasons. PM me for info.

Cheers. Tomorrow's the big day...
Old 01-19-2014, 08:49 PM   #71

I am keeping my eye on this thread too. As in my earlier post I am in the same situation when mine came back not fixed. I was told to take it to a dealer to fix what was not fixed at the factory. I was not happy about that. So I am curious as to what the outcome to yours is. Please keep us updated.
kparman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:46 AM   #72
Incheon, S. Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
Berkshire Hathaway is known for NOT doing this. Peter Liegl is the one who came in like a hawk and bought up everything at a discount to package and sell. He's a genius.
Some folks who know a lot about him say other things though...

I'd be surprised if a higher-up doesn't bend over backwards to make this all good.
Chris Mandell and Connie at Viking sure did for me, but I did have to go nuclear first.
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:07 PM   #73

I have had my fair share if issues with our MH and some have required multiple trips to the factory. All have been taken care if 100% and I am a big fan. I bought our MH from a local dealer and they are good but I don't believe we could have had the issues taken care of with out returning to Goshen several times. Not saying it's right but this is what happened. I did take it myself even though they offered to pick it up and deliver it. I spent time with the tech and was welcome to check the progress any time. Not everyone can do that I know. I hope that the issues are corrected for you promptly. On a side note you answer a lot of questions on the forum and have helped me many times. Thanks for that. Good luck.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:00 PM   #74
Always Learning

Camper is back from factory - worse shape than it left

It's only fair that I update as things go. I emailed Gary, the warranty manager, this morning. I didn't hear anything today so I just called. He said that, for lack of better words- there was a mixup with serial numbers, they had bad information internally, and they flat-out dropped the ball. In my email this morning, I requested a conference call with him, the plant manager and the PDI manager to discuss wth happened and figure out a plan of attack for it coming up. In talking, it sounds like they'll be calling me tomorrow. We aren't 100% certain as to who is taking it back to the factory - either I let another driver take it or I take it out and stay with it (as OldCoot suggested). He did assure me that he would have me out to inspect it before it comes back next time.

As of now, I have gotten exactly the response I needed - there was no sugar coating or beating around the bush. He basically said we messed up and we'll make it right. I'm a little disappointed that he didn't call me earlier, but he said he was investigating to see what happened before he called. Either way, now to see the actions behind the words. As expected, I'll keep y'all posted.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:41 PM   #75

Response

After everything we went through with out Crusader a year ago, getting this kind of response was exactly what we needed also. Forest River has my business for the next purchases we make in about tow years. Hopefully the bugs will be further worked out for all concerned, they are all a bunch of great guys, especially my buddy Rick in customer service:
Blessings;

Quote:
It's only fair that I update as things go. I emailed Gary, the warranty manager, this morning. I didn't hear anything today so I just called. He said that, for lack of better words- there was a mixup with serial numbers, they had bad information internally, and they flat-out dropped the ball. In my email this morning, I requested a conference call with him, the plant manager and the PDI manager to discuss wth happened and figure out a plan of attack for it coming up. In talking, it sounds like they'll be calling me tomorrow. We aren't 100% certain as to who is taking it back to the factory - either I let another driver take it or I take it out and stay with it (as OldCoot suggested). He did assure me that he would have me out to inspect it before it comes back next time.

As of now, I have gotten exactly the response I needed - there was no sugar coating or beating around the bush. He basically said we messed up and we'll make it right. I'm a little disappointed that he didn't call me earlier, but he said he was investigating to see what happened before he called. Either way, now to see the actions behind the words. As expected, I'll keep y'all posted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture1.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	45181  
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:02 PM   #76
Infractee

Quote:

Excellent news!!
Glad to hear it was a simple screwup and NOT an intentional blowoff!
Now, that does not help the situation you are in but at least they have apologized and you all are making plans on how to move forward. It is a helluva mistake but it sounds like you are on the correct path with it.

I too am a "Action Speaks Louder Than Words" person, don't tell me about the labor, just show me the baby!
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:16 PM   #77
NELA

Quote:

eDad,

Remember my issue with the V-Lite? (the wiring hole in the floor with the sofa leg falling in to it and crimping wiring)

That was a snafu as well. My brand new RV had set there 3 weeks with nothing started to fix it, and then a light bulb went on when someone at the dealer said to me:

Well if you'd had an *appointment* when you brought it in...blah blah blah.

Ummm, hello? I went Weezer on 'em.

We *did* have that all important appointment, and even made arrangements to have their on site security guy open the gates after hours to bring it in.

Amazing results happened after warranty person A communicated with warranty person B. We had 'er back within a week.

So yes, miscommunications happen at the dealer warranty department, and I would imagine more so at the factory where so many more units are being processed under warranty conditions.

FTR, warranty person A is no longer employed there. In fact it appears that between sales and repair, more than one person is no longer working there and there has been some rather stringent new rules put in place, rules that evidently were enacted to bring that dealership up to a higher level of *service*.

Suffice it to say that we went right back to the same dealership *and* the same salesman for our 5th wheel purchase. That wouldn't have happened if they hadn't convinced us they are the best dealership/warranty department in our area.

Here's hoping you'll be able to post the same sort of recommendation, and same level of satisfaction......soon!

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:27 PM   #78

Glad to hear you got a response. Hope all goes well.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:32 PM   #79
RKR

Good to hear they stepped up to the plate again after they struck out. Sounds like their going to take of you. Good luck.
RKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:33 PM   #80
Incheon, S. Korea

That's great. Sounds like the creation of an emergency response team (of techs) at FR wouldn't be a bad idea.
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper, factory