Old 01-20-2014, 06:38 PM   #81

Glad to hear that they are getting things resolved, Doug.

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:29 PM   #82
In Search of a Vacation

Glad you got some good responses back from them!! That does give us hope that ours comes back in the condition that it's supposed to. The only thing now is I'm now hoping that your VIN didn't get mixed up with mine since they have both been there at the same time.. Mine was supposed to go through PDI today but I didn't hear anything back from them today.

Good luck and please keep us updated!

Old 01-21-2014, 07:12 AM   #83

I'm really glad they're stepping up to do the right thing. I had some warranty experiences with my Sabre and dealt with Gary; found him to be helpful and sincere. Best of luck. Hopefully you'll have your Sabre back to you in 100% status in time for some camping!
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:39 PM   #84
Fulltime family RVer

Another update - good so far.

I just got off of the phone with Gary and the plant manager. Both apologized again for the mix-up. They explained a little more of what happened (longest story shortest, they confused serial numbers on mine and another that was done; mine never should have been sent back).

They did acknowledge that they're not certain what happened to the water filter, but that it was winterized by blowing out the lines. I'm guessing that they simply forgot to empty the water filter. My concern is what else did they forget?

At this point, assuming the weather holds out- we have a schedule in place for them to pickup the camper by the end of the week/beginning of next week and then for me to travel out in early February to spend a few days testing the camper and looking for the slightest imperfections. They'll then transport it back to me and hopefully this whole thing will be a blip in my radar.

As before- the words are all correct and what I was hoping for. The actions seem positive so far. Gary coordinated the call between the parties that I wanted to speak together at once with. Additionally, I've already heard from the transport company about getting a drive together for picking the unit up (after my issues with them dropping it off - the driver literally called me when he was 10 minutes away).
Old 01-21-2014, 04:23 PM   #85

You know a broken water filter housing would be a real show stopper, for whatever reason. Maybe a good idea for me to have a spare.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:13 PM   #86
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evereddie View Post
You know a broken water filter housing would be a real show stopper, for whatever reason. Maybe a good idea for me to have a spare.
A spare or the plumbing fixtures to bypass it. Sure is a show stopper- I couldn't run water (or more accurately, pink stuff) in the thing if I wanted to right now.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:25 PM   #87

It sounds like everything will be made right Doug. I like it that you will be able to test everything near the factory. Do you plan to stick around when they winterize it?

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:29 PM   #88
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
It sounds like everything will be made right Doug. I like it that you will be able to test everything near the factory. Do you plan to stick around when they winterize it?
Yep. I'll likely be in it inside of the factory since it'll still be cold mid-February. No chance I'm trying to play inside of it while outside.

And yeah- I'll be assisting with it being re-winterized at the end of my testing and will plan on having pink stuff pushed through the lines.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:15 PM   #89
Infractee

As crazy as the mixup at the factory sounds, I just had one happen to me today that affirms stuff like this can and does happen.

My wife was involved in an accident last thursday, her truck was towed to the wrecker service's yard so that the insurance folks could look at it. Today, I get a call from the appraiser telling me that the truck was NOT there and did I release it to someone else as another wrecker hauled it away. I called the wrecker service and they said that it was declared a total by the insurance company and they hauled it off! I informed him that no, this can not be true as the appraiser was there, trying to look at it. Well, after some digging it was determined that there were TWO silver Ford Expeditions brought in to the yard on the same day and the wrong one was released, apparently nobody looked at the VINs.

Right now, at this moment, the two wrecker services are exchanging silver Expeditions....

So yes, this kind of 3 Stooges type stuff really does happen, incredibly enough.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:15 PM   #90

Good luck...........

1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper, factory