Old 01-19-2014, 11:20 AM   #61

I think if companies instituted better Quality Control we would all be better off. Seems to me their plan is to push these RVs out the door and give the dealers a chunk of change to clean up the problems. Again, used RVs is all I will buy from now on.

2015 Keystone Bullet Travel Trailer
2016 F-150 Lariat with Auto Trailer Backup
Dog = Morki (Yorkie-Maltese) - Zoe
Malabarbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:26 AM   #62
Infractee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

I've definitely cooled down that I'm able to talk politely instead of the ^#~%}{}%^}{]}#%^^^^%#%##}^ that would have come out on Friday.

That is good, cursing them out like a sailor *may* have felt good at the moment, talking rationally gets a much more satisfactory reaction from all involved.

Again, good luck with it!

Old 01-19-2014, 11:27 AM   #63
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoZeta View Post
That is good, cursing them out like a sailor *may* have felt good at the moment, talking rationally gets a much more satisfactory reaction from all involved.

Again, good luck with it!

Yep! I knew I had to wait until after the weekend because anything before would have been unproductive.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:31 PM   #64
NELA

Saw this at a link on the Blue Ridge lemon thread:

In 1996, Forest River founder Peter Liegl had a vision. He foresaw an RV company dedicated to helping people experience the joy of the outdoors by building better recreational products. Today that vision is a reality.
Continually growing, Forest River operates multiple manufacturing facilities throughout the midwest and west coast.Our large production capacity enables us to fill our customers' orders promptly without cutting corners or rushing through production procedures. This ensures that each Forest River product is conscientiously built and undergoes thorough, detailed inspection before it's shipped to the customer

Can someone help me find my eyes? I think I rolled 'em so hard they went slap off my monitor and across the floor somewhere.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:23 PM   #65
DDC

Once the bankers and the private equity companies get their paws into companies like this it is cut cut cut cut and the consumer is ultimately the big loser, seen this twice with the company I use to work for.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:28 PM   #66

I keep getting emails that folks have posted to this thread them u log into the app and nothing is there. Is there something wrong with the app?
Old 01-19-2014, 02:34 PM   #67
RKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirates55 View Post
I keep getting emails that folks have posted to this thread them u log into the app and nothing is there. Is there something wrong with the app?

Nothing wrong with app. Somebody is deleting posts. They will probably delete this one.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:49 PM   #68
Oklahoma Proud

I believe its since the op is a moderator and someone is saying he isnt real. That would pizz me off.
- we had excellent service with our last camper from FR, and I would expect nothing but the same in the future.....but if they are letting stuff slide now, I'd like to know before I purchase another one.

oops. forgot to check mark that stupid box again!
Old 01-19-2014, 06:44 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
Once the bankers and the private equity companies get their paws into companies like this it is cut cut cut cut and the consumer is ultimately the big loser, seen this twice with the company I use to work for.
Forest River is owned by Berkshire Hathaway (read Warren Buffet). The RV industry took a huge hit in 2009-2011 with the bad economy. 2012 - 2013 the industry bounced back and they can't make RVs fast enough for the popular brands. Factories have to pump out RVs and make money while the sun is shinning. Cutting corners, lack of quality control, unqualified dealers, bad PDI results, etc. leads to a poor RV owner experience.

I am reading this over and over again with various brands I follow. Sabre, Trilogy, Columbus, Heartland and Montana, are the few that come to mind.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:38 PM   #70
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
I believe its since the op is a moderator and someone is saying he isnt real. That would pizz me off.

MT, as a moderator, I don't get any special protection from people calling BS on anything I post. We are a team of 10 and I'm held accountable to the other mods and to the folks that run this site. The posts that were deleted for other reasons. PM me for info.

Cheers. Tomorrow's the big day...

Tags
camper, factory